Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: My feedbacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys!

I write this thread to give you some tips that could improve this great software, in my opinion.
Tiny Media Manager is an excellent media manager, the best I had tested up to now and I'm very satisfied of it. I use it as an extension of Mediaportal to generate nfos on my local database.

Here we go!

- First, it could be great if user can fill a field to specify the video id in an online database (imdb, tvdb, tmdb, ...) in the search pop-up. It couyld save time in some case...

- Second, I never understand why mpaa ratings appear as a list that can't be modified? Countries have ratings so differents, and users may want to change/correct them. In my case, when I used the generated nfos, I collect some "FR_U", "FR_10", "NOT_RATED", etc... that I have to manually rewrite for all my movies! Leaving this field free could be more gainful to users like me who want to apply their own mpaa ratings.

- Third, I spotted some mystakes in french translation of movies genres. For example, "Thriller" is translated by "Polar" but these are two different genres... User can't manually correct it because there is some kind of autocheck system that apply the nearest translated match.

- Fourth, It would be a great idea to implement some kind of checkbox on each movie card to indicate if a video has encrusted subtitles.

- Fiveth, the main problem with tmm is there is no global modication functionnalities. I think the best way to relieve this is to implement an import/export of csv file system. I saw some people had already spotted it on this forum...

- Sixth and last, some scrapper miss for movies : I think about Media-Passion and TVDB. To scrap with TVDB, user has to use TV series interface. The problem is some one shot TV shows aren't referenced on imdb and don't need nfos with TV serie structure I think...

Ok, I think I have said everything it could be usefull to operate modifications.

Thanks for reading this.
Thanks for registering/posting feedback - much appreciated!

1) currently you could only set the imdb & tmdb. but this is already on our list, to better change all these IDs...
2) These certifications are worldwide unique, and there is no need to change? If you want to change that on your own, just select the corresponding from the dropdown (change the country language in settings) If a scraper supports these certifications, they're automatically added...
3) feel free to join us on Transifex to corect such things. Don't speak french ^^
4) we currently read the container format for subtitles, as well as file based ones, and display the infos. A checkbox to mark burn-in subtitles is a good supplement idea Smile
5) Kinda; we already have the bulk-editing feature, where you can mark some/all movies and do a rightlick, to change "a few" things for all. But yes, not for all metadata...
6) well, some TV shows are listed as short "movies" on imdb, so you should move them to movies. TVDB works only for shows in series style

hth
br
Myron
Hi Myron!

2) About certifications, I'm afraid that if I change country language in settings, i will take back english movie metadatas from scrapper...
3) Ok for Transifex, I'll take a look on it later.
6) That's not right for all TV shows : I spotted some in my collection that don't have imdb cards but have tvdb ones.

Thanks.
2) we have more than one language settings Wink one is specifying the certification country only, the other is scraper language.
6) you have to organize your movies/shows according the availability of scrapers. if it's on TVDB, put it in series... we (nor Kodi) can mix these types (yet)
br