• 20(current)
PBS ThinkTV.org Video Addon
I would say that if you're having problems installing the new version of the PBS ThinkTV add-on (V3.0.11) and you receive an error regarding a inputstream.adaptive dependency, do the following:

You need to go to Add-ons/My add-ons/VideoPlayer InputStream and make sure that InputStream Adaptive is enabled (should have a check mark, not an "x" to the left).
Then install the PBS ThinkTV add-on. 

This fixes the issue without any drama.
(2017-12-07, 21:50)learningit Wrote: I would say that if you're having problems installing the new version of the PBS ThinkTV add-on (V3.0.11) and you receive an error regarding a inputstream.adaptive dependency, do the following:

You need to go to Add-ons/My add-ons/VideoPlayer InputStream and make sure that InputStream Adaptive is enabled (should have a check mark, not an "x" to the left).

So, yes, this fixes the immediate problem.  It doesn't mean there isn't a bug lurking somewhere that results in addons that introduce new dependencies, introducing them disabled when they are actually needed to be enabled though.

In any case, I have added the report here of this problem to the ticket.  I only brought it up because I thought roc4fun might want to add his experience to the ticket himself or subscribe himself to the ticket.
One last time so that users understand how to fix the problem when they look at the support thread for PBS Think TV.

I would say that if you're having problems installing the new version of the PBS ThinkTV add-on (V3.0.11) and you receive an error regarding a inputstream.adaptive dependency, do the following:

Greetings from Ireland. 
Installed 3.0.11 OK, but some strange things happening. For example Nova Episodes folder is empty, yet most other folders seem fine. Watchlist will not not open at all.
Regards
Jim
(2017-12-10, 17:36)jayceejazz Wrote: Greetings from Ireland. 
Installed 3.0.11 OK, but some strange things happening. For example Nova Episodes folder is empty, yet most other folders seem fine. Watchlist will not not open at all.
Regards
Jim
Looking at the website, there are currently no episodes of Nova there. The watch list currently has issues.
(2017-12-11, 01:29)learningit Wrote:
Regards
Jim
Looking at the website, there are currently no episodes of Nova there. The watch list currently has issues. 
Hmmm if I navigate to the ThinkTV website from my desktop I see 137 full episodes available for online viewing.  Maybe there is some kind of regional filter.
The add-on currently only displays the current season.
I usually wait a while after a major change on this website before going back and cleaning up missing episodes, etc. A few times so far the website ends up going back to the old format, thus wasting ant time spent coding for the new changes.
Regards
Jim
Just checked out Nova on the website; they have added a season box in the Episodes section, which is set to Season 45 by default. Season 45 has just got a short promo in there at the moment, which is all that appears in your episodes folder in the addon. However, if you scroll to Seasons 44, 43... etc all available full episodes can be accessed. It would be good if you could work around that so that they all appear in the addon.
Regards
Jim
(2017-12-11, 22:34)jayceejazz Wrote:
Regards
Jim
Just checked out Nova on the website; they have added a season box in the Episodes section, which is set to Season 45 by default. Season 45 has just got a short promo in there at the moment, which is all that appears in your episodes folder in the addon. However, if you scroll to Seasons 44, 43... etc all available full episodes can be accessed. It would be good if you could work around that so that they all appear in the addon.
Regards
Jim 
I see your reply above now. We both discovered that simultaneously it would appear
If you look at the additional episodes, depending on what your home station is, most are restricted to passport members. Adding the additional seasons is going to be very confusing for non passport members because they will see the episodes but not be able to play them.
learningit -- the add-on now works for me (thanks!). However, I can access much more content when signed in with my Passport members account on videos.whyy.org; e.g., there are [137] episodes of NOVA for view on the site -- all that shows up in the add-on is a trailer for NOVA Black Hole Apocalypse.
Umm. Read the posts before yours.
I am having problems with the input stream adaptive addon. Basically I have a linux Mint 17.3 laptop with Kodi 17.6 but the stream adaptive addon does not show up in the My addons list. How do I get this installed?
I have an android box that has Kodi 17.6 and it was there and works fine. Strange situation?
Thanks
Jon
On Ubuntu I installed this package:
kodi-inputstream-adaptive
edsic,

That worked, thanks.

Jon
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PBS ThinkTV.org Video Addon6