Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 15.2 exits without terminating process
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i'm experiencing a really anoying problem on my windows server 2008 r2 (sp1): When i close Kodi (regular - not killing the process) after 1 - 2 seconds it disappears and it looks like kodi would have been terminated but it is not. It runs in background for about 3 to 5 minutes, then terminates. During that time you even cannot kill the process with task manager!

Kodi Version is 15.2
Fresh Kodi installation
Removed the entire Kodi folder in %appdata% to make sure it doesn't depend on a plugin/addon.
Connection to TV: PC -> Pulse Eight CEC-Adapter -> AVR -> TV

This is the log (%appdata%\Kodi was already rebuild during first executiong for enabling Debug Log) of reproducable process:
1. Starting
2. Waiting for some seconds to completly load and initialize everything (including establishing cec-adapter connection)
2. Closing Kodi
http://www.xbmclogs.com/przngibjz

I already excluded the cec adapter from causing the problemen. Have already disabled it in kodi settings without effect.
There is another peripherial thing recognized by Kodi: imon - but there is no possibility to disably it in the kodi gui

I am using XBMC/Kodi for years on this machine and with this operating system but exiting it took some time (seconds) because auf addons, skints,.. but never took more than 20 sec.
On another machine (Windws 7x64) this problem does not occure.

Help would be gratefully apreceated. Becaus i'm using scripts to do some action after kodi-process is closed. But the most annoying thing is that you have to wait over 3 min before you can start kodi again...
Another thing: For productive purpose i would like to use the skin Aeom MQ 6 containing a lot of plugins. Using this skin in combination wit my mysql database, containing some 1000 of file references, the kodi window most of the time even does not disapper, when i try to close Kodi. During that time i have to wait the full time (more than 3 min) until process is terminated. I'm even not abel to use CTRL+ALT+ENTF or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to open task manager. The only thing is moving is the regular windows mouse pointer..
Yesterday the whole day i tried to find out what causes the problem. I've read a lot other threads describing similar or even the same problem but there is no solution. In most cases it is told that it is because a addon or pvr. But in my case there are no addons other than the original one and there is rather pvr plugin enabeld nor the pvr option in settings.

Beeing desperate i tried follwing
- Enabled Aero
- Executed Kodi with administrative privileges

But did not help.
Ok, continuing monologue until someone helps me... Sad
I think it has to do with UPnP. Altough i disabled all UPnP settings under services, you can see in the log, that a upnp client is starting.
Can somebody please tell me why it starts altough it should not and how to disable it? The long time to terminate the process on exit of Kodi most probably happen because closing upnp client takes verry long (only in my case?). I can reproduce this when activating the upnp setting (in kodi gui) "Allow control of XBMC via UPNP". Activating is done imediatelly. If i try to re-disable this option kodi freezes kompletly for up to 6 min. After that time Kodi starts working normally again. Same thing happens if i do the same re-disable thing for the upnp-server option in the service settings.

Googeling for "kodi disable upnp" led me to this old thread describing the same issue i have. Unfortunately the solution described does not work for me. It sais i should disable 3 tags relating to upnp inside guisettings.xml file. In my case only the tag "upnpannounce" is enabled. Wehen i set it to disable it will be reset to enable by kodi and upnp client is starting again.

Someone having a solution?Huh
Thank you verry much for helping me out with my problem. I really appreciate the huge input fromt this community and especially from the devs, immediately strived to help me out! Tongue

Should there be others, having this error (and it prooved is one), you can find the solution here.
Sorry, was busy with Christmas and keeping family company while they were in the hospital. I'll try to work in your Kodi problems into that next time. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

ಠ_ಠ
(2015-12-25, 23:11)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, was busy with Christmas and keeping family company while they were in the hospital. I'll try to work in your Kodi problems into that next time. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

ಠ_ಠ

Thanks for reply. I've just felt some kind of "let down". I did not expect that everybody throws away everything he/she is just doing for helping me out. But just a single message from anyone, even if it just would have been "sorry, actually im so bussy, i will have a look at this later...", would have been nice.

Anyway, i wish you a marry christmas and a happy new year! Hope your family is fine.
I have the same issue, so happy to find this thread. Sorry I am a bit of a n00b on this stuff but if you need more log files I can hopefully help out here.

I am running Jarvis Beta 4 build but the same issue was present for me in 15.2 as above.
(2015-12-20, 15:40)LZKYZ Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, continuing monologue until someone helps me... Sad
I think it has to do with UPnP. Altough i disabled all UPnP settings under services, you can see in the log, that a upnp client is starting.
Can somebody please tell me why it starts altough it should not and how to disable it? The long time to terminate the process on exit of Kodi most probably happen because closing upnp client takes verry long (only in my case?). I can reproduce this when activating the upnp setting (in kodi gui) "Allow control of XBMC via UPNP". Activating is done imediatelly. If i try to re-disable this option kodi freezes kompletly for up to 6 min. After that time Kodi starts working normally again. Same thing happens if i do the same re-disable thing for the upnp-server option in the service settings.

Googeling for "kodi disable upnp" led me to this old thread describing the same issue i have. Unfortunately the solution described does not work for me. It sais i should disable 3 tags relating to upnp inside guisettings.xml file. In my case only the tag "upnpannounce" is enabled. Wehen i set it to disable it will be reset to enable by kodi and upnp client is starting again.

Someone having a solution?Huh

I also just tried this method and can confirm that Kodi re-enables upnp even though they have been set to false.