Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Works fine with VPN?! Why paranoid? Not in USA.
Your an exception, hiding behind a VPN.

For a Newb with no knowledge or skills, TrakTV logs / ip addresses / user database exposure by the MPAA via Court Proceedings is a very real possibility.
There are applications already afoot here in court in Australia to go after Torrent users via their ip addresses. Newbs will get caught out if this is allowed to proceed as has happened elsewhere in the world already. Angry

Please read the MPAA Worldwide plan here:
http://torrentfreak.com/leak-exposes-hol...gy-141212/

This is getting way off topic in the wrong thread now.
(2014-12-20, 09:35)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Your an exception, hiding behind a VPN.

For a Newb with no knowledge or skills, TrakTV logs / ip addresses / user database exposure by the MPAA via Court Proceedings is a very real possibility.
There are applications already afoot here in court in Australia to go after Torrent users via their ip addresses. Newbs will get caught out if this is allowed to proceed as has happened elsewhere in the world already. Angry

Please read the MPAA Worldwide plan here:
http://torrentfreak.com/leak-exposes-hol...gy-141212/

This is getting way off topic in the wrong thread now.
And trakt gives no clue whether you watched at a theatre or from a legitimate bluray or a pirated copy.
Hi, I've recently started using this downright excellent Skin with Gotham on Amazon FireTV.

Firstly, well done to the developer. brilliant combination of style and function. First class skin!

There are a couple of things I've been stuck on for a while which I'm looking for help with. The first is that I can't seem to link a new tile to the android app directory AND/OR specific android apps. I have checked out the wiki and have tried variations on:

ActivateWindow(androidapp://sources/apps/,return)
AND
ActivateWindow(10001,"androidapp://sources/apps/",return)

The wiki says I have to use the full path but I'm not sure how to find the path.

My other issue is linking a tile to a file list i've added using 'add sources' - for this i've been trying variations on:

ActivateWindow(Files,sources://video/THENAMEOFMYFOLDER/) - this take me to file manager, from where I can access my folder, but I'd rather make this a single click function.

Anyone?
@whitlando - easiest way to add a tile is to just add the source as a favourite with the context menu and then add the favourite. Im not sure about android apps, but for the video sorce use activatewindow(videos,Path, return) rather than files (assuming the content is videos)
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the skin. It's the nicest one I've ever used on XBMC!
Merry Christmas jurialmunkey
Merry Christmas everyonr
Merry Christmas Guys
I upgraded to Kodi and surprisingly, Eminence worked right after the update. Has Helix version been pushed to the repository?
(2014-12-26, 18:02)suku_patel_22 Wrote: [ -> ]I upgraded to Kodi and surprisingly, Eminence worked right after the update. Has Helix version been pushed to the repository?

It doesn't look like it, however I noticed it was updated on github about 20 minutes ago.
No not yet,, getting there though. A few little things to fix and I want to get a few hub customisation options done before going official for Helix. The hub changes will require reseting hub customisations to defaults so I'd rather do that at a the beginning of a release cycle rather than pushing those changes after people have everything setup.
Well, it seems to be working fine. Atleast for basic movie watching.
If you do a fresh Helix install then you don't even get the chance to load Eminence - presumably because it is not marked as Helix compatible.

If you loaded it on Gotham and then upgraded to Helix, it will still be there (along with your other Gotham only skins) - but of course all things may or may not work.

Looking forward to seeing it being entirely Helix compatible Mr jurialmunkey.
(2014-12-27, 06:58)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]If you do a fresh Helix install then you don't even get the chance to load Eminence - presumably because it is not marked as Helix compatible.

If you loaded it on Gotham and then upgraded to Helix, it will still be there (along with your other Gotham only skins) - but of course all things may or may not work.

Looking forward to seeing it being entirely Helix compatible Mr jurialmunkey.

I apt upgraded to Helix, and the skin was still there. It's functional. Happy that I don't have to go to confluence Smile