Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-15, 01:41)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]In any case, I'd like to order a dedicated NUC to try... forgetting 4K for now, which would you pick if buying now? Probably get off Amazon so I can return more easily if no workie.

Or, take a chance w/this i3 refurb movie78 linked to in post #1? Worst case scenario: pay return shipping if it doesn't pan out.

I order refurb INUC DN2820 off eBay this afternoon, hope I get by end of the week..

Order the skylake NUC from Amazon, in worst case scenario its easy to return on Amazon,I think the blurriness could be something to do with my PJ or meBig Grin

The 5th Gen/6th NUC are going similar price,better offer to getting a 6th Gen.

PS:I return my Skylake to NewEgg because of the bad RAM, i am planning on getting it back once they get a good RAM bundle and i will test both the DN2820 and the Skylake...
Picture quality on the I3 Skylake CPU is perfect here, i'd chance the 6th gen nuc too
(2016-03-15, 01:33)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, tried that.

are you running 64 bit windows or 32 bit?
64-bit... should that matter? I know Kodi is 32-bit.

But, just ordered this, thanks to movie78.
(2016-03-15, 02:36)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]64-bit... should that matter? I know Kodi is 32-bit.

cant beat that price, i saw something about intel tru3d working only on 64 bit windows, not sure if it mattered or not, looks like a few are being sold as we speak, lol. you guys should be getting commissions from them ;-)
That seller actually accepted (an auto-accept, immediate) $70 + $12 if anyone else is interested... this tip is what I was thanking movie78 for as I'm a lousy bargainer.
You won't believe this. It actually works on my Dell 3D laptop (XPS L702X from 2011). It works on external display also (23.976Hz) with HD audio passthrough. My laptop screen is 120Hz. So it can do 60Hz 3D also. I only installed Intel Media SDK. I didn't even copy the dll file. I did check stereoscopic 3D in Windows resolution settings. Without that I wasn't getting the hardware based option.

In the picture you can see the green 3D indicator and also the two IR emitters for 3D glowing.

Here is the debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/pgnvqv7rn It is actually msdk software decoding.

Now the flood gate is wide open for 3D MVC on windows...
(2016-03-15, 02:36)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]64-bit... should that matter? I know Kodi is 32-bit.

Does it support dts hd?
(2016-03-15, 04:08)chadamir Wrote: [ -> ]

Does it support dts hd?

Yes this version does,but not new Intel Celeron Nuc N3050 ,Intel hasn't found a solution for Bitstream yet.

The Million Dollar question is will this satisfy hdmkv's "Fetish" for all things 3D ? Wink

It might be time to move onto Virtual Reality Hardware reviews if this fetish can be satiated !
(2016-03-15, 04:10)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-15, 04:08)chadamir Wrote: [ -> ]

Does it support dts hd?

Yes this version does,but not new Intel Celeron Nuc N3050 ,Intel hasn't found a solution for Bitstream yet.

What version of Windows and what driver do I need?
(2016-03-15, 04:43)chadamir Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-15, 04:10)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-15, 04:08)chadamir Wrote: [ -> ]Does it support dts hd?

Read this first,before you make your purchase.

I think windows 8/8.1/10 should be fine.
(2016-03-15, 04:53)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-15, 04:43)chadamir Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-15, 04:10)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes this version does,but not new Intel Celeron Nuc N3050 ,Intel hasn't found a solution for Bitstream yet.

Read this first,before you make your purchase.

I think windows 8/8.1/10 should be fine.

I read that you need to use the drivers from D34010WYK
I can confirm this build is working on Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Pentium 3 duo core 3 GHz and nVidia Geforce GT720 (recent drivers, certainly not the latest). Must set up 3D in nVidia control panel & I set resolution to 1080p @ 24 Hz. Once I did this I had "hardware-based" available in KODI settings. At first i got the green screen but I rebooted my HTPc for the heck of it, set it up again & holy crap, it worked.

KODI settings:
SETTINGS-SYSTEM-VIDEO OUTPUT:
display mode= full screen
delay= .5 seconds
3D mode/current = hardware based (for 3D GUI)
preferred mode = same as movie (hardware based also works)

SETTINGS-VIDEO-PLAYBACK
adjust refresh rate= stop/start
sync playback to display = on (I'm not using passthru as i don't have a 3D receiver so the HDMI output of the GT 720 is connected directly to my Samsung HDTV)
playback mode of 3d videos= preferred
disable 3D mode at end = unchecked (this keeps the GUI in 3D mode when the movie starts)

SETTINGS-VIDEO-ACCELERATION
render = DXVA
enable HQ scalers above = 20%
allow HW ACC DXVA 2 - checked
decode 3D files = checked

I can also attest to the better video quality. It is a bit better than my KD LINKS HD 720. It renders details better. Testing chapter 1 of ANT MAN I can see better facial details. The HD720 renders faces with a slightly more pasty quality.

I couldn't test HD audio passthru because i don't have a 3D receiver. I also noticed a loss of audio sync on some chapter skips. But those are nit picks. This is a very promising advancement for KODI.