Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well one of the newer NUC's is what you're looking for then. Full 3D and HD audio bitstreaming.... I'll be buying as soon as this is part of kodi mainline.

I choose ISO as I wanted to keep menus etc (currently use PowerDVD and for certain movies enjoy special features). There is some movies in my collection that I'd happily drop to "just" main movie though I've never ripped a 3D bluray.

Had been looking at the Pi myself as I'm not sure having the little lights on my AVR versus having kodi decode HD audio was a worthy trade off for having to use an external player with kodi.
(2016-03-02, 01:32)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-02, 00:44)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-01, 22:55)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]So Ive Bridge or Skylake CPU should work?

Looking something a little bit less expensive.

For a quick test until I get the 3rd Gen Intel, what I'm I suppose to do to get my AMD FX 8350 to work?
1. yes they should work.
2. with AMD CPU only sowfware decoding is possible and you need software implementation of the mvc decoder https://www.dropbox.com/s/xka0cd3oz79bzf...v1.7z?dl=0 (need to extract this to root Kodi folder)

Is this the correct place to extract the file C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\libmfxsw32.dll

No, put it into the kodi program files directory.
(2016-03-02, 01:35)Nelbert Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-02, 01:32)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-02, 00:44)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]1. yes they should work.
2. with AMD CPU only sowfware decoding is possible and you need software implementation of the mvc decoder https://www.dropbox.com/s/xka0cd3oz79bzf...v1.7z?dl=0 (need to extract this to root Kodi folder)

Is this the correct place to extract the file C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\libmfxsw32.dll

No, put it into the kodi program files directory.

Thanks!

AMD Test

This is what 3D looks on 2D monitor.

Is that normal?
Well 3D is really just (for the display) two 1920 X 1080 stacked on top with a gap between so I guess that's what the 2d version might look like.... Not sure what is the point without it being a 3D display.
Just a quick test and playing around with for now until my buy Intel NUC.
What Intel NUC are you buying?
If you already have it working on your current setup,can you please do a quick video demo?

Thanks!
@afedchin. just found this thread install your latest test file but having problem some 3d iso play but some just start then stop and crash kodi. I have a Panasonic plasma display vt 25. on the Epson 5025ub it wont enable the 3d mode. I suspect this to be beacause when I check the refresh rate it is showing up has 23hz and it wont alow me to change it. anyway I am using a nucd54250.Intel® HD Graphics 5000

Report Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Report Time [hh:mmConfuseds]: 9:27:44 PM
Driver Version: 20.19.15.4331
Operating System: Windows* 10 Pro (10.0.10586)
Default Language: English (United States)
Physical Memory: 8088 MB
Vendor ID: 8086
Device ID: 0A26
Device Revision: 09
Graphics Output Protocol (GOP) Version: 5.0.1037
Current Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4250U CPU @ 1.30GHz
Processor Speed: 1896 MHz
Processor Graphics in Use: Intel® HD Graphics 5000
Shader Version: 5.0
OpenGL* Version: 4.3
OpenCL* Version: 1.2

* Microsoft DirectX* *
Runtime Version: 12.0
Hardware-Supported Version: 11.1. any help would be appreciated thanks
(2016-03-02, 01:01)Dave the Minion Wrote: [ -> ]1. Everything mentioned up to my first post only mentions MVC in ISO format, not MKV. Hence why I asked if MKV also works. I have no idea how ISO identifies it's format including which eye to show first as all my movies are in MVC MKV format with the stereo mode field of the header set to properly identify the format.

2. The question isn't about what Kodi can do with SBS/TAB or even MVC. It's about the HDMI driver signal telling the attached display which 3D format is being sent so the display will switch automatically to properly show the content in the proper 3D mode.

Kodi does not tell a display to switch to SBS/TAB when using those formats and Kodi's internal processing for them. You have to either manually switch your display to the proper setting or have a display with built in detection that will analyze the signal for a few seconds then figure out it's getting SBS or TAB or whatever and switch on it's own. Neither are appropriate options when trying to create a home cinema experience and some displays, projector's specifically, lack the analogizing feature.

Hence why I mention small devices which use hardware decoding already and also send the information require by the display to automatically switch the display to the proper playback mode including SBS/TAB. On the Pi I hit play on a MVC MKV movie and Kodi plays the movies while the Pi decodes the stream and the projector changes to frame packed 3D playback mode. I just sit back and eat popcorn. IF the material is SBS I do the same. If it's MVC right eye first, I do the same (after making sure the MKV header is set properly). I don't need Kodi naming conventions to do this (3d.sbs.etc). It all works with playlists as created by CinemaVision to play multiple files in a row in various formats. All I do, after prepping the files before scraping into Kodi, is press play.

Also, is the framepacked video working with bitstream HD audio? For those wanting Atmos/dts:x?

I've only just discovered this thread and information and haven't yet been able to test any of it for myself. It sounds promising and could be the answer I've been searching a long time for. Crossing my fingers.
1. Oki, just leave formats as is Smile
2. Since Jarvis release the Kodi for Windows is able to switch the display to HDMI frame packing. Just a few requirements: Win8 and later, WDDM 1.2 video driver, 3D-capable display, DirectX 10 capable and higher video hardware, Enable Stereo 3D settings for all supported displays should be enabled in Windows Control Panel (see more http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=218274)

If your hardware complies requirements listed above then you will be able to watch any 3D content in same way as you watch it on RPi. Just watching and eating popcorn Smile

(2016-03-02, 01:48)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]AMD Test

Is that normal?
Yes, it's normal for 2D display. To make sure what MVC decoder is used open CodecInfo window (press 'O' key) and look at the decoder name. The decoder name should be msdk-mvc.

(2016-03-02, 05:11)bdreams Wrote: [ -> ]@afedchin. just found this thread install your latest test file but having problem some 3d iso play but some just start then stop and crash kodi. I have a Panasonic plasma display vt 25. on the Epson 5025ub it wont enable the 3d mode. I suspect this to be beacause when I check the refresh rate it is showing up has 23hz and it wont alow me to change it. anyway I am using a nucd54250.Intel® HD Graphics 5000
If you have an ISO which Kodi is unable to play, please mount your ISO then archive all directories from ISO except STREAMS folder. And send me the archive. It will be about 10 Mb. Thanks.
(2016-03-02, 09:55)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]1. Oki, just leave formats as is Smile
2. Since Jarvis release the Kodi for Windows is able to switch the display to HDMI frame packing. Just a few requirements: Win8 and later, WDDM 1.2 video driver, 3D-capable display, DirectX 10 capable and higher video hardware, Enable Stereo 3D settings for all supported displays should be enabled in Windows Control Panel (see more http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=218274)

If your hardware complies requirements listed above then you will be able to watch any 3D content in same way as you watch it on RPi. Just watching and eating popcorn Smile

Working on this right now. I downloaded and installed the Intel driver previously mentioned in this thread and the Kodi test build linked before. Set-up the HTPC display settings for 3D and enabled the stereoscopic mode in Kodi to Hardware Based.

3D MVC MKV files playback. BUT not perfectly. Some playback just fine though can have issues when skipping chapter where everything freezes. Some playback ok and skip fine but the video stutters. Some won't playback at all and either just freeze and I have to stop playback or outright crash Kodi.

Kodi/HDMI driver does trigger the projector to switch to the correct 3D mode but when stopping the playback the projector stays in 3D mode until I properly exit Kodi.

The only big flag I can see when playing back a file that's not working well is in the audio lines of the codec on-screen info. The second line aq normally runs 97-99% but anytime a file hangs or crashes this aq% quickly drops to 0. I've tried a few audio settings but nothing seems to resolve the issue.

Audio should be set to WASAPI and passthrough to a full HD receiver. Could it be an audio issue causing these playback problems? The audio driver was the Realtech HD driver and worked fine before. Now it's the Intel driver. The receiver does get the HD passthrough audio.

Is there anything I've missed or setting I need to check out?

Machine is Windows 10, i3. Is WDDM 1.2 video driver for Win10 as well and is it needed?

I'm close but not quite there yet.
the stuttering video is veeery likely related to you CPU not being strong enough to decode MVC in software. My i5 2,4 GHz is also struggling with that.
(2016-03-02, 10:46)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]the stuttering video is veeery likely related to you CPU not being strong enough to decode MVC in software. My i5 2,4 GHz is also struggling with that.

I'm not decoding MVC in software. It's hardware based. Through the HDMI driver. I have no desire to ever use software to decode MVC. That's why I use a $35 Raspberry Pi to play 3D until I found this thread saying the GPU will do the same thing.

If you are using software decoding and have the proper hardware capable of doing hardware decoding you need to be looking at that. Software decoding is a TERRIBLE option.
Post your Debug Log ...
(2016-03-02, 10:13)Dave the Minion Wrote: [ -> ]3D MVC MKV files playback. BUT not perfectly. Some playback just fine though can have issues when skipping chapter where everything freezes. Some playback ok and skip fine but the video stutters. Some won't playback at all and either just freeze and I have to stop playback or outright crash Kodi.
consider also that the version which I linked above is based on Kodi Kryphon which is Alpha and may contain bugs. The issue looks like issue I faced on my test system and it's related to audio engine issue I think.

(2016-03-02, 10:13)Dave the Minion Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi/HDMI driver does trigger the projector to switch to the correct 3D mode but when stopping the playback the projector stays in 3D mode until I properly exit Kodi.
Do you use Kodi in full screen window? If so it's known issue of exiting from 3D stereo mode in windowed application. Try in true full screen mode.

(2016-03-02, 10:13)Dave the Minion Wrote: [ -> ]Machine is Windows 10, i3. Is WDDM 1.2 video driver for Win10 as well and is it needed?
IIRC win10 has WDDM2.0 drivers.
(2016-03-02, 09:55)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-02, 01:01)Dave the Minion Wrote: [ -> ][quote='movie78' pid='2265400' dateline='1456876106']
AMD Test

Is that normal?
Yes, it's normal for 2D display. To make sure what MVC decoder is used open CodecInfo window (press 'O' key) and look at the decoder name. The decoder name should be msdk-mvc.

You are correct, Once i disable Decode the stereo from 3D files,the movie plays in 2D and by press O shows msdk-mvc
(2016-03-02, 11:17)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-02, 10:13)Dave the Minion Wrote: [ -> ]3D MVC MKV files playback. BUT not perfectly. Some playback just fine though can have issues when skipping chapter where everything freezes. Some playback ok and skip fine but the video stutters. Some won't playback at all and either just freeze and I have to stop playback or outright crash Kodi.
consider also that the version which I linked above is based on Kodi Kryphon which is Alpha and may contain bugs. The issue looks like issue I faced on my test system and it's related to audio engine issue I think.

(2016-03-02, 10:13)Dave the Minion Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi/HDMI driver does trigger the projector to switch to the correct 3D mode but when stopping the playback the projector stays in 3D mode until I properly exit Kodi.
Do you use Kodi in full screen window? If so it's known issue of exiting from 3D stereo mode in windowed application. Try in true full screen mode.

(2016-03-02, 10:13)Dave the Minion Wrote: [ -> ]Machine is Windows 10, i3. Is WDDM 1.2 video driver for Win10 as well and is it needed?
IIRC win10 has WDDM2.0 drivers.

An issue with the audio is what I was thinking was the issue. The Intel driver overrode the Realtech that was there before and working fine. I've tried to re-install RealTech but it's such a pain to get it to override the current codec. Do you have this ll running on your system yet or still a work in progress? If it's woeking, is there anything else to configure in the settings?

Another issue is I had to change from my custom skin to Confluence and now I can't change back. I have no idea why. It just reverts back to Confluence immediately when I choose the other skin but the other skin was fine after I did the initial install.

I'm using Kodi in Windowed mode so I'll try putting it in full screen.

Because I'm also using this HTPC for 3D and well everything the staying in 3D mode is a bit of a pain as it puts the HTPC in 3D mode, not just Kodi and I can't find a way to make it switch.

I also use the CinemaVision addon that plays a couple types of 3D videos in a playlist. What's happening is the videos are playing in 3D but the SBS videos end up being vertically compressed. Also had an issue just playing a TAB video and it was horizontally squeezed. So things are happeneing, even if they are odd.
(2016-03-02, 11:59)Dave the Minion Wrote: [ -> ]Another issue is I had to change from my custom skin to Confluence and now I can't change back. I have no idea why. It just reverts back to Confluence immediately when I choose the other skin but the other skin was fine after I did the initial install.
This has to be a Krypton issue as the same thing happened to me with the Pi2 using one of the latest Milhouse builds (actually I tried a few with the same issue). I couldn't switch back to Madnox so I went back to 0118 lol.
The skin is not the only reason I downgraded, I also had other issues.