Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kaster - A chromecast-like screensaver for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I have a problem with Kaster: if I toch my remote when kaster starts but before the first image is show (there is a dim effect before the image is shown) then the dim stops, kodi returns but then the image is displayed anyway and the only way to get back control is to kill kodi. I love kaster so I hope an update will fix it.
(2018-03-02, 16:55)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]v1.2.1 2/3/2018
- update spanish translation (tks roliversc)
- Clock font for eminence skin

Pull request: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/799

Had the same problem with the Aura skin. Applied the same fix and it worked: https://github.com/enen92/screensaver.kaster/pull/12
Im having the clock position issue too on (fuse)neue. Running kodi 18, 18.1 and now 18.2. Kaster auto updated the other day to 1.2.7 but still same issue. 
Hello, 
I really love the look of this screensaver, it makes my tv look so great esspecially when company is around. But the issue it that I seem to have a problem with the screensaver not closing.

What will happen is that if the screensaver comes up it takes over a minute for the screensaver to close or go away. I can hear the navigation noises but not see anything for around a minute so it seems like the screensaver is frozen. I am frustrated because other screensavers do not do this and its also challenging to reproduce. ti think it has a bit to do with how long its inactive for also.
Hi,
Thank you for making this screensaver.
Would you be able to tune down the requests to the several lh#.googleusercontent.com servers? My pihole is recording on average 250,000 requests in a day.

Thank you,
@enen92 
Thanks for the beautiful screensaver, I'm really enjoying it.
I've modified the json from the google art extension to work with Kaster, if you're interested in adding some art sources. I didn't change your code at all, just quickly modified the art json to work.  Changed "creator" to "photographer", "title" to "location", "image" to "url", then deleted all the unused info. I did make a small change to your language file: from "Photo by" to just "by".
Original art json
Modified art json

I dropped my modified art json in as the chromecast.json and all seems to be well.

Cheers.
Found out you could get higher res images if you added =s1200 to the end of the url, so I've altered the modified art.json accordingly.  Looks much better on the larger livingroom tv.
(2019-07-06, 01:49)Midknightdesign Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Thank you for making this screensaver.
Would you be able to tune down the requests to the several lh#.googleusercontent.com servers? My pihole is recording on average 250,000 requests in a day.

Thank you,
The default settings fetch an image every 30 seconds.  I'd say what you want is to fetch a new image every 5 mins, so changing the setting to 300 seconds should do.
Request:

Kaster Images as Homescreen-Backgrounds.

Would it be possible to add a option to run Kaster in the background (may as a service), + provide a path which could be used as Homescreen-Background? (/ used within the "texture"-tag in a "image"- or "multiimage"-Control)

The Idea would be to have some sort of Setting i.e.: "Skin.SetBool(Kaster.EnableBackgroundsService)" or "RunAddon", which would allow Skins to start Kaster (in the background), and show the Images as Homescreen-Background via Path.

Regards.
(2019-05-24, 12:11)PimpTwzt Wrote: [ -> ]Im having the clock position issue too on (fuse)neue. Running kodi 18, 18.1 and now 18.2. Kaster auto updated the other day to 1.2.7 but still same issue. 
I have same problem.
Really great screansaver! Looks stunning! But I have a minor problem. WHen SS works for some time (30 min or more) processor temperature is rising
and  thermometer icon appeares on Raspberry PI which means the processor is too hot.
Hey, I really like this Addon and the effort that went in it, but the DNS requests it sends every day is just bananas. It sends over 300.000 (!) requests to lh*.googleusercontent.com every day (per device), and I have two devices. This puts heavy load on the DNS Server. 
I think this also explains the problem @znemo has described in the post above mine from march.
(2020-06-06, 10:19)D-m-x Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I really like this Addon and the effort that went in it, but the DNS requests it sends every day is just bananas. It sends over 300.000 (!) requests to lh*.googleusercontent.com every day (per device), and I have two devices. This puts heavy load on the DNS Server. 
I think this also explains the problem @znemo has described in the post above mine from march.

I don't use the addon anymore, but if someone wants to try to fix the issue and submit a PR, I have opened a issue with the possible fix: https://github.com/enen92/screensaver.kaster/issues/18
(2019-06-25, 04:47)ketterer Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, 
I really love the look of this screensaver, it makes my tv look so great esspecially when company is around. But the issue it that I seem to have a problem with the screensaver not closing.

What will happen is that if the screensaver comes up it takes over a minute for the screensaver to close or go away. I can hear the navigation noises but not see anything for around a minute so it seems like the screensaver is frozen. I am frustrated because other screensavers do not do this and its also challenging to reproduce. ti think it has a bit to do with how long its inactive for also.
Same issue for me as well. On LibreElec RPI4. After several hours, the screensaver do not anymore leave even if I can hear the navigation keys typed. => Hard reset. Not always reproducible
For anyone having issues with high CPU usage, DNS flooding, or Kaster not closing properly. Try the latest version 1.3.5 which has removed all the no longer available Google images which was causing Kaster to perform thousands of retries.
It also adds lots of new images, and the option to select higher definition images. (When selecting Google images only in the option menu)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6