Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember settings for Frodo, with preexisting movies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used to use Ember extensively to manage my movie collection, and whipped a couple of thousand movies into shape using:

movie.nfo
fanart.jpg
movie.tbn

Then I had a baby and got busy, and went about 10 months without downloading/watching a movie...

Now I'm coming back, found this new EMM, saw a nice "Frodo Settings" button, which is good, because that's what I use...

But if I use the 'proper' settings, EMM doesn't recognize info for any of my already-downloaded movies..

What would be the best course of action for me moving forward?
I was about to ask the same thing. For example the poster image file used to be poster.jpg and now it is <movie>-poster.jpg
Is there a way to have EMM simply rename my hundreds of image files to the new format?
No. Use Bulk Rename Utility to rename existing files.
Thanks Dan.
Actually I have a program called 'Better File Rename' that I have been using for years.
Until you brought it up I never realized it had the ability to work like this...
Not sure exactly how Bulk Rename works but with BFR I could have it select all files and do multiple tasks in a single rename.
Selected 'add folder name' plus insert '-' 6 characters from end for the 'poster' files. Worked perfect.
Thanks for teaching me how to use a piece of software that I have been using for years... renamed 1000's of files with it but for some reason never thought to look at it for this task, LOL.
I'm sure BRU works similarly.