Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot Download Kodi on M8 box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1st of all I am a novice and was trying to follow instruction on Youtube.

I had an older version of Kodi (14.1 I think) and wanted to upgrade. I uninstalled the older Kodi. I downloaded the Android "ARMV7A and ARMV8A" from the Release version. I downloaded both versions. I did this from the browser and also tried it off a USB stick. When I try to install it, I get a error message something about "not the right PAK" or something to that effect. I can post actual message if you need it. Can you help?

I do have an older download of 15.1 version as well. I CAN install that but not sure how to get all the add on there.

Please help! Thanks!!
What version of android does it run?
(2017-06-09, 04:44)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]What version of android does it run?

Do you mean the M8? How do I check?
Settings > About > Android version.

If it's not at least version 5 you are not going to be able to install Kodi v17.
(2017-06-09, 16:07)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]Settings > About > Android version.

If it's not at least version 5 you are not going to be able to install Kodi v17.

I am guessing I can check the version of my box under settings

What are my options if I have an older version box?
Yes, that's what I said. All devices are the same and your Android version can be found under Settings > About.

If your device is running an older version of Android, just install Kodi v16 which can be found by going to the Download page and scrolling down to "Older versions".
I did have an older version of android.
Options:

Stick to kodi 16.x

Hassle your vendor for android 5

Look on the independent build sites for a version 5 rom

Get a new machine.
(2017-06-11, 07:49)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Options:

Stick to kodi 16.x

Hassle your vendor for android 5

Look on the independent build sites for a version 5 rom

Get a new machine.

I have the same problem I have an old MX Box duel core.I have tried various kodi builds including 16. I have gone back to 14.3 as I experience lots of problems with any higher. if you look on you tube you will find plenty of builds that still run well on this version. I think as most boxs now run quad core or higher my old two core runs to slow to be compatible with any higher versions.
Should anyone know any way I can improve this please let me know Thanks....!
Please read post 9
Please don't mention builds again
Please read the rules
(2017-06-11, 13:05)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Please read post 9
Please don't mention builds again
Please read the rules

Cheers sorry about that...!