Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Oh, sorry, forgot to mention I'm using Kodi on MacOSX. Yes, I have tried the Kodi screen reader for WINDOWS, and it didn't give me the same issue. The issue is only present on the Kodi screen reader for Mac. Ok, how do I get a log file going?
(2016-04-26, 01:02)Smokie Song Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, sorry, forgot to mention I'm using Kodi on MacOSX. Yes, I have tried the Kodi screen reader for WINDOWS, and it didn't give me the same issue. The issue is only present on the Kodi screen reader for Mac. Ok, how do I get a log file going?

OSX is the only system I am not running. Last I had heard from folks who were running OSX, It was working and that was after Ruuk had made the last changes, So I still suspect that something me be going on. Could be addon that is conflicting or could be OSX update or any number of other things. Not much can be done or suggested until we can see a log, though.

I haven't actually done this myself get log up, But give it a shot:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
Ok, I was able to manually locate the log files because I didn't get an email with the URL to the files. How can I get the log files to you?
Create a new pastebin at Pastebin.com, then copy and paste the pastebin Link to the forum.
Hello Ruuk, I was wondering if you could help out with something. With the HDHomerun viewer add on (not the DVR), The speech tends to ramble on reading the working directory. Would it be possible to fix this?
(2016-05-13, 05:30)Traker1001 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Ruuk, I was wondering if you could help out with something. With the HDHomerun viewer add on (not the DVR), The speech tends to ramble on reading the working directory. Would it be possible to fix this?
What do you mean by working directory?

Sent from my SM-N910P
(2016-05-15, 01:57)Traker1001 Wrote: [ -> ]Here you go Ruuk,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4qhihrurkcnwh...9.mp3?dl=0

This happens anytime I start up HDhomerun viewer or when I change channels in it.

I think what it is doing is reading the window name, but in this case it is reading the whole file path of the window. I don't get it on my dev machine - it's probably a difference between windows and Linux.

Anyway, I'll give it a look Smile
Added a new version to the Kodi official repo: 1.0.6.

Changes:
  • Fix bug on Windows where addon window names were being spoken as the path to the window file
  • Now puts the addon in first run state if a user installed version is removed when the addon is pre-installed
  • Now updates the keymap if the pre-installed version is removed
Traker1001: The new version should fix the issue. This was likely an issue for all addons when running on windows.
Hey Ruuk, That's awesome. Thank you for fixing that.
Hello,

Let me first thank the creator(s) of the KODI screen reader App. It's great to know that visually impaired individuals like myself won't miss out on using such an excellent cord cutting program due to an unfortunate physical limitation.

I'm hoping someone here can instruct me on how to setup the KODI Python speech server on my Windows 10 PC to work with my AppleTV 5th gen? I do understand the KODI screen reader won't work directly on Android or iOS devices, but the speech server will work.

If not, maybe give a link to a page giving detailed instructions on how to do this?

Yes, I already have a Windows 10 Private Home Network setup so my PC, laptop and AppleTV can see one another (Share music files.) Thanks.
Hello Saybro, You are correct this is the only way for speech to work on android and possibly Apple TV. However currently there are no detailed write ups on how to install and use the speech server as this has not been something that has really been developed. There may be sometime in the future as this is something I am intending to write up as time permits. Even if there were, I am not sure the KodiTTS would work with the latest AppleTV. As I was under the impression that Python based add-ons don't function with Kodi on the 5th gen AppleTV. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong.
Kind of figured the 5th gen of the AppleTV would be difficult to incorporate this function into. Well I do own a Zidoo X6 Pro Android TV Box (Running Android 5.1 Lollipop currently) so if there was a way of getting this TTS server working with it... I'll be quite HAPPY!

Only caveat is that to get the most from the Rockchip RK3368 processor powering this box, I must use their ZDMC clone of KODI. Yes, all KODI add-ons can be enabled in ZDMC, but of course the screen reader won't work due to it being an Android box.

Look forward to a tutorial on how to get this Speech server work-around running. Thanks for your input.
hi all, i'm trey from the uk i'm totally blind i'm running the latest version of mac OSX.

i'm having real trouble installing the kodi screen reeder, first i followed the instructions posted here:

http://www.applevis.com/apps/mac/enterta...ment-57370

at first i couldn't only find any repo files i only found this file "service.xbmc.tts-1.0.6.zip" (I have the latest version of kodi)

i copied that file to the adins folder when i opened kodi it bleeped then VO said really slowly "music five items" but when i navigated the window i could only see close minimise and zoom buttons.

Then I found this file "ruuk.addon.repository-1.0.0.zip"

I copied both files to the kodi add ins directory and got the same result i disscribed above.

does any one know what's going on?

your help with this problem would be most welcome kind regards trey.
just a quick note to say i extracted both of the files i mentioned before copying.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43