Solved Kodi 64 bit RAR file support?
I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I can't find an answer.  

Yesterday I was running Krypton on Windows 10.  I was able to download movies in RAR files, have them loaded directly to my movie directory, see the title folder with Kodi, then go into the folder and see one movie name to select and play directly from RAR in Kodi without unpacking them.  I did not see individual RAR files, just the movie title of the movie file.

Last night I did a clean OS load.  It deleted Krypton.  I re-installed Krypton, then overwrote it with the 64 bit installer.

Now when I open up a movie folder that contains a movie in RAR files (when viewed on hard drive), there is no movie to select.

Is there a parameter that needs to be set or an add-on or something to get that functionality back in the 64 bit application?

Thanks for your help.
Add-ons > My add-ons > Virtual Filesystems

Enable the required one.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks very much for the quick reply.  I appreciate it. I'm going to make the change as soon as the movie is over.
Your advice worked great.  Thanks again.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-08-01, 08:23)Karellen Wrote: Thread marked solved.

I dont see Virtual Filesystems on my 17.4 install on win 7 am i missing something?
(2019-07-18, 04:34)ed_davidson Wrote: am i missing something?
Yes. New for v18. Smile
My Signature
Exit Kodi
sudo apt install kodi-vfs-rar
Start Kodi
Go to Add-ons > My add-ons > Virtual Filesystems -> RAR -> Enable
Restart Kodi
Wow. 5 years later and this very reply (especially cool since it was so quick for the first person) helped me out so nice.
Thank you.
@FuzzyLogic

No need to reply to a five year old thread with a thanks. RAR is an antique file format that has many permutations that far outweigh the advantages and will undoubtedly cause issues, suggest using a modern archiving logarithm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 64 bit RAR file support?0