Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: will there be a OUYA specific version or "just" an Android Build ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this really makes a great difference for me if there will be a XBMC version specifically for the OUYA Android console or if it will "just" use the dirty version using third party media players to work.

So is there any words on this?

Will there be a OUYA specific XBMC build ?
XBMC on OUYA will work because it utilizes Stagefright:

http://linux-sunxi.org/Stagefright
Everything works great for me accept a few keyboard presses and live tv, but I believe the problem may be on my end and hopefully some team members are looking over my debug log in another thread.
it is not so much a question of if it is working, but rather if there have been granted full access to the XBMC dev team to the OUYA so a specific build for OUYA and not "just" the Android build will be released..
There will be no OUYA specific build. There's zero need to make a special build only for the OUYA, since it will run the libstagefright/Android version just fine.
I just tried to install it.

Says "starting download", but that is it.

Nothing happens after that. Sad

Update: OK cool, so you then have to go into manage > system > advanced > storage > downloads and then click on the apk file you downloaded and install it.

Now how do I run xmbc I wonder.. And seems I can NOT delete downloaded files either. Wow ouya needs a lot of work.

Update 2: OK after downloading and install it. Reboot your OUYA. Then go to make > software and click on XBMC.

XMBC is now running. Smile The controller is NOT 100% supported yet so you have to use the d-pad to navigate.
(2013-05-19, 19:37)war59312 Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried to install it.

Update: OK cool, so you then have to go into manage > system > advanced > storage > downloads and then click on the apk file you downloaded and install it.

Now how do I run xmbc I wonder.. And seems I can NOT delete downloaded files either. Wow ouya needs a lot of work.

Update 2: OK after downloading and install it. Reboot your OUYA. Then go to make > software and click on XBMC.

XMBC is now running. Smile The controller is NOT 100% supported yet so you have to use the d-pad to navigate.
are you using stagefrieght or the regular version of android xbmc?
Libstagefright here. Works well.
Anyone know if XBMC can launch the Ouya browser? (Thinking about Amazon and Netflix)
(2013-05-19, 19:37)war59312 Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried to install it.

You can use the touch pad in manage>system>advanced>storage to select the items you downloaded via the browser. Then after selecting the ones you want to delete there is a trash can on the top right of the screen. Press that and the items will be deleted.
(2013-05-20, 01:35)tennisbgc Wrote: [ -> ]are you using stagefrieght or the regular version of android xbmc?
Running libstagefright.

(2013-05-20, 03:31)locoguano Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know if XBMC can launch the Ouya browser? (Thinking about Amazon and Netflix)
Amazon runs fine.

Not a clue about Netflix as I do NOT use that service. Doubt it though, since I'm sure no support for Silverlight.

Will double check the Silverlight support (via: http://bubblemark.com/silverlight2.html) when I get home.

Update: Whoops, just realized you asked about running it from within XBMC itself. I doubt it atm, will try when I get home later tonight. (Update 2: My plans changed, won't make it home tonight, will try later in the week if someone else does NOT beat me to it first).

(2013-05-20, 10:39)Enmity Wrote: [ -> ]You can use the touch pad in manage>system>advanced>storage to select the items you downloaded via the browser. Then after selecting the ones you want to delete there is a trash can on the top right of the screen. Press that and the items will be deleted.
I did NOT see the trash can of course. Easy to miss. Thanks!
Is this the libstagefright build everyone is talking about? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152005
Yes!