Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Navigating lock bugs in "My music"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
i've also have a big collection of music files which causes xbmc to hang. i've narrowed it down to a couple of directories. strangely i can rename these dirs or remove their contents they still cause the lockup.
the same thing happens with the same set of mp3s on the local xbox hd and on a samba share.
if it's useful i could tar up the offending dirs and send them to someone to investigate. otherwise it's not anything i'm overly bothered about keeping, i'll delete them.

mike
it's related to the tag in one or more of the files in each of those directories. their location wont matter. a partial fix was put in a little while ago.

if you are running a cvs version made after the 6th, please open up a bug report on sourceforge. try to narrow it down to a few files, and post them.

if not, please get a more recent version and test.
what i've sone so far, i put these into comments in playlistm3u.cpp:
Quote:cstdstring strfilenameutf8;
g_charsetconverter.stringcharsettoutf8(strfilename, strfilenameutf8);
strfilename = strfilenameutf8;
now i can go to mymusic without crash and browse all folders. but when i try to play my playlist from smb-share, xbmc won't play mp3-files which have characters like ä, ö, å in their names.

so there is something wrong with charset conversions...?
yep, fix went in to cvs earlier this morning.
great!

of course, yesterday i renamed all my mp3 files and folders... ä -> a and ö -> o so i can't yet confirm if this helps me out... i'll restore my backup later and try then again.
ok... that fix didn't help me.

i checked cvs to see what has happened around 2005-10-09 with charsets. file xbmc/utils/charsetconverter.cpp has changed a bit. i replaced current cvs some changed lines from older version (2005-10-09 00:00)

these:
Quote:char *dst = strdest.getbuffer(outbytes);

back to this:
Quote:char *dst = strdest.setbuf(inbytes);

now - all works fine... so the question is: what you (and i) have done? why current cvs doesn't work with my xbox-pc but with these modifications i made it works?

Huh
inbytes won't be enough in general, seeing as it is converting to utf8 which can be up to 4 bytes per character. note that outbytes is 4 times the amount of inbytes for this purpose, so that it doesn't buffer overrun.

please supply a m3u file that causes the current cvs version to crash, and i'll fix it.
(jmarshall @ dec. 27 2005,00:28 Wrote:please supply a m3u file that causes the current cvs version to crash, and i'll fix it.
i suppose that you have access to http://www.xboxmediaplayer.it/upload ? i've uploaded file "dump.zip" there 10th december - there is my playlist "pop_this_is_from_pc.m3u".

any progress yet?
sorry - haven't had time. grabbed the file and added it to my todo list.
sounds good - thank you!
i had no problem at all loading the playlist (other than the fact that i didn't have any of the files ofcourse).

the log file in dump.zip appears to be loading a different playlist though.

it'd helpful if you could give a full debug log of when it occurs (paste on pastebin.com) and plus the info required to reproduce.

thanks,
jonathan
i have no idea what you have done... with latest cvs all works fine. big thanks anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5