Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with little tweaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, Finally getting my Media Center near perfect for mine/my wifes needs thanks to those that have already provided advice for me. Its now running pretty smoothly apart from occasional crashes when playing live TV which I don't know why its happening but will see how that goes.

Reason for my post today was I was wondering if someone could advice on the last few tweaks for me.

1: We want it so that when you click Live TV from the home screen it opens up the EPG Timeline to show. I have gone in and edited IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml and changed:

<control type="button" id="90142">
<include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
<label>19023</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 32,0, 11,0)</onclick>
</control>

to:
<control type="button" id="90142">
<include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
<label>19023</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</onclick>
</control>

As I read elsewhere on the forum but it doesn't seem to work after a reboot. I did re-arrange the buttons on the side menu so that EPG is at the top but we would really like the guide showing every time we click LiveTV.

2: In the EPG: Timeline it gives 3 hours of TV shows we would like to reduce this to two possibly even 1 (like Sky's EPG) making things a bit bigger possibly even 6 channels at a time instead of the 9 will help my wife to see the guide much better and not moan about this.

I am using the default confluence skin and I have searched around the net but I can't see how to do this. Please could someone advise?

3: One other thing which I don't know if its actually easily achieveable but again in the EPG timeline we were wondering whether its possible to get the current shows to highlight in say a yellow instead of the line showing whats currently playing...or both?

If anyone is able to advise on any of thoes items I would so greatly appreciate it. I need to convince the wife the media center is the way forward but can only do so if its all working how she wants Smile