Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No subtitle options? (offset, language, color,...)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm kind of puzzled...isn't there any way to change the offset, language, color of subtitles in Kodi/Aeon Nox??
Thanks from a clueless noob Huh
Chumbo
In System-->Player-->Language you can find the subtitle options.
Great! thanks, it's all there in fact but...isn't there any way to have these tools/options available from the player? That means every time I want to adjust something with the subtitles, I would have to stop the movie, click +-5 times to get to that menu, make adjustments, go back to the movie, play, see the result and eventually have to do the same thing all over again if I want further adjustments?

If so, is this something that is a Kodi limitation or a skin limitation? Is it possible to get a quicker access to these subtitle options from another skin?
I agree it should be accessible from the player settings, but unfortunately that has to be coded in core. What you could do is map a button on your remote, or manually add to favourites.xml the following code:
Code:
ActivateWindow(playersettings,language)
Too bad! Sad
But I'll try your workaround, thanks.

What I forgot to mention in my reply was that, actually the main feature I was looking for is missing completely: offsetting of subtitles! That's such an essential tool. Damn! I sold my Popcorn Hour thinking Kodi was going to be that, and a whole lot more. I certainly didn't expect to actually be missing something this important. Oh well...maybe in a future update...
Cheers,
Offset is available in audio settings from the player and can be mapped to a button as well
AWESOME! Thanks, that's perfect Smile
And I was glad to see there's also audio offset too Wink