Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ace for Kodi 14 Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I'm having a issue in a few addons setting pages to where all the settings are not displayed one after another. I have to hit down and it jumps down a few pages and shows blank space. Anybody else have this prob with trakt, artwork downloader or any other addon?
As far as I know this was also a problem in Gotham. Only in Frodo it was ok with Ace skin. Hope that author of Ace skin will bring a reworked version soon :-)
Noob question - I am trying out the Ace skin in Gotham and I have two issues with it which are not any bugs - one is I am missing showing somewhere add-on selection like you can underneath the main stripe in the default skin Confluence where you can choose up to five fav add-ons to show for direct access (the others you got to choose from your add-on collection). I've seen in settings you can choose five addons that then show in the vertical menu but that leaves lot to be desired, plus its only five in total?

Second and for me more serious issue - I start music add-on and click to play a stream and I have no way to pause, stop or whatever access to the usual controls unless I go all the way back up to home menu and there click right arrow, than down arrow and finally clicking right or left arrow to pause or stop buttons I can finally control what's playing. I suppose you guys are using remotes which have those controls on hardware buttons but my remote doesn't have it and the little keyboard I use with my Android box has only play/pause button and I can't stop music. I mean what a disaster for this otherwise very nice skin - its fast (I use it in Gotham) and spiffy looking design but the play controls put it in coffin for me unless I miss something.

Why is there no menu like in movie playing when you press OK button (mind you I see that as a poor choice to almost make other buttons than the one selected pretty well invisible)? When playing radio, I found I can select twice left arrow, then again left to menu where I can select Main which gets me to the top menus and there I can click right arrow and then down... are you serious or am I missing somethin? I admit I am not old hand but still.

As an afterthought, the play controls are at the bottom of it failing of Kodi as such. Still at least in default skin you get at least some access to them if you switch to full screen (or use mouse to reach the bottom icon that pops up little window with controls), not ideal but at least that. Could it be made so that clicking radio or other audio link you get full screen view with controls? Why does Kodi stay on audio link selection? I just don't get it. Perhaps the dumb idea is, the video you gotta see but audio you don't have to see LOL...
Sorry can't help you with the music I've noticed that also but with the addons on your menu.
Go to customise main menu in your skin settings,
Then scroll down to the menu you want the addon to appear then press left and a new menu appears choose whether it's a addon or favourite and click it it will then add a new entry lower down go there and click on it then on the right select which addon you want .
Everything I need works fine except that the 'e' keypress sends enter instead of the alphabet! It's driving me nuts. Can anyone suggest a fix?
Use keymap editor addon to reconfigure it
Can you please be a bit more specific? I am familiar with editing keyboard.xml manually, I have not tried the editor addon. There is no entry corresponding to the alphabet 'e' in the global section. Is there a line i can add to force it to send every time?
(2015-03-30, 19:31)extremeaudio Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please be a bit more specific? I am familiar with editing keyboard.xml manually, I have not tried the editor addon. There is no entry corresponding to the alphabet 'e' in the global section. Is there a line i can add to force it to send every time?
Sorry I'm no good at manually adding the info.
On the keymap editor try looking for the enter action and change that to the real enter key.
I'm not sure what section the alphabet is under I will try and have a look on the editor when I get home if you have no luck.
Have you looked at your keyboard settings inside Kodi ?
Yes I looked into my keyboard xml and it doesn't really mention straightforward keypresses, only those that are mapped to functions.
Does anyone use this skin on Raspberry Pi 2 with Openelec? Is it smooth like in this video?
Hi muCkk,
I just uninstall my Kodi and install it again. I found Ace then I found your work, great job.
Thank you very much for share with us your work.
I will start to use it with only a few things, since i get something I will write here.
Thank again
Any news on getting this into the repo?
OK, I finally got this installed using the zip method - it simply hadn't been working before, but seems to be with 14.2.

However, I had the same problem as Rainer here:

(2015-01-23, 10:42)white-duck Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

i have a problem to install the Skin. I became always this Answer: "skin can not load some files are missing"

Sorry for my bad english.

Greetings Rainer

To fix this problem, edit "addon.xml" and change the addon ID, as described in this post for the Aeon MQ5 skin: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1862013
Well on a first look, this version of the skin seems to work pretty well also on Isengard 15.0.

Do you guys agree?
I upgraded from Helix to Isengard and have not noticed any issues with MuCkks Helix version
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9