Win Hang on exit, also crash on upnp settings, etc
Hello, so I was running XBMC 12.0 Frodo on Win 7 for a few weeks with no problems using Ace skin, tried some plugins and skins, still fine but switched back to Ace skin. Then all of the sudden I started having several issues.
Here's the latest debug log: http://pastebin.com/spDkM7yC

Issues:
First of all, xbmc began to stop responding on exit and I had to use task manager to kill the process. No dump file created.
Then I also noticed that on startup, weather would say 'busy' and take forever to finally show information.
Edit: In addition to weather, the following system info also shows as 'busy'... CPU speed, battery level, internet, and system uptime. These will finally update whenever weather finally does.

Resolution attempts:
I tried disabling all plugins I had added myself, this didn't help at all.
Then I tried upgrading to 12.2 Frodo, and problems still persisted, only now I had additional problems.

Post 12.2 issues:
Slow weather scraping on startup continued, so did hang on exit. Now the default rss feed at the bottom stopped working, no text scrolling, just remains blank.
If I try to change (disable) any of the 3 upnp settings, xbmc immediately stops responding and I once again have to use task manager to get it to close. (again no dump file)

Maybe a clean install might solve issues, but would like to know if there's anything in the log that points to a cause of any of the above issues??

If any additional information is needed, just ask.
Anybody see anything in the log that might lead to any of my issues? Or have any suggestions?
Hi Boournz,

I have the exact same problem. I was on 12.0 on windows 7 and everything was working until few days ago. I began to have the same issue then you (hang out on exit, have to restart the computer).

I clean the installation of the 12.0 to install the last 12.2 release. I installed all my addons and detect my library, everything was working great (exit was ok). And, like you, problems began when I tried to activated upnp and airplay. As soon as I tried to check the boxes in xbmc configuration, xbmc crash. I finely succed to activate it (checked it the configuration). But it look like does not work ( upnp sharing). And now crash everytime I tried to uncheck 1 of thoses options and the hang out problem on exit began at this point. It's clearly link together...

I tried nightlies version of xbmc looks like do the same thing...

I have an hypothesis, maybe it's link to a recent windows update (i didnt check the recent update yet) that make upnp or airplay unstable in xbmc use with windows 7...
Have either of you managed to fix this? Is it still happening for you? I also have been having hangs on UPNP disable or exit XBMC (only when UPNP is enabled). For me, there isn't a crash, and if I wait 10 minutes the process finally finishes and exits.
Hey guys i spended alot of searching on forums, somebody saying disableing youtube plugin would help this problem. but i didnt at my xbmc installation. i Then decided tryin to disable Almost all my plugins all together, that didnt help me either.

PROBLEM: Some times after several days My xbmc Somehow Stalled / freezed out, and response times for a single button push was 1 min ( aka Very Very Slow) Also i foud out if i tryed to close XMBC via the GUI it also hang / freezed for a decade, then only way to re open it was to kill the process through "task manager".

You can see if you are suffering form exsact same problem if you navigate in yuor xbmc, SySTEM -> Services-> UPNP. And here try to Disable " Share video - and music information via UPNP"
When i push that button XBMC Freeze/ hangs immitietly. Hmm you are now Stuck here because everytime you try to disable this XBMC Stucks.
BUT NO... se solution Smile

THEN Here is the SOLUTION::

1:Navigate to %AppData%\Roaming\XBMC\userdata.
2:And Open guisettings.xml with notepad
3:then press Key combination [CTRL] + [F], ANd Search for :UPNP
4: now you wil find this : <upnpannounce>false</upnpannounce> <upnprenderer>true</upnprenderer> <upnpserver>true</upnpserver>
5: Make sure that all these Are written to false, if they are set to True, then delete the text True and write false instead.
6. Then Save the file Reopen Xbmc , and hopefully all issues wil now be history.

This litle button ruined my day for sevral months so i hope i can help alot of you xbmc noobs out there Big Grin
* This message was written from a litle place called Denmark, therefore spelling is not 100% correct Big Grin*

For the record i have :
Server 2008 R2 x64 running Frodo v12,2
16g ram on a HP Microserver DL36 with dual-core ,
I have exactly the same problem since a few days...
Thanks for your post, to editing the xml file. It helped me to make work XBMC localy again without problems.

But this can not be the solution. To disable UPnP Server and Client is no solution. I need the XBMC UPnP Server enabled. But always when i enable, XBMC is very slow and can not be closed. (Only by Task Manager)

Do anyone knows a solution?
Can you please check the install history of updates on your pc?
Here is my Windows Update History

and here is my XBMC Log with Debug enabled
I know this is a little old, but in case someone else has this issue, there is another option.

miwul's instructions did not work for me. I was also unable to disable or remove any addons since everytime I tried to complete an action XBMC would lock up.

ctrl/alt deleting out of XBMC. %AppData%\Roaming\XBMC\addons then manually delete all of the addons you don't want anymore. I deleted about 15 and left about 10. XBMC was then functioning normally. Apparently one of the addons was causing XBMC to hang and show all systems as busy. Not sure which one it was though
Thanks miwul,
your solution helped me!
I spend so much time until I get it was this UPNP thing... then I just googled it and found your solution, thanks!
about the way, I've got XBMC on Windows 8.1 too... but this UPNP problem happens only on my WIn7 Pro machine.
Pity, I just managed to Share my Live-TV and Movies db with my Android Device XBMC, now I have to disable UPNP... Sad

Hope that the developers will fix it...
Tried miwul's solution after finding the first line was set to 'true'. While the right arrow icon appeared to indicate the pause point had been inserted, when I drilled up on level and then back down,unfortunately it was gone again, so no luck for me since upgrading to the latest kodi.
Using Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with Kodi 15.2. Have the same problem with deactivating UPnP Settings in GUI. Process terminates approx. 4-6min after Kodi window was closed.
Changing tag "upnpannounce" to true did not solve that problem, because oviously kodi is resetting this value to true on start.
Has someone a solution for this in Kodi 15.2?
(2015-12-20, 15:45)LZKYZ Wrote: Using Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with Kodi 15.2. Have the same problem with deactivating UPnP Settings in GUI. Process terminates approx. 4-6min after Kodi window was closed.
Changing tag "upnpannounce" to true did not solve that problem, because oviously kodi is resetting this value to true on start.

Someone identified that this has to do with having a VPN / incoming connection adapter set up IIRC.
There's some information in the bug on TRAC which you should be able to find if you search.

I'm not sure if deleting the interface fixes it or not, because I had upgraded to Windows 10 by then.
(2015-12-20, 21:10)bluenote Wrote:
(2015-12-20, 15:45)LZKYZ Wrote: Using Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with Kodi 15.2. Have the same problem with deactivating UPnP Settings in GUI. Process terminates approx. 4-6min after Kodi window was closed.

Someone identified that this has to do with having a VPN / incoming connection adapter set up IIRC.
There's some information in the bug on TRAC which you should be able to find if you search.

I'm not sure if deleting the interface fixes it or not, because I had upgraded to Windows 10 by then.

Thank you so much, bluenote!
Your hint with VPN was ultimate! Smile First i was abel to reproduce the problem on a windows 7 machine not having it, simply by enabling the windows service "Routing and RAS". This service is not mandatory to run. It's enough if it is set to manual, to produce the hang in Kodi on exit. Then i switched to my windows server machine always having the problem and observed, that the service was set to "manual". I disabled it but problem still occured in Kodi. So i read the complete ticket communication in TRAC related to this Error (by the way, this is the link, just for others saving them time searching it) and got the information to restart the machine. On my Windows 7 machine that was definetly not necessary to force and correct the problem. But i tried it and it really solved my problem.

I in deed used incomming connections (VPN) some time ago and i can confirm that on some windows restarts the above described service did not start correct. Before i restarted the Windows Werver i followed the instructions in TRAC to previously delete the incomming connection.

Again: Thanks to bluenote! I was searching for days to solve this problem.
I'm glad I was able to help but the credit really goes to the gent in the ticket that caught this. I'm also grateful because this problem plagued me for a year and was a major pain.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hang on exit, also crash on upnp settings, etc1