Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-02-21, 11:48)Novin Wrote: [ -> ]So I don't think I have the options you are referring to, there is no such setting under Audio output.

Problem is that it's easy to change the volume by mistake on the Shield remote, so often it happens even though I didn't intend to. Then I have to stop the video and restart to get it back to normal.

It's in the Android settings

Settings / System / Volume mode / Fixed output
Reason for this issue:

Since (!) Android v21: Android only supports AC3 via the API, the Rest is done "by hack", e.g. just sending IEC frames via PCM
Before: No passthrough at all (only hacks)

The solution android wants us to use:

1) Disable alle (!) passthrough on Android lower than version 21
2) Enable only AC3 on Android v21+
3) Enable AC3, DTS, DTSHD, EAC3 on level v23 and higher
(4) Use the latter on shield + v22, too)
5) For AMLogic check the values of the formats and change accordingly.

That means no DTS for everybody until Android v6 is released. Alternatively we leave it as is and don't touch the volume :-) (*)

(*) We let the volume handble by the OS as for TVs there is no separate volume, you need to change the TVs volume itself. Same for CEC keys and so on.
Exactly what @fritsch says Wink
(2016-02-21, 12:12)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-21, 11:48)Novin Wrote: [ -> ]So I don't think I have the options you are referring to, there is no such setting under Audio output.

Problem is that it's easy to change the volume by mistake on the Shield remote, so often it happens even though I didn't intend to. Then I have to stop the video and restart to get it back to normal.

It's in the Android settings

Settings / System / Volume mode / Fixed output

Ah, thanks. This is indeed a good setting since it so often doesn't work anyway (from other apps as well).
Hi all,

I used build:
- kodi-20160130-b2b09e8-adddroidPT-armeabi-v7a
- kodi-20160220-eb18fdf-adddroidPT-armeabi-v7a

DTS end DTS-MA working fine with Pioneer SC-LX75 AV

Problems i have with all builds when i use pass true ->bit streaming options in KODI :
- All mine DTS series (not movies?) 48KHz 24bit DTS stutter audio peak and then crash back to android screen.
- My DTS music WAV files playing a little bit to fast.
- CEC is not working like it suppose to do but with script.keymap-1.0.9 addon i can live with that.

When i don't use AV options in KODI my receiver says PCM it doesn't crash but i have no bit streaming....

I like to use shield TV as KODI media box but i still cant and have to switch back to my raspberry Pi 2 and Openelec.
The Rasp does the job nice but no DTS-MA and True HD options.
And the screen quality from shield is way better u don't have to be a expert to see thatSmile
All my media is 23.976

Any chance those problems got solved?
I have the same problem with DTS (tv series / HDTV) stuttering and crashing Kodi.
I first noticed this with the build from Feb 8 (never posted on first post of this thread).
I don't remember if I tried to play such a series with the build from Jan 30 though.

What's your problem with CEC? CEC did not work for my at all with the Pioneer VSX930, while it works with Onkyo HT-NR990 / TX-NR646.
Not all buttons are processed by the shield though, which has nothing to do with kodi.
Hello i have MXIII-G S812(Android 5.1.1) and final version KODI 16. I no have options
Quote:Number of channels: 2.0
Stereo upmix: checked
Maintain original volume on downmix: checked
Enable passthrough: checked
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: checked
Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding: NOT checked
Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver: checked
DTS capable receiver: checked
TrueHD capable receiver: checked
DTS-HD capable receiver: checked
I no have options
Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver:
TrueHD capable receiver:
DTS-HD capable receiver
What wrong?
And i checked Audio DSP,-->Kodi freez
(2016-02-21, 15:17)marski69 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I used build:

Problems i have with all builds when i use pass true ->bit streaming options in KODI :
- All mine DTS series (not movies?) 48KHz 24bit DTS stutter audio peak and then crash back to android screen.
- CEC is not working like it suppose to do but with script.keymap-1.0.9 addon i can live with that.

When i don't use AV options in KODI my receiver says PCM it doesn't crash but i have no bit streaming....

I like to use shield TV as KODI media box but i still cant and have to switch back to my raspberry Pi 2 and Openelec.
And the screen quality from shield is way better u don't have to be a expert to see thatSmile
All my media is 23.976

You got a sample of this DTS? Android's PT wrapper only accepts 16 bit DTS for the rest it stalls.
(2016-02-21, 16:43)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]

I used build:

All my media is 23.976

Any chance those problems got solved

You got a sample of this DTS? Android's PT wrapper only accepts 16 bit DTS for the rest it stalls.

i'm in the hospital now because my 3 months old kiddo is sick.
When i'm home i will do that asap.

file from usenet: Limitless.S01E14.1080p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv 2.777.749kB
(2016-02-21, 16:43)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]

I used build:

All my media is 23.976

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B25LBca...cslist_api

No issues with the nightlies playing this one, but getting the same crashes on the 16.0 release with Marshmallow.
Then, sadly I cannot help.

If Jarvis final is fine, nightly is fine, but the special Jarvis build has the issue - then please post debuglogs as they are only valid for this version in this thread and need special care.
Here is a log for a short sample: http://xbmclogs.com/p4uskgxpk
Quote:16:14:46 T:1112715776 DEBUG: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - AUDIOTRACK Initialized:
16:14:46 T:1112715776 DEBUG: Output Device : android
16:14:46 T:1112715776 DEBUG: Sample Rate : 377437
16:14:46 T:1112715776 DEBUG: Sample Format : UNKNOWN
16:14:46 T:1112715776 DEBUG: Channel Count : 2
16:14:46 T:1112715776 DEBUG: Channel Layout: FL,FR
16:14:46 T:1112715776 DEBUG: Frames : 4025
16:14:46 T:1112715776 DEBUG: Frame Samples : 8050
16:14:46 T:1112715776 DEBUG: Frame Size : 1

Something goes really wrong there, see the sample rate.
Hello everyone,

Im going to be a complete amatuer with my question,

I just downloaded the official Kodi 16.0 from the Google App Store on my Nvidia Shield, and i noticed its not supporting DTSHD

I see on here theirs different releases that seem to be non-related to Kodi builds,, were can i download A Kodi version that will work with DTSHD and how do i go about installing it ?
(2016-02-21, 20:05)atal1993 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,

Im going to be a complete amatuer with my question,

I just downloaded the official Kodi 16.0 from the Google App Store on my Nvidia Shield, and i noticed its not supporting DTSHD

I see on here theirs different releases that seem to be non-related to Kodi builds,, were can i download A Kodi version that will work with DTSHD and how do i go about installing it ?

Why not read the first post of this thread, everything you need to know is explained there.