Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-01-11, 12:53)munty76 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, Tested 29th build on my setup.

Marantz sr7010

Any ideas on what i need to do get it to recognize the atmos stream?

Yes it´s your crap Marantz Big Grin
OK fixed my atmos issue. ( user error) was a setting on my marantz amplifier.

Thanks to the efforts gone into this build. really appreciate it , and will keep me going till the official v17 build gets released.
Great work!

Dec 29 build
Nvidia Shield
Android 5.1
Onkyo 646

•AC3 works
•E-AC3 works
•DTS works
•DTS-HD works
•TrueHD and Atmos works
But i can't have 5.1 on dac usb with optical output. is There a solution plz ?

thanks
(2016-01-11, 23:58)neferym Wrote: [ -> ]But i can't have 5.1 on dac usb with optical output. is There a solution plz ?

thanks

This is a thread for the experimental passthrough build. Go post in the shield thread.
Martijn :>

Isn't it time, for you to update the first post, about the situation regarding this test build. We haven't heard a single word from you for a long time. People continue to post their test results, for no reason, with Koying's abandonment.

Or maybe give all the rest of us, who followed this thread from the very beginning, a good heads up, on what is the ACTUAL situation to all this mess.

Thanks.
(2016-01-12, 12:24)Evanesco Wrote: [ -> ]People continue to post their test results, for no reason, with Koying's abandonment.

but if we take a look at the 01/10/2016 update it looks like koying is activly reading and care for his baby :-)
(2016-01-12, 12:43)querty1000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-12, 12:24)Evanesco Wrote: [ -> ]People continue to post their test results, for no reason, with Koying's abandonment.

but if we take a look at the 01/10/2016 update it looks like koying is activly reading and care for his baby :-)

So what. He stopped further developing on the test build. The 10th nightly build has nothing to do with that.
I have atmos no problem bit streaming from kodi 29th build on shield to denon receiver.
I have been running the 29th build for over a week now. I have intermittent audio sync issues. They seem to be fixed by toggling back to LPCM then toggling passthrough back on. So my assumption is that there is a handshake issue in play between the Shield/Kodi and my AVR-w2200x (Dennon).

Koying, thanks for all the hard work on this.

Edit: I should add that all HD codecs appear to be working fine. Cant test Atmos as I am not set up for it.
(2016-01-12, 12:24)Evanesco Wrote: [ -> ]Martijn :>

Isn't it time, for you to update the first post, about the situation regarding this test build. We haven't heard a single word from you for a long time. People continue to post their test results, for no reason, with Koying's abandonment.

Or maybe give all the rest of us, who followed this thread from the very beginning, a good heads up, on what is the ACTUAL situation to all this mess.

Thanks.

To be fair, this build is excellent and I could quite happily use it forever, audio wise in any case. I'm not sure there's much else anyone can do on that front, although obviously I'll upgrade to anything Koying puts out. My only issues with the Shield now would be the minor picture quality ones which would be for a different forum presumably.
On the Jan. 10 build, on nvidia SHIELD, DTS works, DTS-HD works, Dolby TrueHD works, but not AC3.

My Denon AVR-S510BT just shows "Direct" when playing an AC3 soundtrack, and when I hit "pause", the sound stutters for maybe half a second, and when I resume, there's a very annoying (and loud) cracking sound, and the video seems to fast forward maybe a second or two. I also noticed there's a 200ms audio delay, which doesn't happen when playing other types of audio.

Here is a debug of that : http://www.xbmclogs.com/pa0i8gh5f

It gets interesting around line 5340 I think (pretty much where I paused the video, with debugging activated).

It seems my receiver isn't getting the passthrough stream, or else it would display Dolby Digital (and not simply "direct"). I noticed that when I hit pause, the receiver switches back its mode to PLII Music (Dolby ProLogic II) and when I resume, it goes back to "Direct", but I can see for half a second "Dolby Digital" on the display...
(2016-01-12, 12:24)Evanesco Wrote: [ -> ]Martijn :>

Thanks.

People argued. Koying left. More people left. Hardly a mess.

A proper implementation of HD audio is you guessed it, still coming in V17.

It's pretty obviously really.
(2016-01-12, 12:55)Evanesco Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-12, 12:43)querty1000 Wrote: [ -> ]

So what. He stopped further developing on the test build. The 10th nightly build has nothing to do with that.

He is talking about the pass through test build from 10th Jan, not the normal nightly.
Thanks a lot for your work Koying.

Quick test on Philips 8601 UHD android TV, software version QM151E.0.5.173.0
- AC3 is OK
- EAC3 is OK
- DTS is NOK (white noise)

When you play a movie, the volume jumps to 100%.
This is okay for PT devices like the shield, but annoying on MediaTek Android TV that are able to render themselves.
It would be great if the volume reset (to 100%) was optional.

Another bug: the first AC3 movie plays fine, but when I start another AC3 movie while the first one is still playing, it fails to lock and there is no sound anymore.