Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thx that was it. I was confused that the Flags disappeared when updating. Now i have the % Progress VIew back. Finally, thank you!
(2020-07-12, 14:46)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@RB0135
The menu bar and title colors have their own settings independent from the theme.
Thanks @latts9923

I thought that might be the case, but wanted to make sure in case I had a corrupted theme.
Has anyone got a working Skin Helper in PVR?
Haven't been on here in awhile. Delighted to see @latts9923 still pumping out the updates. Legendary.

Looking to upgrade to Raspberry Pi 4. Anyone test the performance of this mod on the rpi4 such as moving through menus and artwork loading?
(2020-07-14, 22:49)the_bo Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't been on here in awhile. Delighted to see @latts9923 still pumping out the updates. Legendary.

Looking to upgrade to Raspberry Pi 4. Anyone test the performance of this mod on the rpi4 such as moving through menus and artwork loading?
I've got the Pi4 with 4gb ram and SD extreme pro micro SD. It's running LibreElec and I'll be honest I'm not impressed with it at all
(2020-07-14, 15:32)AleksandarLS Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone got a working Skin Helper in PVR?
No I have tried with no success. Aeon MQ skins are on the whole excellent however I feel the PVR section really is not good enough.
(2020-07-12, 14:46)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@RB0135
The menu bar and title colors have their own settings independent from the theme.

@mataus19
The "HIDE TV SHOW INFO" is working for me in KodiFlixTV. I'll take a look at the fanart shadow. Make sure you have the setting "PUT PROGRESS INFORMATION IN VIEW" is enabled in Skin Settings.

@therev
The watched flags are working for me. Make sure you have the setting "PUT PROGRESS INFORMATION IN VIEW" is enabled in Skin Settings as well as the setting "WATCHED LABEL" enabled in the Top Menu.
I've fixed the watched status problem by enabling the "PUT PROGRESS INFORMATION IN VIEW". Thanks!
I am in the middle part of the setup stage of building Mq8 multi-mod and I've run into some issues varying from minor to major and some wants as well, I've made a list below, looking for some assistance with 

1. Disc art in wall view - No matter what setting is set in the context menu of the wall view Disc art always comes out the top of the case, I prefer it to the right as it was in mq7 
Cases on the far right side produce this result 

2. There is a square that is not visible on screen, but whenever i go into this area of the screen this square will appear (Don't even have to click, just move the cursor there) the view will instantly change to Shelf3Dv2, no matter what view I am currently in.

3. In wall view, I would think enabling logos or clearart should make logo's visible here...I've never seen this work in mq7 before either, but according to the view/settings menu that's the way i think it should be; why does this not work this way

4.Flags and cases - It seems that there are tags set for differentiation between DVD, web rip, and blue ray only. I'm looking for a solution for situations where i have lesser quality movies and be able to identify them easily by case; for example I have the VHS tag set for movies that are in 360p. Basically I want to incorporate different colored cases for other tags that i have set. I use Tiny Media Manager to set video tags to movie quality. 

5. This is a weird issue, I think may be a bug, If i use the mouse at any point in time on this screen to navigate to the video library 
Then i am not able to select anything or even move the selector via mouse or keyboard to select an item on this screen 
The workaround i have for the moment is to exit this screen via the backspace key, then use the keyboard and select the Videos menu using enter and using the arrow keys navigate to the library i want to select. It works, but it's really annoying having to do that. 

Any help with any of these is appreciated. Let me know if i need to expand or provide additional examples.
@Shredder_guitar 

Not sure about all your points, but #5, I would like to mention I have that issue constantly, on 2 different setups. That is, nothing responds except backspace, and it is so annoying. I think it happens when the view looses control (maybe something in the background) then never regains focus after whatever occurs in the background but I also notice if I scroll too fast through the options (menu or shown videos/tvshows) it occurs as well. I've learnt to scroll more slowly and I don't get the issue.
(2020-07-20, 11:19)RB0135 Wrote: [ -> ]@Shredder_guitar 

Not sure about all your points, but #5, I would like to mention I have that issue constantly, on 2 different setups. That is, nothing responds except backspace, and it is so annoying. I think it happens when the view looses control (maybe something in the background) then never regains focus after whatever occurs in the background but I also notice if I scroll too fast through the options (menu or shown videos/tvshows) it occurs as well. I've learnt to scroll more slowly and I don't get the issue.

So you're saying this isn't a skin issue then? If not that's ok, I'm just simply trying to achieve a visible glitch free build (yes, i know this maybe a laughable goal with the time frame that new versions are pushed out, but it's what I'm aiming for)
Any help with the other issues, that I'm pretty certain are skin issues is appreciated.
Is the disc art animation broken for anyone else like this? Or the logos in the upper left corner of the wall view?
(2020-07-20, 15:01)Shredder_guitar Wrote: [ -> ]

So you're saying this isn't a skin issue then? If not that's ok, I'm just simply trying to achieve a visible glitch free build (yes, i know this maybe a laughable goal with the time frame that new versions are pushed out, but it's what I'm aiming for)
Any help with the other issues, that I'm pretty certain are skin issues is appreciated.
Is the disc art animation broken for anyone else like this? Or the logos in the upper left corner of the wall view?
Hi @Shredder_guitar 

Yes, I prefer a perfect experience too.

I have only experienced your issue #5 with this skin. I did not experience it with MQ7 or other skins, so, I am saying "it is" a skin issue. But, I don't think any work is being done on the base MQ8, apart from the excellent work that @latts9923 is putting into the mods. 

One issue I had, I was told could not be done (have the main menu like MQ7). Well, it can, but I did it myself.. Modded the mod so to speak. Maybe you might have to delve into the code (all xml) to fix issues you are having.
(2020-07-21, 00:09)RB0135 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi @Shredder_guitar 

I have only experienced your issue #5 with this skin. I did not experience it with MQ7 or other skins, so, I am saying "it is" a skin issue. But, I don't think any work is being done on the base MQ8, apart from the excellent work that @latts9923 is putting into the mods. 

One issue I had, I was told could not be done (have the main menu like MQ7). Well, it can, but I did it myself.. Modded the mod so to speak. Maybe you might have to delve into the code (all xml) to fix issues you are having.
I also did not experience it with the backspace issue with the MQ7 mod. What did you alter to to make the main menu centered? I would prefer this also, but it wasn't a priority to me as it was not broken.
(2020-07-21, 00:09)RB0135 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi @Shredder_guitar 

I also did not experience it with the backspace issue with the MQ7 mod. What did you alter to to make the main menu centered? I would prefer this also, but it wasn't a priority to me as it was not broken. I agree that this is a pretty great mod skin, probably the most elaborate I've seen which is why it's become important to me to sort out all issues with it for longevity.

Are there resources that i can better understand the the makeup of how the skin code is structured and where and what items need to be changed? ...and please don't say the kodi wiki...i've referenced it for some things...but overall is pretty useless for my situation.
@Shredder_guitar
1. I'll take a look at the discart in Wall View.
2. Hmm...that's odd. I'll take a look.
3. The setting to switch the title from text to logo only applies to the Video Info screen. I can look at adding that code to the Wall View if you like.
4. I'll see what cases are available for the Wall View.
5. I was able to reproduce this problem. I'll take a look at it.
(2020-07-21, 14:29)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Shredder_guitar
3. The setting to switch the title from text to logo only applies to the Video Info screen. I can look at adding that code to the Wall View if you like.
Thank you for looking into this @latts9923  Please let me know what you find with these. Regarding Item#3, yes please IMO i think it would make sense for this item to change when logo/clearart is enabled 

Additionally, maybe a me problem, maybe not... I noticed that in the full screen music section that the settings button is not selectable, when trying to customize the music full screen view. 

I had this screen set up flawlessly in the Mq7 multi mod skin and i absolutely loved it 

Apologies of all the requests but this skin, being free of it's issues, is what i feel that many users of kodi are trying to achieve. I've been a long time user of kodi and i truly think that this skin should be a front runner baseline for end users. This is a fantastic product you have here. Please keep continuing to dev it.
(2020-07-21, 15:49)Shredder_guitar Wrote: [ -> ]
Thank you for looking into this @latts9923  Please let me know what you find with these. Regarding Item#3, yes please IMO i think it would make sense for this item to change when logo/clearart is enabled 

Additionally, maybe a me problem, maybe not... I noticed that in the full screen music section that the settings button is not selectable, when trying to customize the music full screen view. 

I had this screen set up flawlessly in the Mq7 multi mod skin and i absolutely loved it 

Apologies of all the requests but this skin, being free of it's issues, is what i feel that many users of kodi are trying to achieve. I've been a long time user of kodi and i truly think that this skin should be a front runner baseline for end users. This is a fantastic product you have here. Please keep continuing to dev it.

If you are looking to switch to a different music full screen "Layout" that is no longer selectable when you are already in full screen music mode. That is a change in the base skin when it went from MQ7 to MQ8. Has nothing to do with the mod. You need to use the top of screen drop down menus. IIRC I think it was the one all the way to the right at the top of the screen.
(2020-07-22, 15:15)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-21, 15:49)Shredder_guitar Wrote: [ -> ]

If you are looking to switch to a different music full screen "Layout" that is no longer selectable when you are already in full screen music mode. That is a change in the base skin when it went from MQ7 to MQ8. Has nothing to do with the mod. You need to use the top of screen drop down menus. IIRC I think it was the one all the way to the right at the top of the screen.
Thanks @wags1  Is this while currently being in full screen to get to the menu to change views in full screen? Because I have tried every button on the keyboard while in full screen and i don't get any menu options besides the bottom bar (i.e. play, stop, fast forward, reverse, settings, more info.) then the other arrow keys move around the lyrics, change tracks, and show all listed tracks...that's all i get.