Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Infowars.com Video Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
It seemed to work on v16. Now I'm on v17 Krypton beta6, and it gives me an error.
Updated this tonight. v2.0.3 should show up soon - fixed nightly news and historic shows
A few suggestions...

1. Rename "Infowars Clips" to "Daily News Clips" (more accurate description)

2. Fix 1-page limit on clips

(Example: Install "YouTube Channels" add-on, then add "The Alex Jones Channel". See how it displays multiple pages, longer history)

3. Change "Historic Shows" to "Daily radio shows" (more accurate description)

4. Add "Daily radio shows (alternate)"
source from "Ron Gibson" YouTube channel
Why: this channel has daily video of AJ show in one file (not 4 files)

5. Add space between words before parenthesis: Video(Loops), Audio(Loops) etc.
(2017-01-02, 21:21)kb87 Wrote: [ -> ]A few suggestions...

1. Rename "Infowars Clips" to "Daily News Clips" (more accurate description)

2. Fix 1-page limit on clips

(Example: Install "YouTube Channels" add-on, then add "The Alex Jones Channel". See how it displays multiple pages, longer history)

3. Change "Historic Shows" to "Daily radio shows" (more accurate description)

4. Add "Daily radio shows (alternate)"
source from "Ron Gibson" YouTube channel
Why: this channel has daily video of AJ show in one file (not 4 files)

5. Add space between words before parenthesis: Video(Loops), Audio(Loops) etc.

1. Debatable
2. Will look into it, but can't see people going back further than what is already shown for clips
3. Debatable
4. It's already pulling from Ron Gibson's Youtube channel
5. Agreed - will change in next build (I have sort of taken this over after it was abandoned by the author so really have just focused on making it work at all)
re:

1 & 3. My logic here is basically this: if people are not listeners, and they see the add-on in the RSS feed, and they install it out of curiosity, it may not be immediately obvious that these are daily radio shows. So its just to be more friendly to the newbie.

2. I have seen Infowars dump <more> than one page worth of clips onto YouTube in a single day. Without a longer history you will definitely miss something unless you check frequently. People dont always have time to check this every day, but they do like to catch up.

4. When I look at this in the YouTube Channels add-on, more files are showing there for some reason. Can you confirm this?

5. Thanks, I appreciate your contributions!
Thanks for the recent update, the improvements are recognized. Now a few other things:

1. In video clip titles & descriptions...

- quote marks appear as "&quot;"
- "&" appears as "&amp;"

2. In clips-widelist view, some empty space above the thumbnail is wasted, so the description does not fit on screen.

3. Audio is muted during playback for about 1 second after resuming from pause.

While these appear to be Kodi issues rather than application bugs, some of these could be platform-specific, so I wondered if anyone else can confirm those issues (or might know how they are being addressed.)
As of last night they Infowars spinal cracker patch hasn't been working for the live or looped airing of infowars.com
I'll check it out tonight and fix it up. Thank you for letting me know. I watched it at lunch yesterday and was fine, so must have just gone down. I'll post once I have a fix.
I've seen this before where the video portion suddenly fails for a period of time (seems random) and then returns....As of 12:05 PM EDT 04.13.2017 feed was back up and running...an hour previous it was not...
Yeah just looked quick and its working fine now. It streams right from Infowars so they may have just been doing site maintenance. Seems to be fine now though Smile
Thanks for the good work Spinalcrack
Any chance you could add the other live feeds like Real News with David Knight
(2017-09-04, 15:35)Ferruiz Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the good work Spinalcrack
Any chance you could add the other live feeds like Real News with David Knight

Yes definitely want to. Just have been super busy lately. I'll try and have it done over the next couple weeks
Thanks for your support on InfoWars Spinalcrack , I watch it daily through KODI.
Ok update is on its way soon.

Youtube Feed's added
Infowar site streams added
New Shows Added
Cleaned up Menu
Fixed Past Audio Only podcasts
Removed Nightly News (Show is discontinued)

I'll push an update soonTM
Update is now on the main repo - enjoy!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8