Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is Kodi 17's Video player downloadable as seperate android app?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I had some trouble playing back a recording on Kodi 16 on android 4.4. and noticed that it played perfectly on Kodi 17, android lollipop.
I think it must be due to the new Video Player.
Unfortunately, my androidbox doesn't get an upgrade to android 5. I guess that most owners of an androidbox will have the same problem.

Therefore my question:
Is Kodi 17's Video player downloadable as a seperate android app? Perhaps we could use Kodi 16, android 4.4 and Videoplayer as external player (if it works on android 4.4).

Wim
Nope.
Too bad, but thanks for the quick response.
if you could be more specific as to which android box you have there is a chance that you can flash a custom rom.
I have the Tronsmart s89-H, but as far as I know there's no custom rom with Android lollipop. I checked Freaktab.
yeah - not sure about that. next time I would buy a device from a larger company that has the ability to provide support long term and not do a cash grab. see nvidia, wetek
Yes, thought about that too. Support ended pretty quick for the tronsmart, sadly.

What about minix? They are supposed to have better support. Or is that the same level as tronsmart?

Thanks for the suggestions.
(2016-09-22, 15:20)bry- Wrote: [ -> ]yeah - not sure about that. next time I would buy a device from a larger company that has the ability to provide support long term and not do a cash grab. see nvidia, wetek

@ Bry: why the wetek? Better support? Not more expensive than tronsmart or minix. Unfortunately also amlogic. That wouldn't be my first choice anymore.
Sorry, didn't see you reply #8. Thanks for the link.