• 12(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2015-06-17, 23:05)TitoXx Wrote:
(2015-06-16, 20:12)Koying Wrote: For PT, be sure the device volume is at 100%.

We noticed a bug in the latest FW upgrade if you had set the volume control on the shield to "Fixed". You'll get static.
Just disable "Fixed" and re-enable it to apparently fix the problem forever
Tried it, still get static.

well that worked for me. maybe leave it at variable, turn it to 100% and retry.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi,

I have the Nvidia Shield TV and note that when I calibrate the screen the settings are lost when you exit Kodi.

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

Thanks
Colin
(2015-06-12, 20:18)Koying Wrote: Actually, I already started working on that (https://github.com/koying/SPMC/commit/c3...df1f595b68) for the exact issue of remotes with too few buttons.
Not a biggie, really. Time to polish it, I guess Wink

Fantastic! I'd be happy to test in a Kodi build.
(2015-06-18, 17:37)reluctantflux Wrote:
(2015-06-12, 20:18)Koying Wrote: Actually, I already started working on that (https://github.com/koying/SPMC/commit/c3...df1f595b68) for the exact issue of remotes with too few buttons.
Not a biggie, really. Time to polish it, I guess Wink

Fantastic! I'd be happy to test in a Kodi build.

Would these make the most sense for default long press actions? :

Back -> Kodi Home (already in Koying's commit)
OK -> Pause and bring up OSD during playback, Context Menu in GUI
Left/Right -> Rew/FF assuming short press is just skip 30 seconds
Up/Down -> Huh Next/Previous video assuming short press is next/previous chapter
Hi,

I've just started setting up Kodi on my Shield and wanted to set up a particular add-on but once I've added the relevant media source, I go to SYSTEM menu and select Add-ons, but all I get is a completely black screen (no menu). Pressing up/down on the controller makes the sound implying that there is a menu there and that I am moving through the options, but because I cannot see anything it's a bit difficult to continue.

Is this a known problem and/or does anyone have any advice to get around it? I don't think it is related to the particular media source as I have not selected that source in the add-ons list by this point.

Thanks.

[MODS: following the removal of my previous post on the subject I assume I am allowed to talk about the in-built "Add-ons" menu option that is part of Kodi itself, as long as I don't talk about the particular add-on that I am trying to use?]

EDIT: I have since found that this issue is not specific to the Add-ons menu but appears to happen on every 2nd level screen except for those involving a folder/source selection. Very odd!
(2015-06-18, 02:44)cbonnar Wrote: Hi,

I have the Nvidia Shield TV and note that when I calibrate the screen the settings are lost when you exit Kodi.

Thanks
Colin

Same thing happened here , latest kodi available at play store and losing the video calibration on exit
TvTunes not working for me on shield.

Im using an external HD plugged into the shields usb with all my movies and tv shows.

Tvtunes doesnt seem to download the mp3 directly into the portable hard drive, it says its downloading but when i plug my hd into my pc the mp3's are not in there, so in a nutshell tvtunes is not working for me.

Any ideas?
Hi team kodi,

i just installed the 1.2 shield update and upgraded to the new nightly build. Now i have noticed a servere problem. When i start playback of a movie after a couple of minutes of playback suddently it switches to the next movie.
So playback of the movie stops and then the next movie starts playing. Im playing from my smb nas.

I just deinstalled the nightly and went to beta 2 and the problem still occurs.

Now i am testing the shield build froum koying again wich i was using prior to the 1.2 shield update and am hoping that the problem is not there since i was not expiriencing it before.
Only thing new is i have the shield remote now.

Koying could you please invastigate.
So when i disable the playback of next file automaticly the movie just stops playback.
Even the old shield version from koying does not help.

Anybody notice the same thing?

The problem is new after the 1.2 update. I will now try to deactivate the shield remote and see if the problem goes away.
You need to post logs, but it is probably (hazardly wild guess) something to do with your network/server/hard drives. I'm not seeing any issues.
im still testing and hoping to find the problem myself. If i dont find the problem i will start posting logs soon.
So yeah, ive played with the advancedsettings.xml and tried changing buffering and so on... not a chance!!!
Cant get any mkv movie to play through more than 15 minutes anymore. I wonder whats worng...

Going to throw on the orbsmart s82 and see if things happen there.
So ... seems to be some problem with my smb nas share. Tried my orbsmart s82 box and its having the same issues in kodi.
Have no clue whats going on at the moment.
My tv seems to play the movies over the dlna server of the nas.... so i have no idea why my smb is all of a suddon having problems.
(2015-06-18, 02:44)cbonnar Wrote: Hi,

Thanks
Colin

(2015-06-19, 03:07)grillovillegas Wrote: Same thing happened here , latest kodi available at play store and losing the video calibration on exit

I don't think this is Kodi, it's the HDMI overscan on the Shield itself, and as of right now the Shield doesn't have a calibration setting. I think this only effects certain TVs, or else everyone would be posting the issue.

To fix the it, I had to set my TV picture size from "16:9" to "Fit to Screen" then re-did the Kodi calibration and everything was fine from there.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6