Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Grey bars in widescreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this but I have been using kodi on my Amazon fire stick fine but today films in wide screen have grey rather than black are top & bottom. When watching in 4:3 the bars left & right are black & watching wide screen films on my bluray player has normal black bars. Anyone else experienced this? Haven't tried a full reinstall yet. & its with confluence build.
This may be an easy fix, but can't seem to find it. I used to watch movies and a black bar showed up on the top and bottom. For some reason those bars are now gray and I'd like to change them back to black.

Please help.

Turbozzz
Yes, I discovered the same thing today on my player. I hate it because when I turn off the lights the grey bar is still bright and takes away from the movie/show.

Using Amazon Fire TV to run and Kodi 16.1
Sounds like a color space issue.
Try turning on or off 'Use limited color range (16-235)' in settings.
(2016-11-27, 02:15)brazen1 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a color space issue.
Try turning on or off 'Use limited color range (16-235)' in settings.

Good luck. Nobody has implemented this for Android yet.
I'm seeing this too - and it's particularly odd because it seems to have started today (had black bars yesterday) -- Has something changed overnight last night (Sat 26th Nov)?

I've tried all sorts of things on the TV thinking it might be a setting there, but no, it is definitely a Kodi thing.
I thought I was the only one -- I'm, getting this on Kodi on an Amazon Firestick. It was fine until today (Sunday 27th) -- not sure if there was an update overnight... Anyway, I'd like a setting to make it black again.
I've merged the two threads together as we don't need two side by side talking about the same thing.
Where are you guys getting your sources from ? Are your movies local or from some add-on ?
From an addon. Tried several. I even updated Kodi to 17... So I suspect the Amazon fire stick might be the problem.
(2016-11-27, 19:21)warmtoe Wrote: [ -> ]From an addon. Tried several. I even updated Kodi to 17... So I suspect the Amazon fire stick might be the problem.

I suspect the add-on(s) might be the problem. Try playing a local source and see if the issue persists.
Good thought... I'll try that.
(2016-11-27, 19:21)warmtoe Wrote: [ -> ]From an addon. Tried several. I even updated Kodi to 17... So I suspect the Amazon fire stick might be the problem.

Which add-ons, dare one ask?
Did anyone find a solution to this?
Silence usually means it's the (mystery) add-on
Pages: 1 2