Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can anyone help me how to access kodi folder installed on Nvidia Shield so i can copy some of my advancesettings.xml to the userdata folder.
(2015-06-19, 20:54)essential Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-18, 02:44)cbonnar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have the Nvidia Shield TV and note that when I calibrate the screen the settings are lost when you exit Kodi.

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

Thanks
Colin

(2015-06-19, 03:07)grillovillegas Wrote: [ -> ]Same thing happened here , latest kodi available at play store and losing the video calibration on exit
To fix the it, I had to set my TV picture size from "16:9" to "Fit to Screen" then re-did the Kodi calibration and everything was fine from there.

Which is totally the proper way
(2015-06-20, 00:50)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Which is totally the proper way

Until the Shield gives us HDMI overscan settings I don't see another way? I couldn't deal with my menus and subtitles being half off screen ... till the Shield adds the setting, this is good enough for now.
(2015-06-20, 01:55)essential Wrote: [ -> ]

Until the Shield gives us HDMI overscan settings I don't see another way? I couldn't deal with my menus and subtitles being half off screen ... till the Shield adds the setting, this is good enough for now.

There's no need for Nvidia to add it to the Shield, other than for TV's that can't compensate for overscan. The way you're doing it now is the way overscan should be handled...........on the TV.

(2015-06-20, 00:41)tml2k2 Wrote: [ -> ]can anyone help me how to access kodi folder installed on Nvidia Shield so i can copy some of my advancesettings.xml to the userdata folder.

Install ES File Explorer.
I noticed, I installed the Kodi on the sdcard, and when I go to apps in settings it is showed to be on the sdcard, but the .kodi folder with the userdata information is stored on the internal memory. With only 16gb of space, Kodi may take a lot of that space, what is the solution to moving the data files also to the sdcard? Thank you.
(2015-06-20, 05:36)amcfarla Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed, I installed the Kodi on the sdcard, and when I go to apps in settings it is showed to be on the sdcard, but the .kodi folder with the userdata information is stored on the internal memory. With only 16gb of space, Kodi may take a lot of that space, what is the solution to moving the data files also to the sdcard? Thank you.

HOW-TO:Change data location for Android (wiki)

However, it might be easier to just use path subs (wiki) on a specific folder, like thumbnails. Another page that can help is: HOW-TO:Reduce disk space usage (wiki)
(2015-06-20, 06:24)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-20, 05:36)amcfarla Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed, I installed the Kodi on the sdcard, and when I go to apps in settings it is showed to be on the sdcard, but the .kodi folder with the userdata information is stored on the internal memory. With only 16gb of space, Kodi may take a lot of that space, what is the solution to moving the data files also to the sdcard? Thank you.

HOW-TO:Change data location for Android (wiki)

However, it might be easier to just use path subs (wiki) on a specific folder, like thumbnails. Another page that can help is: HOW-TO:Reduce disk space usage (wiki)

I saw that article but was a little confused on where the location of that file goes, does it just go in the root of the sdcard directory?
I think so. IIRC, the internal memory of most(?) Android devices is called "sdcard" even if it's not actually an sdcard. So the location mentioned on that page is likely talking about the root of the internal memory.
(2015-06-20, 06:45)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I think so. IIRC, the internal memory of most(?) Android devices is called "sdcard" even if it's not actually an sdcard. So the location mentioned on that page is likely talking about the root of the internal memory.

Ok, I will give it a shot, thanks for the assistance.
(2015-06-20, 06:46)amcfarla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-20, 06:45)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I think so. IIRC, the internal memory of most(?) Android devices is called "sdcard" even if it's not actually an sdcard. So the location mentioned on that page is likely talking about the root of the internal memory.

Ok, I will give it a shot, thanks for the assistance.

That fixed the issue. I created that 'xbmc_env.properties' file using notepad, and put the following contents in that file:

Code:
xbmc.data=/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files

and then using Kodi copied that file into the 'sdcard' directory with the file manager. I then closed Kodi and reopened it, and it was like a new version of Kodi, first time I opened it.

Thanks again for the Help , Ned
(2015-06-20, 01:55)essential Wrote: [ -> ]

For best picture quality: leave this setting!
There is no need that the Shield shrinks the content just to let the tv blow it up again...
Does anyone here stream their media over a smb nas in their network?
I would like to know if you guys use a advancedsettings.xml to avoid buffering and if so what settings you guys use.

Would be awesome to get some feedback on this.
i don t use any settings. just default
hmmm i seem to have some real issues with the smb share at the moment. Because when i dont use a advancedsettings.xml i cant even stream a movie like more than 2 minutes over my gigabit lan before playback stops.
I have been going crazy since yesterday. I cant get movies to run more than 10 to 15 minutes anymore because playback then stops. Even with advancedsettings for buffering. This is going on since a couple of days.

From DLNA with the nas there seems to be no issues. Do you have any idea what this could be about?
Sounds like you're having.drop outs, changing the buffer is not going to help that. By changing the buffer all you're going to do is change the amount of time before you experience the drop out.

Try enabling nfs on the My Cloud NAS, then add the share as nfs to your library.