Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IGR - in game reset (in XBMC, like EvoX?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
try holding: l and r triggers along with start and back. should bring you back to dash.
i just couldn't figure out the way to perform "in game reset" by using the dvd remote; just like we could do that from regular game controler.

any thoughts? what are the button combinations?

thanks,
salado
do you know of any games that are remote aware? - i don't.
secondly, igr is a bios feature, and it's they who must add this support (if it's even possible)
i don't quite see the problem(?). both me and my friend use xbmc as dashboard and we both make igr work. i have a fairly old version of xecuter 2 and my friend got the newest 5035 version, and it works on both the xboxes.
@granulf, you must understand the nature of i.g.r. (in game reset) to know why what you are asking is not (and probebely never will be supported):
igr is what is called a "tsrs" program, that means it is loaded into a protected area (a.k.a. persistent memory) of the ram (random access memory) and stays there. igr is not a large program, instead it kind-of 'patches' (or hacks) the existing game-pad library which is loaded in all xbox-games made with the xdk (microsoft xbox software development kit) (it is loaded becuase the game uses it), the igr code reads all the pressed buttons via that library when igr detecteds that the pre-programmed combination has been pressed it executes the reboot sequence. now since no xbox-games has the ir-remote library from the xdk included it can not be patched/hacked the same way, ...but even if it some games had the ir-remote library from the xdk included and loaded the existing igr function has not been programmed/designed to use it so it would not work for you now anyway. please read this entire topic thread to learn more about igr, especially before asking any more questions which will make you seem ignorant (or lazy for not researching the things you ask about first).

ps! xbmc has no built-in support for igr anyway so this isn't a xbmc question anyhow, (igr code exists in xecuter bios and evox dashboard only)!
i'm wondering if there is any way to during a game quit to xbmc without restarting the xbox? is there a key combination or something else? i've tried to search the internet and forums about this question but with no matches.
i'm using xbmc as my default dashboard and the games are on the hdd.
i am using xbmc as default startup, but then igr doesnt work. does anyone know a solution to this?
it doesn't work cause its not there (no igr in xbmc)
use a bios with igr support.

moved to the right forum and please do a search before starting a new thread. there are many threads about igr. Smile
can someone please tell me how do you exit from a game and return back to xbmc.

currently i am having to turn the xbox off and on again
has nothing to do with xbmc
modchips have something called igr, in game reset.
search for it.
hey guys,

i am trying to enable the feature that allows me return to the xbmc dashboard while playing one of my games, without haveing to restart the xbox. is this possbile and how do i do it? on my friends xbox, he pushes left trigger, right trigger and both anolog buttons, this does not work on mine. so what do i do. as always thanks guys
hello

i have previously been using evox as my dashboard and xbmc as an app. i would like to use xbmc as my dashboard, however when xbmc is the dash i cannot perform an ingame reset (igr - both triggers, back, and start).

i think this is because my bios does not support igr, and i believe the reason it worked before was because evox has a built in igr feature itself.

my question is, does the same thing exist for xbmc? or does anyone have any ideas what i could do? i love the idea of having xbmc as my dashboard... but i need the reset ability Image

thanks
have you considered updating your bios to one of the versions that support igr.

i use the x2 4977 (pretty old ) but works very well for me.

/sanjay

i think it would be sweet if XBMC featured an inprogram IGR/E so like you put in a certain button combination and it resets the game and if you put in a different button combo and it will exit the game straight to XBMC, so you could watch a movie or play a different game. well thats just my two cents
completely unneccessary and bad idea.
the only program which implements IGR is Evox. the way that it does this causes innumberable problems with other programs such as XBMC.
further, every BIOS that any normal mod user is running already has IGR built into it. if we already have this feature at the BIOS level, why does it "need" to be added to XBMC?
all you need to do is make XBMC your default dashboard.
if you are still using Evox, you should look at something newer, pretty much every other dashboard out there is better.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7