Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Isengard compiling guide  iOS 8.3 - iPhone - iPad's - no Jailbreak needed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I was reading somewhere in the this forum, that is very important to look at which xcode is supported, so in the readme.ios that the current build system supports Xcode 6.0.1 and 6.1.0 with iOS SDK 8.1.
I know that without developer account we have to use xcode 7 beta to get the Kodi to the iPhone, but do we need to have xcode 6 to be installed as well for the everything else?
(2015-06-13, 10:14)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ] Kodi Isengard - iOS 8.3 compiling guide:
Quote:iOS SDK 8.3 requires a Mac computer running OS X v10.10 (Yosemite) or later.
iOS 8.3 Release Notes:
https://developer.apple.com/library/prer...index.html

You must use Xcode 7 beta - its the only way to get Kodi on to iOS - iPhone / iPads's for free without the need to Jailbreak.

1. Download Xcode7 beta from https://developer.apple.com/xcode/downloads/

2. in the OSX Terminal app issue: (and install Xcode Command Line Tools if prompted)
Code:
gcc

3. Follow the iOS Kodi building documentation at:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...README.ios

4. Copy and paste the commands into OSX Terminal (do not copy the first $ symbol) eg paste: cd $HOME

5. When you get to this: ./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin
use this instead:
Code:
./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-sdk=8.3

6. To speed up the compile process use 4 CPU cores: make -j4
eg: make -j4 -C target/binary-addons

7. Step - 4.1 Using Xcode is where we start following the Xcode Mini Guide below...

Xcode 7 beta iOS building Mini Guide
=======================

- usb connect iOS device to the Mac (select Trust this computer if needed on the iOS device)

- Xcode > Preferences > Accounts > Sign in with Apple ID > close window
- File > Open > username > Kodi > Kodi.xcodeproj

- Click and approve the code conversion Fix suggestion when asked.

- Top Left > Kodi-iOS > iPhone or iPad (do NOT select anything from iOS simulator)
- Double click the blue Kodi box from < > Kodi to get to...

General:
- Identity > Bundle Identifier = org.xbmc
- Team = Username (Apple ID / email)
- Deployment Target = 8.3
- Devices = iPhone or iPad

Build Settings:
- Build Options > Enable Bitcode = No (prevents a whole bunch of build Bitcode warnings)
- Code Signing > Code Signing Identity > click triangle > iPhone/Ipad Developer: apple.id (xxxxxxxxxxx) (repeat for all 4)
- User Defined > XBMC_Depends =XBMC_DEPENDS_ROOT)/iphoneos8.3_armv7-target

HIT PLAY > button to build (top left)

Eat an in Anticipation Wink

Troubleshooting:
Anything that appears in Red in the far Left Warning feedback window, will need to be clicked and then fixed in the middle Code window.
Xcode also helpfully supplies suggestions of what code is needed to fix the issue.

191 minor build warnings were displayed when using this guide.

It seems there is a bug if your Apple ID has previously been used as a developer ID
https://twitter.com/kaptin/status/608727199965958144

Enjoy ! Big Grin

But there is one more thing.....
Updating Kodi Isengard...

1. Xcode > File > Close "Kodi.xcodeproj"

2. In OSX Terminal:
Code:
git clean -xdf
git pull origin
git --reset head

3. To compile an up to date Isengard version, repeat steps in the Readme.iOS from - 3.2 Install Cross libs and runtime environment....

4. You will end up with two or more Kodi apps on your device, unfortunately deleting one removes all settings of the other. Trust iOS to be so damn tidy.

W.

I've done everything to the tee on the readme but i am stuck in Xcode in something that might so dumb;

- Double click the blue Kodi box from < > Kodi to get to...

General:
- Identity > Bundle Identifier = org.xbmc
- Team = Username (Apple ID / email)

I am unable to find this on my Xcode.

(I have a screenshot but can't even upload it!) lol

Also, in step 4 of the readme doc, I get the following error on my terminal

See `config.log' for more details
make: *** [../../../..//libkodi.so] Error 77
Maayans-MBP:Kodi maayanurbach$ make clean
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop.
Maayans-MBP:Kodi maayanurbach$ make xcode_depends
make: *** No rule to make target `xcode_depends'. Stop.
Maayans-MBP:Kodi maayanurbach$

Any help is greatly appreciated
(2015-06-17, 17:50)robi42 Wrote: [ -> ]I was reading somewhere in the this forum, that is very important to look at which xcode is supported, so in the readme.ios that the current build system supports Xcode 6.0.1 and 6.1.0 with iOS SDK 8.1.
I know that without developer account we have to use xcode 7 beta to get the Kodi to the iPhone, but do we need to have xcode 6 to be installed as well for the everything else?
I have Xcode 6.3.2 as well as Xcode 7 beta installed on my OSX 10.10.3 iMac.
Interestingly Xcode 6.3.2 lists that it supports SDK: iOS 8.3, OS X v10.10

https://developer.apple.com/xcode/downloads/

I don't know if this makes a difference to compiling success. I doubt it.
Xcode 7 should be backward compatible with all SDK iOS versions that have gone before it.
(2015-06-17, 17:50)robi42 Wrote: [ -> ]I was reading somewhere in the this forum, that is very important to look at which xcode is supported, so in the readme.ios that the current build system supports Xcode 6.0.1 and 6.1.0 with iOS SDK 8.1.

I don't think anyone actually got this to work...no where on this site or on the web has anyone actually posted a video of this actually working...we might have been sent on a wild goose chase! It's strange that everyone here follows the famous "readme" doc and get the same SDK/username errors...I am hopeful to be wrong but chances are more likely that at this point in time, xbmc cannot be added via Xcode 7 Sad.
I have had Kodi Isengard running and working on my iPad, my problem was I wanted Helix but couldn't get it to build.
Looks like some Newbs need to eat more Apples before even attempting to compile Kodi.
My personal Favourite is a variety called the Pink Lady

VIDEO: Kodi Isengard RC on an iOS 8.3 - iPad3
i try but faild

This step

$ make -C target/binary-addons

I have error in terminel ?

What's problem ?
(2015-06-17, 19:29)D-an-W Wrote: [ -> ]I have had Kodi Isengard running and working on my iPad, my problem was I wanted Helix but couldn't get it to build.

OK, so how did you do it, did you have xcode 6 installed besides xcode 7.
Please let us know if you had to do anything else other than what was in the readme.ios.
Thank you in advance.
(2015-06-17, 20:02)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like some Newbs need to eat more Apples before even attempting to compile Kodi.
My personal Favourite is a variety called the Pink Lady

VIDEO: Kodi Isengard RC on an iOS 8.3 - iPad3

ThanksSmile. I actually just finished my rib eye steak! Lol

If you took the time to take a video and show proof it works, can we (all newbs and strugglers) kindly ask you take a video showing the step by step to get Kodi on your iPad using the readme and xcode7 beta?

(I'm sure visitors and participants of this forum are on board with the above request) Wink.

Thanks in advance
I got it to work after trying for probably about 12 hours over three days. When I finally got it to work, I had Xcode 6.3.2 installed AND Xcode 7. I did the actual compile in Xcode 7. When I tried it prior to installing 6.3.2, some steps failed with error messages leading me to believe it was a lack of some SDK 8.3 resource. After I installed Xcode 6.3.2, those errors disappeared. Xcode 7 includes the IOS 9 SDK, not 8.3, and I think something is needed from that to get it to work.

Note, I also installed JDK. I added this because when I first tried compiling on a fresh OS X install, somewhere in the automated portion of the process, it tried to run javac, so it prompted me to install it.

These are pretty close to the steps I followed, though I did parts of this multiple times, so things could be a little out of order:

Fresh Mac OS X 10.10.3 Install
Opened Terminal
$ javac
Pop-up says to download - hit More Info, which opens up Safari
Download & Install latest Java JDK (8u45 as of this writing)

Install xcode 7 beta
Run it once (to accept Terms, etc)

From Terminal
$ gcc
When prompted to install CLI tools, hit Install

Install xcode (6.3.x)

From Terminal
cd $HOME
git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git Kodi
cd Kodi
git submodule update --init addons/skin.re-touched

cd $HOME/Kodi
cd tools/depends
./bootstrap
make -j2
make -j2 -C target/binary-addons

cd $HOME/Kodi
make -C tools/depends/target/xbmc
make clean
make code_depends

After this, follow the Xcode 7 instructions in the first post. You also have to add a line to one of the source files when it complains about "free" being undefined. It's in one of these posts. If, after all that, you have your signing stuff in order, you should be able to get it installed and running.
Nice work!
I believe you have found the missing link. It was a while ago when I actually installed Xcode 6.3.2.

Java, and its development kit have been on my machine since I re-installed it back when OSX Yosemite was first released.
OSX Yosemite does not come with Java as a standard vanilla install and Java has to be installed separately.
I'm running javac v1.6.0_65

Compile instructions amended.
Thanks. Smile
I did followed the guide to the letter.everithing worked great until
I'm getting this error when try to run it on the iPad
dyld`dyld_fatal_error:

Any ideas what's wrong

Thanks,
Julian
Likely the same issue and fix as this post:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2030186

I've added this bit back to the Xcode setup instructions:
Quote:- Base SDK > Latest iOS (iOS 9.0)
(2015-06-18, 03:16)ptaylor Wrote: [ -> ]I got it to work after trying for probably about 12 hours over three days. When I finally got it to work, I had Xcode 6.3.2 installed AND Xcode 7. I did the actual compile in Xcode 7. When I tried it prior to installing 6.3.2, some steps failed with error messages leading me to believe it was a lack of some SDK 8.3 resource. After I installed Xcode 6.3.2, those errors disappeared. Xcode 7 includes the IOS 9 SDK, not 8.3, and I think something is needed from that to get it to work.

Note, I also installed JDK. I added this because when I first tried compiling on a fresh OS X install, somewhere in the automated portion of the process, it tried to run javac, so it prompted me to install it.

These are pretty close to the steps I followed, though I did parts of this multiple times, so things could be a little out of order:

Fresh Mac OS X 10.10.3 Install
Opened Terminal
$ javac
Pop-up says to download - hit More Info, which opens up Safari
Download & Install latest Java JDK (8u45 as of this writing)

Install xcode 7 beta

From Terminal
$ gcc
When prompted to install CLI tools, hit Install

Install xcode (6.3.x)

From Terminal
cd $HOME
git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git Kodi
cd Kodi
git submodule update --init addons/skin.re-touched

cd $HOME/Kodi
cd tools/depends
./bootstrap
make -j2
make -j2 -C target/binary-addons

cd $HOME/Kodi
make -C tools/depends/target/xbmc
make clean
make code_depends

After this, follow the Xcode 7 instructions in the first post. You also have to add a line to one of the source files when it complains about "free" being undefined. It's in one of these posts. If, after all that, you have your signing stuff in order, you should be able to get it installed and running.

Awesome guide, thank you so much.
I'm coming up with these errors after the make clean and make code_depends

Roberts-iMac:Kodi robertmatrai$ make clean
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop.
Roberts-iMac:Kodi robertmatrai$ make code_depends
make: *** No rule to make target `code_depends'. Stop.

Any idea what i'm missing?
(2015-06-17, 16:18)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]No not for Xcode 7 beta onwards, Apple ID only...
Quote: Xcode > Preferences > Accounts > Sign in with Apple ID > close window

I'm having this error (Screenshot). Would you happen to know where I'm wrong? Tried the "Fix Issue" but to no avail.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6