Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Isengard compiling guide  iOS 8.3 - iPhone - iPad's - no Jailbreak needed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2015-06-14, 06:37)D-an-W Wrote: [ -> ]If you have followed the rest of the steps in the guide above then this should fix that problem...

Code:
- User Defined > XBMC_Depends =XBMC_DEPENDS_ROOT)/iphoneos8.3_armv7-target

I'm almost certain I had that, but I just went back, wiped the Kodi directory and started the entire process from scratch.

At least I'm consistent... I had the same error message about boost/operators.hpp file not found.
Ok, I finally got it to compile and have a Kodi icon on my phone, but it doesn't work.

In Xcode, I'm getting this now when I run it:

dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0
Referenced from: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/EA1A83F7-5F14-4E90-AD03-60B403CC83B8/Kodi.app/Kodi
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/EA1A83F7-5F14-4E90-AD03-60B403CC83B8/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0: mmap() error 1 at address=0x04600000, size=0x003BF000 segment=__TEXT in Segment::map() mapping /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/EA1A83F7-5F14-4E90-AD03-60B403CC83B8/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0
/private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/EA1A83F7-5F14-4E90-AD03-60B403CC83B8/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0: mmap() error 1 at address=0x04B66000, size=0x003BF000 segment=__TEXT in Segment::map() mapping /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/EA1A83F7-5F14-4E90-AD03-60B403CC83B8/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0
(lldb)
Thinking there may be something wrong with my environment, and since I had a spare 2009 mac mini sitting around not doing anything, I decided to start fresh. In retrospect, a VM would have probably been better.

Anyhow, I installed 10.10.3, the latest JDK (in previous testing, I believe I saw javac was called for something during the built process), installed Xcode beta 7, installed the corresponding CLI tools, used git to download the source (per the README.ios file).. I then tried to build the cross libs. Bootstrap worked fine, then I ran configure and got this error:

-e toolchain: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain
-e cpu: armv7
-e host: arm-apple-darwin
./configure: line 7064: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcodebuild: No such file or directory
/usr/include/crt_externs.h -> /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/iphoneos8.3_armv7-target/include/crt_externs.h
target/config.site -> /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/iphoneos8.3_armv7-target/share/config.site
target/Toolchain.cmake -> /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/iphoneos8.3_armv7-target/share/Toolchain.cmake
native/config.site.native -> /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/share/config.site

Xcode 7 comes with the IOS 9 SDK. Is this complaining because I don't have the IS 8.3 SDK installed, since I did not install Xcode 6.3 on this machine?

Or, have I jumped the gun, and is this actually ok? The last lines aren't error messages...

Edited to add:
I pressed on with the make and got these errors:

checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/Users/paultaylor/Kodi/tools/depends/target/pcre/iphoneos8.3_armv7-target':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details
make[2]: *** [iphoneos8.3_armv7-target] Error 77
make[1]: *** [pcre] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
rm -rf iphoneos8.3_armv7-target/*; mkdir -p iphoneos8.3_armv7-target
cd iphoneos8.3_armv7-target; /usr/bin/tar --strip-components=1 -xf /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/tarballs/expat-2.0.1.tar.gz
cd iphoneos8.3_armv7-target; cp -f /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/share/automake-1.11/config.sub /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/share/automake-1.11/config.guess ./conftools; ./configure --prefix=/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/iphoneos8.3_armv7-target --disable-shared
configure: loading site script /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/iphoneos8.3_armv7-target/share/config.site
checking build system type... x86_64-apple-darwin14.3.0
checking host system type... arm-apple-darwin
checking for gcc... /usr/bin/clang
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
make[2]: *** [iphoneos8.3_armv7-target] Error 77
make[1]: *** [expat] Error 2
make: *** [target/.installed-iphoneos8.3_armv7-target] Error 2
(2015-06-14, 20:53)Hanfrey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-14, 20:20)wax000 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, could you please post a link to a zip file with the full project, so we can try to compile it ourselves, I have tried to build it, but unfortunately I get too many error about missing libraries, have you tried running it in iOS9, please let us know, thanks very much mate !!!

I want this too please!
You need to understand the OSX / Linux commands by doing you own research if you are asking this type of question.
As an example:
Code:
git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git Kodi

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/...one.1.html

Dependencies and Libs gets compiled if you Follow the Readme.iOS.

Please use Google to educated yourselves about what each command in the Readme is actually doing.
Morning wrxtasy, could you please just let me know if you have successfully compiled Helix by switching the Trunk as per the guide? Nothing I do lets me build it.
Just testing now... I suggest if you have not done so already, go into Xcode7 and File > close > Kodi.xcodeproj
I should have made that more obvious.

Then:
Code:
cd $HOME/Kodi
git reset --hard
git clean -xdf
git checkout Helix

Then the steps in the Readme.iOS:
3.2 Install Cross libs and runtime environment....
Thanks for testing it (When I tried Xcode had still to be launched).
Helix compiling.....

PHP Code:
my_compiler.h mysql_version.h my_config.'/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/iphoneos8.3_armv7-target/include/mysql'
touch .installed-iphoneos8.3_armv7-target
make
: *** [target/.installed-iphoneos8.3_armv7-targetError 2 

Isengard does not have this issue.

I strongly suspect it may have something to do with new C++ code that is in the source of Kodi Isengard but not in Kodi Helix.

How to fix. I don't know if it can be. I'm unable to change the Helix code to be C++ compatible so it will compile with the 8.3 SDK.
Changing the guide to exclude Helix because of this.

Suggestion to get back to the Master branch and update the Isengard source code (its now up to Kodi Isengard rc1)

Code:
git checkout master
git pull origin
git --reset head

Then compile up to date Isengard versions as needed from the steps in the Readme.iOS:
3.2 Install Cross libs and runtime environment....
(2015-06-15, 03:10)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-14, 20:53)Hanfrey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-14, 20:20)wax000 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, could you please post a link to a zip file with the full project, so we can try to compile it ourselves, I have tried to build it, but unfortunately I get too many error about missing libraries, have you tried running it in iOS9, please let us know, thanks very much mate !!!

I want this too please!
You need to understand the OSX / Linux commands by doing you own research if you are asking this type of question.
As an example:
Code:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/...one.1.html

Dependencies and Libs gets compiled if you Follow the Readme.iOS.

Please use Google to educated yourselves about what each command in the Readme is actually doing.

I tried 2 days to find solutions how to get this working, but none of the "solutions" did acctually work. The only thing iam reading here is read the readme, thats not helping.
It started with the $HOME variable which cant be found because of the space in "Macintosh HD". And now its still telling me that he cant find the 8.3 architecture.

Since we have the same os and cpu architecture that zip file should work or iam wrong?
I do not know what zip file you keep referring to. I've never mention zip anywhere.

The 'Macintosh HD" has nothing to do with it, why - because mine is name "Macintosh HD" as well.
Something is definately wrong with your HOME directory.

Suggestion:
On the Keyboard press Command-Space
Search for "Directory Utility"
- Directory Editor
- Viewing > Users > Select your username from the list on the left
- Right Window > edit "NFSHomeDirectory" entry to /Users/yourusername (mine is /Users/WRXTASY)
- Save

I would strongly suggest as a precaution you set up a Time Machine backup system too, just in case.
Hi, the zip we are asking for is the one with the whole project, so we can unzip it, open the Xcode project inside the project folder and compile it ourselves, thanks!!
GitHub for Beginners

First sentence of https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/...one.1.html
Quote:DESCRIPTION
Clones a repository into a newly created directory....

Code:
we did that, but even so we have the folder called Kodi, when you open the project and try to compile it, it gives us a lot of errors about missing libs that need to be manually found and added, since you have done that and the project is working for you, and you have fixed already these issues, we just wanted to use the same folder you have used, thanks!!
Changed the NFSHomepath to /Users/hanfrey/

Opened a new Terminal,
Code:
echo $HOME -> /Users/hanfrey
cd $HOME
cd Kodi/tools/depends
./bootstrap
./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-sdk=8.3
make

And a new error:
Code:
/Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make  all-am
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=link /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/gcc  -I/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/include   -no-undefined  -liconv     -Wl,-framework -Wl,CoreFoundation -release 0.18.2     -liconv -liconv  -L/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/lib  -o libgettextlib.la -rpath /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/lib set-mode-acl.lo copy-acl.lo file-has-acl.lo allocator.lo areadlink.lo argmatch.lo gl_array_list.lo backupfile.lo addext.lo basename.lo binary-io.lo c-ctype.lo c-strcasecmp.lo c-strncasecmp.lo c-strcasestr.lo c-strstr.lo careadlinkat.lo classpath.lo clean-temp.lo cloexec.lo closeout.lo concat-filename.lo copy-file.lo csharpcomp.lo csharpexec.lo error-progname.lo execute.lo exitfail.lo fatal-signal.lo fd-hook.lo fd-ostream.lo fd-safer-flag.lo dup-safer-flag.lo file-ostream.lo findprog.lo fstrcmp.lo full-write.lo fwriteerror.lo gcd.lo  hash.lo html-ostream.lo html-styled-ostream.lo  javacomp.lo javaexec.lo javaversion.lo gl_linkedhash_list.lo gl_list.lo localcharset.lo localename.lo glthread/lock.lo malloca.lo mbchar.lo mbiter.lo mbslen.lo mbsstr.lo mbswidth.lo mbuiter.lo ostream.lo pipe-filter-ii.lo pipe-filter-aux.lo pipe2.lo pipe2-safer.lo progname.lo propername.lo quotearg.lo safe-read.lo safe-write.lo sh-quote.lo sig-handler.lo spawn-pipe.lo stdio.lo striconv.lo striconveh.lo striconveha.lo strnlen1.lo styled-ostream.lo tempname.lo term-ostream.lo term-styled-ostream.lo  glthread/threadlib.lo glthread/tls.lo tmpdir.lo trim.lo uniconv/u8-conv-from-enc.lo unilbrk/lbrktables.lo unilbrk/u8-possible-linebreaks.lo unilbrk/u8-width-linebreaks.lo unilbrk/ulc-common.lo unilbrk/ulc-width-linebreaks.lo uniname/uniname.lo unistd.lo dup-safer.lo fd-safer.lo pipe-safer.lo unistr/u16-mbtouc.lo unistr/u16-mbtouc-aux.lo unistr/u8-check.lo unistr/u8-mblen.lo unistr/u8-mbtouc.lo unistr/u8-mbtouc-aux.lo unistr/u8-mbtouc-unsafe.lo unistr/u8-mbtouc-unsafe-aux.lo unistr/u8-mbtoucr.lo unistr/u8-prev.lo unistr/u8-uctomb.lo unistr/u8-uctomb-aux.lo uniwidth/width.lo wait-process.lo wctype-h.lo xmalloc.lo xstrdup.lo xconcat-filename.lo xerror.lo gl_xlist.lo xmalloca.lo xreadlink.lo xsetenv.lo xsize.lo xstriconv.lo xstriconveh.lo xvasprintf.lo xasprintf.lo asnprintf.lo canonicalize-lgpl.lo error.lo fnmatch.lo getopt.lo getopt1.lo lstat.lo obstack.lo open.lo printf-args.lo printf-parse.lo rawmemchr.lo readlink.lo setenv.lo stat.lo strchrnul.lo strerror.lo strerror-override.lo strstr.lo tparm.lo tputs.lo vasnprintf.lo wcwidth.lo libcroco_rpl.la libglib_rpl.la libxml_rpl.la
libtool: link: rm -fr  .libs/libgettextlib.lax
libtool: link: (cd .libs/libgettextlib.lax/libcroco_rpl.a && /usr/bin/ar x "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/hanfrey/Kodi/tools/depends/native/gettext-native/x86_64-osx-native/gettext-tools/gnulib-lib/./.libs/libcroco_rpl.a")
../libtool: line 1099: cd: .libs/libgettextlib.lax/libcroco_rpl.a: No such file or directory
make[6]: *** [libgettextlib.la] Error 1
make[5]: *** [all] Error 2
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [x86_64-osx-native/gettext-tools/src/.libs/libgettextsrc.a] Error 2
make[1]: *** [gettext-native] Error 2
make: *** [native/.installed-x86_64-osx-native] Error 2
(2015-06-15, 17:04)wax000 Wrote: [ -> ]we did that, but even so we have the folder called Kodi, when you open the project and try to compile it, it gives us a lot of errors about missing libs that need to be manually found and added, since you have done that and the project is working for you, and you have fixed already these issues, we just wanted to use the same folder you have used, thanks!!
Nope did not do that at all. No extras added.

All the Libs and dependencies and add-ons are compiled by following the instructions in the Readme.iOS and Post #1.
No extras were downloaded at all, it all comes from the Kodi GitHub project that is cloned into the Kodi directory.

I cannot help with compilation errors. This guide only works for Kodi Isengard compiling. Kodi Helix does not work.
I have changed the Instructions to be very specific now as it only works on a Mac running OS X v10.10 (Yosemite).

Only suggestion is to delete the Kodi directory and carefully and slowly go throught the Readme.iOS and Xcode guide again and start over.
They are the exact steps I used.

@Hanfrey, No idea. I'm no compilation error guru. You are on you own from this point I'm afraid.
Logout or Reboot after the Home user change.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6