Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Kodi v19] Can consistently crash Kodi to desktop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had this problem for a while, on 18.3 on my desktop. So today I tried a wipe and a test with the current v19 testing version, hence I am reporting it here as a v19 bug - but it's there in the earlier ones too.

How it manifests itself, is - I can browse to my network share folder for the show Instinct, go into that show's folder, and browse around the episodes - at which point Kodi will just die on itself and drop to desktop. As mentioned, this is a completely new install of the v19 testing version - I've wiped all previous data, just scanned my shows into the database, and the problem persists from my previous install.

Debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/bedirepido.kodi
From the log "trying to extract filestream details from video file rar://smb%3a%2f%2ffreenas%2fMEDiA%2fTV%2fInstinct.2018%2fInstinct.US.S01E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION%2fit.stink.107.720p-dimension.rar/Instinct.US.S01E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv" I'm not sure this action resulted in a crash, but this is one of the lines that caught my attention. Might want to try to replace vfs.rar with Archive support under virtual file systems. Suggestion: un-rar files before placing in the library, likely issue network share archiving, you might not have this issue if the file is local.
I've used rar archive with Kodi and Xbmc for 10 years. Just yesterday when going to "Leah" I first crashed my db because of not suporting rar files default and with new install box keeps crashing when scraping or entering picure archive (no rar files).
Win10 btw.
(2019-07-18, 23:52).:sFinx:. Wrote: [ -> ]I've used rar archive with Kodi and Xbmc for 10 years. Just yesterday when going to "Leah" I first crashed my db because of not suporting rar files default and with new install box keeps crashing when scraping or entering picure archive (no rar files).
Win10 btw.
Debug log or it didn't happen.

Post in your own thread pls. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=334143