Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [split] Warning Kodi is not running on iOS9 - Non-dev thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
FYI: the 9.0 - 9.0.2 jailbreak was released today. So if the Kodi Cydia repo could be updated with 15.2RC3 that would be outstanding. or let's wait for the 15.2 final (which I have no clue when that is due).
tic toc tic toc....

Right now it´s crashing, even RC3 (tested on ipad air)
Hello guys i'm new to the forum. I have also jailbroken in to IOS 9.0.2 today and had the same problem as you guys but, I did get it to work. Here are the simple steps.

1.From the Cydia app search and install Icleaner.(this is a nice toll to always free up space on your device by clearing cache and temp files)
2. Run ICleaner and perform a "clean".
3. Open up Kodi it should work now

Hope it works for you guys.
I tried what you said but it didn't work for me. Always crushing at startup. Ipad2 ios 9.0.2 jailbroken today by pangu
I have just done the same and jailbroken my iphone6 that is running ios 9.02 and I cant get Kodi to work.

I tried the icleaner but kodi still wouldn't load. It tried to open but I get a black screen and that is it.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Mat
(2015-10-14, 21:48)mpward1876 Wrote: [ -> ]I have just done the same and jailbroken my iphone6 that is running ios 9.02 and I cant get Kodi to work.

I tried the icleaner but kodi still wouldn't load. It tried to open but I get a black screen and that is it.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Mat

I have exactly the same problem,why doesnt anyone update the kodi repo for this? Thank you
This is very weird guys I have tried installing on an ipad mini 3rd gen and is not working...The one tha's working it's an ipad mini 1st gen. (which i usually use to test new jailbreaks) Guess i got lucky on the one that works.

Here's a screenshot of Kodi 15.1 running on ios 9.0.2

(2015-10-14, 22:31)Cleo24 Wrote: [ -> ]This is very weird guys I have tried installing on an ipad mini 3rd gen and is not working...The one tha's working it's an ipad mini 1st gen. (which i usually use to test new jailbreaks) Guess i got lucky on the one that works.

Here's a screenshot of Kodi 15.1 running on ios 9.0.2

Mine doesn't work on mini 1st gen. Odd.
Hi there,
ipad2,1 JB 9.02 a few hours ago.
Kodi starts and vanishes immediately.

I already had Kodi working in IOS 8.x and Cleo24s iCleaner tip gave me an idea:

use iFile or ssh:
make sur you closed Kodi
go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/
and delete the Kodi directory (maybe you save some databases or xml if you like)

and it works!

thank you guys
nice thread-jack guys Smile
(2015-10-14, 23:27)floyd4711 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,
ipad2,1 JB 9.02 a few hours ago.
Kodi starts and vanishes immediately.

I already had Kodi working in IOS 8.x and Cleo24s iCleaner tip gave me an idea:

use iFile or ssh:
make sur you closed Kodi
go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/
and delete the Kodi directory (maybe you save some databases or xml if you like)

and it works!

thank you guys

Already had done that, also didn't work
Im glad it worked for you floyd4711

I did a different thing to get it running on my ipad mini 3

Installed Kodi v16.0 “Jarvis” its working great so far
Here nothing helped on iPad Air WiFi

Tried the one from the repo... then installed 15.2 rc3, latest nightly release, and 16.0 snapshot.... 0 nothing working.

Neither those solutions helped! It would be cool to update repo with a release that works on 9.0.2
for me only 16.0 works.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7