Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PBS ThinkTV.org Video Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Learningit,
I had to apply the following source modification to get videos from "Episode Search" results to work. Not quite sure if it might break any other functionality of the addon.

python:
diff --git a/plugin.video.thinktv/resources/lib/scraper.py b/plugin.video.thinktv/resources/lib/scraper.py
index 735f691..016de85 100644
--- a/plugin.video.thinktv/resources/lib/scraper.py
+++ b/plugin.video.thinktv/resources/lib/scraper.py
@@ -291,6 +291,8 @@ class myAddon(t1mAddon):
def getAddonVideo(self,url):
xheaders = self.defaultHeaders.copy()
xheaders['X-Requested-With'] = 'XMLHttpRequest'
+ if url[0:6] == "/video":
+ url=url[6:len(url)]
html = self.getRequest('http://www.pbs.org/video/%s/' % (url), None, xheaders)
url = re.compile("id: '(.+?)'", re.DOTALL).search(html).group(1)
addonLanguage = self.addon.getLocalizedString

Cheers
Thank you for the Ubuntu inputstream fix.
Solved the problem (PBS Think) I came here to fix.
Thank you, Edsic for the Ubuntu inputstream fix.
Solved the problem (PBS Think) I came here to fix.
I noticed today that the PBS Favourites seems to have disappeared from the main page. I see the capability to add a program to the PBS favourites in the context menu and the 'Favourite Shows' are still available on the PBS web site. I am using the 'user login' feature of the add-on. Is this a bug, something I may be doing wrong, or has the capability been removed from the add-on?

thanks!
(2017-12-07, 22:16)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]One last time so that users understand how to fix the problem when they look at the support thread for PBS Think TV.

I would say that if you're having problems installing the new version of the PBS ThinkTV add-on (V3.0.11) and you receive an error regarding a inputstream.adaptive dependency, do the following:

You need to go to Add-ons/My add-ons/VideoPlayer InputStream and make sure that InputStream Adaptive is enabled (should have a check mark, not an "x" to the left).
Then install the PBS ThinkTV add-on. 

This fixes the issue without any drama.
  ________________________________________________________________________________________
  I have Kodi running on two machines:  One is .Deb-based (Linux Mint) and the other is .RPM-based (PClinuxOS).  Engaging InputStream Adaptive on the Mint set-up is simple and straight forward, but not so on the PClinuxOS set-up as no VideoPlayer InputStream option is listed under "My add-ons."  (Additionally, I cannot find a inputstream.adaptive 2.0.0 or a kodi-inputstream-adaptive of any version or type listed in the OS's repository.)  Given these circumstances, any suggestions on how can one get the PBS Think TV addon upgraded and operating at full potential on the PClinuxOS machine?  --Happy Holidays--
Many thanks for being the best Kodi add-on developer and the pbs update 3.0.11 fix as post #281 illuminates (this activation is needed for the install) PBS Newshour is excellent on all my Android and Win set-ups.
I've read the whole thread about updating to 3.0.11, and I have manually enabled inputstream adaptive.  Nevertheless, my inputstream adaptive is stuck at v1.0.8 (by peak3d, in the OpenElec Add-Ons repository).  I can't find anything newer than that, and my installation of 3.0.11 fails. 

Is it possible that inputstream adaptive v2.0.0 is not available for the Rapsberry Pi running OpenElec 8.0.4 (latest)?
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that, I focus on add-ons, not platforms. Hopefully someone else knows the answer and can help you.
Upgrade to LibreELEC and be happy
I have added pbs thinktv and at first I had an error about the dependency on inputsyream.adaptive version 2.0.0 could not be satisfied. I read around and found I had to make sure it was active now it is but when I go to play it says check the log but idk where to find that log the only one showing is the last time I tried the above and it wouldn’t install. I’m new to this and I am using a fire tv. Tyia feelings frustrated from nj
I have added pbs thinktv and at first I had an error about the dependency on inputsyream.adaptive version 2.0.0 could not be satisfied. I read around and found I had to make sure it was active now it is but when I go to play it says check the log but idk where to find that log the only one showing is the last time I tried the above and it wouldn’t install. I’m new to this and I am using a firestick a
wow, what an addon !!
How I missed it ?
I just installed it now and dived in.
Thanks to all who made and maintain it. Nod

** P.S, does this addon has limits on kodi16.1? on my system with 17.6 all I tested seams to work fine.
I installed it on my dad system were only 16.1 is possible and all videos asks for password or "expired"

Thank you.
(2018-02-08, 11:49)asik1 Wrote: [ -> ]** P.S, does this addon has limits on kodi16.1? on my system with 17.6 all I tested seams to work fine.
I installed it on my dad system were only 16.1 is possible and all videos asks for password or "expired"

Thank you.
 Not sure how you installed the latest version on a Kodi 16 system.
The current version has a dependency on inputstream.adaptive which is only supported on Kodi 17 (Krypton) or above.
(2018-02-08, 08:05)Cindyhall93 Wrote: [ -> ]I have added pbs thinktv and at first I had an error about the dependency on inputsyream.adaptive version 2.0.0 could not be satisfied. I read around and found I had to make sure it was active now it is but when I go to play it says check the log but idk where to find that log the only one showing is the last time I tried the above and it wouldn’t install. I’m new to this and I am using a firestick a
https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file
(2018-02-11, 03:40)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-08, 11:49)asik1 Wrote: [ -> ]** P.S, does this addon has limits on kodi16.1? on my system with 17.6 all I tested seams to work fine.

Thank you.
 Not sure how you installed the latest version on a Kodi 16 system.
The current version has a dependency on inputstream.adaptive which is only supported on Kodi 17 (Krypton) or above.  
 Well... I just installed it and I can browse to any programs down to episodes but non will play.
So no 16.1? that's a pity. I'll uninstall it than.
** I was able to update 2 devices to 17.6 and now it works.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27