Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Warning Kodi does not work on iOS 9 yet!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi all
Updated my phone to iOS 9 and tried to run kodi on it but it won't load up now more just springs me out all the time I try and load it
Is there a fix that I can do to sort this
Hope
Someone can help
Thanks

edit by memphiz: official investigation why kodi doesn't work on ios9 to be found here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2109853
iOS 9 isn't supported yet. Technically, we don't support any version of iOS until it is actually jailbroken, so any questions about non-jailbroken versions will most likely go ignored.
I wonder how you even got kodi installed on the non-jailbroken device...
The is a solution to sideload own apps to iOS devices through Xcode 7.0...

http://bouk.co/blog/sideload-iphone/

I hope there will be easy ways to do this by a non-developer like me. Much things I just didn't understand...
I used app called ipastore
Ahh interesting ... could you provide the crashreport? I am pretty sure ipastore is not up to the task to do a valid full sign of our kodi app hahaha. Idiots ...

Well what NedScott said ...

Also I really wonder why apple didn't take down that service yet. Its clearly against the license of using an enterprise certificate.
Hey Memphiz,

Just tried to sideload Kodi on my iOS9 device and it crashes at load with this fatal error in XCode :
Code:
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib
  Referenced from: /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/66BE2C16-94BF-46DC-9D23-149335AF65B2/Kodi.app/Kodi
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
    /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/66BE2C16-94BF-46DC-9D23-149335AF65B2/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib: mmap() error 22 at address=0x04F5B000, size=0x00190660 segment=__LINKEDIT in Segment::map() mapping /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/66BE2C16-94BF-46DC-9D23-149335AF65B2/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib
    /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/66BE2C16-94BF-46DC-9D23-149335AF65B2/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib: mmap() error 22 at address=0x054CF000, size=0x00190660 segment=__LINKEDIT in Segment::map() mapping /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/66BE2C16-94BF-46DC-9D23-149335AF65B2/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib
(lldb)

Not sure if that helps ...

Let me just add that this is a fresh git clone which compiled without any errors or issues at all.
Yes its a signing issue ... You should really read that READM.ios (nearly at the end of the file) where it states how to deploy on non-jailbroken devices. You need to follow it to ensure that the full sign step is performed which gets rid of this signing issue.

Code:
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib
  Referenced from: /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/1ACCDDB7-1C8E-48B8-A2FA-4F345F48DD09/Kodi.app/Kodi
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
    /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/1ACCDDB7-1C8E-48B8-A2FA-4F345F48DD09/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib: mmap() error 1 at address=0x04AF4000, size=0x003C0000 segment=__TEXT in Segment::map() mapping /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/1ACCDDB7-1C8E-48B8-A2FA-4F345F48DD09/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib
    /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/1ACCDDB7-1C8E-48B8-A2FA-4F345F48DD09/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib: mmap() error 1 at address=0x0505C000, size=0x003C0000 segment=__TEXT in Segment::map() mapping /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/1ACCDDB7-1C8E-48B8-A2FA-4F345F48DD09/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib
(lldb)

Yah, I did that, so not sure why it happens. Didn't had this issue on 8.4 - sorry for being a pain in the a**.
It missed signing the internal libs like libsmbclient
I'm getting the same issue with it not doing the codesigning even though it's all selected. I get the libsmbclient fail as well. Every time. Even when I'm using my paid developer account selections.
So what exactly am I supposed to do with this - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/cffd...dfb1dea9a2
Is this supposed to something I need to process after the terminal build phase is complete and prior to launching Xcode?
open tools/darwin/Support/Codesign.command, it's there in the xcode project.
make the changes, done.

google diff and patch Smile
I updated the readme which tells you what do to ... you need to select the iPhone Developer identity from now on ... if apple now calls it "iOS Developer" instead *cough* - you would need to alter the codesign script to check for this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5