Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-10-28, 02:52)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-28, 02:08)ScottyRads Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-21, 22:34)ScottyRads Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there, every default category has the ability to edit the label except for 'Settings', so it must be hardcoded somewhere. I can't find it.

Any ideas on where I would be able to change this?

This still.

Why?

So I can use the icons without text. I don't need an icon with a game pad and then a label that says games. Seems like a simple fix that I can't find. Looks dumb when they all have icons only but then it says "settings" under the icon and its unremovable.
I see, I thought you were trying to remove the settings icon.
Hello.
Perhaps this question is already solved, but there are 87 pages on this thread...
When i listen to music and there is no fanart for a song, the screen is black. Can i set a default picture / folder for this case?

Thanks.
I'm getting what seems to be a bug after watching a TV episode. After the episode is finished and it returns to the file list, the name of the file is missing the season/episode number. Because of that, the episode then ends up at the bottom of the list due to sorting by name/file. This happens in the Wall view:

In the image, the episode just watched is 2x23, but now it's at the bottom of the list after 7x40.
Once or twice the screen has automatically refreshed after a number of seconds and corrected the name, but that doesn't always happen. I'm using Eminence 1.0.5.

Another suggestion is the Cancelled/Ended wording at the bottom of the screen. Seeing the word CANCELLED automatically suggests the show was rubbish and gives it an unnecessary negative vibe. Maybe if this was just "Ended" or "Show ended" or something.
(2014-10-29, 13:53)mimu88 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.
Perhaps this question is already solved, but there are 87 pages on this thread...
When i listen to music and there is no fanart for a song, the screen is black. Can i set a default picture / folder for this case?

Thanks.

you sure you have the service, Artist Slideshow loaded, and configured properly?
and make sure you have this options on in your Skin Settings.

after that, maybe the artist you're listening to does not have any fanart loaded on the databaseHuh
(2014-10-29, 19:43)locomot1f Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-29, 13:53)mimu88 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

Thanks.

you sure you have the service, Artist Slideshow loaded, and configured properly?
and make sure you have this options on in your Skin Settings.

after that, maybe the artist you're listening to does not have any fanart loaded on the databaseHuh

Oh, yes, this was the problem. Thank you!
One thing I really like about this skin is that episode thumbs will default to fanart for a TV show if there is not thumb available. Can this be carried over to work in other areas than the library? Search results is one I noticed recently, but there may be others. Thanks again for all your hard work.
Hello, loving the skin! I have one small suggestion. Setting the subtitle offset on the fly is not as convenient as Confluence. In Confluence, one only has the offset bar at top middle to adjust. In Eminence, one has to press Esc several times to get back to a screen with the offset bar and the play controls at the bottom. There is no way I have found to have only the offset bar and the video. Has anyone else found this a little inconvenient or just me?
(2014-10-21, 22:34)ScottyRads Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there, every default category has the ability to edit the label except for 'Settings', so it must be hardcoded somewhere. I can't find it.

Any ideas on where I would be able to change this?
Remove this control from Includes_Home.xml (around line 1005)
Code:
<control type="label">
                        <include>Home-Menu-Label</include>
                        <label>$INFO[Skin.String(home.313.Label)]</label>
                        <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="45" time="100" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(home.dontfade) + [Window.IsVisible(videoosd) | !Control.HasFocus(323)]">Conditional</animation>
                        <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="0,-10" time="100" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(home.talltiles) + Control.HasFocus(323)">Conditional</animation>
                    </control>

(2014-10-26, 23:25)Turgon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again jurialmunkey.

Have you given any thought to the request I made regarding exiting the OSD after downloading a subtitle? It really gets old having to hit the back button to return to full screen view... Though I understand if you chose not to do it.

Also, a few bugs I noticed testing your skin on my android phone (4.5 screen):

1) finger scrolling works on many screens (like the movie / tv hubs or the carousel widget) but it doesn't on others, library mode view being the most jarring. I have to scroll with the bar, which is pretty difficult on a small screen.

2) curiously, there is an opposite issue on my pi, where the scroll bars do not work. Selecting subtitles or choosing a source for streaming plugins must be done with the down button one item at a time as there are no scrolling bars showing.

3) can't find a way to access the sidebar on library mode on my phone. No gesture seems to call it and the only way I found to do it is to hold the finger over the right border, but it's impossible to pick an item and the sidebar disappears as soon as I lift the finger. I'd love to try other views but can't do it.

4) on a related note, the method described above only works once. As soon as the sidebar disappears it's impossible to call it again unless I first return to the hub.

If you can find a solution for the sidebar and the scrolling issues, I'm sure this will be the best skin for anybody with a touch screen. Great work, man!
Yeah there still needs some work done for touch devices, it wont be until after Helix versions are released as I'm quite busy at the moment. The subtitles thing I will implement when I get a chance, I just don't really have much free time at all at the moment. I'll look into the missing scrollbars.

(2014-10-27, 20:49)Namerp Wrote: [ -> ]It would be great if the text fields (red box) are getting longer (like the yellow box). At the moment the text field need to scroll unnecessary.

Also would it be nice if you pull the fresh lang files from transifex before you release a new version Smile

Will fix for next version. I can't directly pull the transifex stuff, I have to wait for it to go to a special repo first so it completely depends on whether or not it has been updated.

(2014-10-28, 09:52)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]@ jurial - > Eminence successfully updated thanks.

However I'm getting this error lately and unable to access the Input > Perhiperals Menu on my RPi
This contains the CEC adapter settings....

The file referenced is not in the 1080i subfolder....
This file is present in the 720p folder in Confluence, the trouble is I have to keep switching skins then rebooting to access the CEC settings.

Is this on the TO DO list ?
Yep, peripherals menu is not coded as I don't have any devices like a CEC to test it. It is on the todo list, but taking a back seat to other priorities at the moment

(2014-10-28, 15:00)endlesslyonline Wrote: [ -> ]Need some customization help.

I took the TV hubs xml, and edited it, to make a second tv hub for kids shows. Custom ID, quicknav, etc. It works great, now i want to make another custom menu, based n the settings page. The one with the two rows of blocks.

So i copied the settings.xml, and gave it a custom ID, but after creating a custom button for it, it does not open, can we not do this with settings? or am i missing something somewhere?
3 things I can think of:
1. The file needs the Custom_ prefix e.g. Custom_Settings.xml
2. you might need to define the window type in the line <window type="window" id="9004">
3. Use a custom id in the 3000-4000 range and make sure it isn't duplicate.

Can't really think of any other reason why it wouldn't work.

(2014-10-28, 15:31)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]BUG REPORT:

When playing a recorded Live TV show and the info panel is called up - the scaling of the Channel logo is a mess.
However logos scale properly when the same is done for Live Broadcast TV and everywhere else.

I've changed aspect ratio to >keep< and that fixes the issue.
Will look into it. Problem is that control isn't always a tv logo, it can also be a thumbnail for a show without a poster etc.

(2014-10-28, 22:25)Jorgen57 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jurialmunkey,

I discovered a strange thing with the translations and did some investigations.
You have used label 20434="Sets" for Movie sets but it seems that this label is used to "Sets" "Something" (according to the translated value) and not for Movie sets.
It exist in standard a label for "Movie set" = 20457 which is the most appropriate label to use instead, this also means that label 31207 = "Movie set" (which is the same as label 20457) does not have to exist in this skin translations or it could be changed to "Movie sets" (since that does not seem to exist).

Depending on how you want to proceed it means to change a number of labels in different xml files, for example Includes_Hub.xml and Includes_Labels.xml.

Regards

Jorgen57
Good catch. Will fix.

(2014-10-29, 14:08)Prizm4 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting what seems to be a bug after watching a TV episode. After the episode is finished and it returns to the file list, the name of the file is missing the season/episode number. Because of that, the episode then ends up at the bottom of the list due to sorting by name/file. This happens in the Wall view:

In the image, the episode just watched is 2x23, but now it's at the bottom of the list after 7x40.
Once or twice the screen has automatically refreshed after a number of seconds and corrected the name, but that doesn't always happen. I'm using Eminence 1.0.5.

Another suggestion is the Cancelled/Ended wording at the bottom of the screen. Seeing the word CANCELLED automatically suggests the show was rubbish and gives it an unnecessary negative vibe. Maybe if this was just "Ended" or "Show ended" or something.
Strange, though I doubt this is a skin issue as skins don't handle the sorting of lists. Looks like an xbmc/kodi bug...
I don't like the cancelled/ended wording either, but this is what is supplied by the NextAired script so no much I can do about it - might be worth mentioning in the NextAired thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=79493

(2014-10-30, 21:58)dkplayaclub Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I really like about this skin is that episode thumbs will default to fanart for a TV show if there is not thumb available. Can this be carried over to work in other areas than the library? Search results is one I noticed recently, but there may be others. Thanks again for all your hard work.
Will look into it, was it global search? I think everywhere else should be fine as I try to use the same variables to define images where possible.

(2014-11-01, 23:28)NahsiN Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, loving the skin! I have one small suggestion. Setting the subtitle offset on the fly is not as convenient as Confluence. In Confluence, one only has the offset bar at top middle to adjust. In Eminence, one has to press Esc several times to get back to a screen with the offset bar and the play controls at the bottom. There is no way I have found to have only the offset bar and the video. Has anyone else found this a little inconvenient or just me?
I will look into it.
I have removed search from main menu and have taken to using search from within the hubs. Noticed the issue there and I'm sure I've seen it somewhere else, but until I see it again I can't say for sure.
(2014-11-02, 02:54)dkplayaclub Wrote: [ -> ]I have removed search from main menu and have taken to using search from within the hubs. Noticed the issue there and I'm sure I've seen it somewhere else, but until I see it again I can't say for sure.
Yeah that uses the global search addon also. Let me know if you see it elsewhere.
Isn't it possible to select a "white" theme. Like the arctic?
So, i installed the addon today, and i must say: Congratulations!
Seriously, it is at the same time gorgeous, light and modern, with all the features i needed...

i used Aeon MQ5, but this one you made is far more intuitive and elegant...

Found a bug too with the subtitle addon: When you choose a file that has multiples subtitles, the screen for you to choose which on you want appears behind the search subtitle screen... is that a known bug? do the skin have some sort of bug tracker? here has an image of the problem: http://s27.postimg.org/nbkwrmppf/Capturar.jpg

Another thing, is there a way to disable the overlay that appears behind the keyboard? it's very difficult to see with it... an image for example: http://s10.postimg.org/56ac7m5fd/Capturar2.jpg

Thanks
(2014-11-02, 00:08)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-28, 15:31)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]BUG REPORT:

When playing a recorded Live TV show and the info panel is called up - the scaling of the Channel logo is a mess.
However logos scale properly when the same is done for Live Broadcast TV and everywhere else.

I've changed aspect ratio to >keep< and that fixes the issue.
Will look into it. Problem is that control isn't always a tv logo, it can also be a thumbnail for a show without a poster etc.
Understood, however most users on low powered devices switch off - File lists > Extract thumbnails and video information.
A nice logo is far more important than a messy extracted thumbnail!
Couple of questions

1) What do I need to change in the XML file to make the width of the wall view wider. i don't like the amount of padding and would prefer another item or two to be displayed on each row instead

2) when show info is on what do I need to edit in the xml files to make yen text a little smaller. It's a little too big imho