Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with Kodi on two extended monitors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two monitors in extended mode (Windows 7). The secondary is a TV connected by HDMI to HTPC. I want Kodi always boot on the TV.

The problem is that if I turn off the TV before Kodi shutdown or starts Kodi before turning on the TV, he always goes to the main monitor (which is always on) and I have to go to System Settings, Display, Display Mode to put it in fullscreen on the secondary monitor.

Is it possible to fix Kodi to a certain monitor?

Thanks.
Quote:or starts Kodi before turning on the TV
If your system has (at that time) no knowledge of the availability of your TV, how can it move/start Kodi to that TV?

Kodi has options for which monitor to work on in the System / Video output section. Yet if the TV is still not connected/turned on, that might still fail.
You might have a bit of luck with this wiki Displays (wiki) check the pin #19 solution and here's a bit of homework https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158432
You can also download eventghost. You program it so when your PC sees the TV is connected, it will move kodi over to that screen.
Thanks for answers.
Eventghost was the solution for me. Sometimes it fails but works reasonably well.
Glad it worked out for you!