Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: passing width of auto-width label to other controls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

This is my first Kodi forum post, so please go easy on me! Smile

I'm working on a small skin mod as part of a digital photo frame project. Right now I'm trying to create a control group with an image and a label control. The label control will display the Slideshow.Filename InfoLabel, and auto-width as needed. The image control is a background for the label, and so I want this to auto-width too as the label width changes.

My question is whether it's possible to pass the width of an auto-width label control, to the width of another control?

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers,
Matt
Unfortunately not, an auto-width button would do the trick but we're still waiting for someone to come along and add more auto-width controls.
Thanks Hitcher,

I see how an auto-width button would have worked for me.

Further down the line I intend to try and make the Filename label fade in and out a few seconds after each slide transition. That might not be possible either, but if it is I suppose there might be an opportunity then to get the label width/set the image width through scripting. The image control would change width whilst hidden, so that could end up looking okay. All pie-in-the-sky right now though, as I'm still very much learning what's possible.

Thanks again,
Matt