Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Change default subtitles offset ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to change the default subtitles offset setting when playing a video? Maybe through advancedsettings.xml? I like to see them with a fixed delay of 1.5, and the "set as defaults.." is not working for this. Any idea? Thanks!
Using the video OSD while watching a movie, under audio you should have a selection for Subtitle-offset, once set... the menu item for set for default for all videos should apply, but if you say it doesn't then this is probably what you're looking for..

file advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<subsdelayrange>10</subsdelayrange> <!-- Delay range for subtitles, in seconds. -->
</video>
</advancedsettings>

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml
Thanks for your answer, but thats not the point. I dont want to extend the range of the subtitles could be delayed. I wanted to set a fixed delay value for all the subtitles in all the videos, In other words... when i enter to the osd the "subtitles offset" is to 0.00, and i want it to 1.5... always.

Thanks again!
Sorry for the necropost, but FTR I would also like this feature. The default timing of subtitles "spoilers" the line if you read it. A delay of between 1 and 2 seconds solves this problem, and I'd love an advancedsetting to have all of my subs to be delayed in this way.