Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Shortcuts not working with harmony remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a random issue not sure where to put it. I have a harmony remote and you can program the buttons to windows commands.

I have set 3 to ctrl+shift+3. And set the Kodi desktop shortcut with the same command. The setup works with jriver and emby. And the keyboard shortcut works with kodi when I do it with the keyboard. 
But it won't work only with Kodi when launching from the remote. I don't think its the remote because it works with other software. Anyone have any ideas?

I am using the most recent version of Kodi that comes with DS player.
I expect your question is best handled in Peripherals.

(2019-08-06, 16:52)lightsout Wrote: [ -> ]But it won't work only with Kodi when launching from the remote.
It's likely that the o/s is in focus at this point and your shortcut would need a windows command.
(2019-08-06, 17:23)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]I expect your question is best handled in Peripherals.

(2019-08-06, 16:52)lightsout Wrote: [ -> ]But it won't work only with Kodi when launching from the remote.
It's likely that the o/s is in focus at this point and your shortcut would need a windows command. 

I believe that it is using a windows shortcut. The button press simulates the combination of ctrl+shift+3. Not sure why Kodi doesn't respond.
Kodi doesn't seem to like custom commands with the remote. Even mapping a letter to a number on the remote won't work. But common commands like the arrows and play work. 

I am sure some people are using Kodi with a harmony remote/hub. If I could just get it to launch that would be good enough.
If anyone comes across this, I had the device as a Windows Computer. For some reason Kodi wouldn't receive the commands. Changed it to Windows Media PC and now all is well.