Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic Horizon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-04-26, 09:40)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to have the pop out sub menu box? To be honest am scrolling back through the threads to find instructions on how to set up sub menus, pressing left from a menu item moves to widgets, pressing OK on a menu item isn't bringing up a submenu,, I can't seem to get any submenu hub to show , I remember you saying it was to do with a showcase hub setting?
Press i (info) for the popup submenu.
(2020-04-26, 02:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-25, 23:30)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-25, 23:09)hacky4real Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe try:

Settings>Live TV/PVR Check: Show info for PVR Guide and PVR Channels.  
Yes thanks I know those settings, they are to add info to the guide which is seperate from the new indicator on the Categories.

This is the bit I was referring to, looking at the commits it seems it was added recently:

The underline under the category just seems out of place with the rest of the skin and not needed, elsewhere in the skin just a white bold font is used. In my opinion the diffuse & bold is sufficient to tell the user where the focus currently is, and more consistent with the skin as a whole Smile 

Yeah I agree. I was trying to improve visibility a bit but it looks weird with the shorter groups. Removed in latest. 
Yep thanks, I can see what you were trying with it but as you say it just looked a bit odd with certain groups Smile

One other thing with regards the Channel Guide usability, if we scroll halfway down the channels we then have to scroll all the way back up to change the channel group. Currently pressing Back whilst scrolling through the guide exits back to the Home menu, could we modify this to firstly go back to the Group selection at the top, then a further Back press exits the guide?

So Back x1 goes to the Groups top menu, then a further Back press whilst in Groups exits the Guide. Of course if you're already in the Group top bar it would simply exit the guide on a single Back press. Is this something that could be done within the skin or is it more of a core Kodi feature?
(2020-04-26, 10:23)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-26, 09:40)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to have the pop out sub menu box? To be honest am scrolling back through the threads to find instructions on how to set up sub menus, pressing left from a menu item moves to widgets, pressing OK on a menu item isn't bringing up a submenu,, I can't seem to get any submenu hub to show , I remember you saying it was to do with a showcase hub setting?
Wow tx , I honestly would never have thought of that, been messing around ages trying to sort submenu.
v0.2.25 and latest GitHub tmdb helper, blur backgrounds in settings, it seems like the fallback image is not used for blurring.

When there's a widget selected, colors from fanart are used for the blur, when not it's black.

I know you're working on the blur with tmbdbhelper now, thought I'd report.

Edit: rolling back to v0.2.22 things return to normal.
am i the only one with too dark fanart background on main menu and views ?
When I look at the screenshots of @jurialmunkey, I have the impression that there is almost no overlay. However in the settings I do not see the possibility of adjusting it. I simply have the option of activating Blur or Overlay. Anyone have a solution?
(2020-04-26, 15:10)myghalloween Wrote: [ -> ]am i the only one with too dark fanart background on main menu and views ?
When I look at the screenshots of @jurialmunkey, I have the impression that there is almost no overlay. However in the settings I do not see the possibility of adjusting it. I simply have the option of activating Blur or Overlay. Anyone have a solution?
The only section with almost no overlay is the showcase hub.

https://www.github.com/jurialmunkey/skin...i/Submenus
(2020-04-26, 15:14)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-26, 15:10)myghalloween Wrote: [ -> ]am i the only one with too dark fanart background on main menu and views ?
The only section with almost no overlay is the showcase hub. 
I was just reading the Github wiki to better understand how submenus work, and that's what I'm deducing for the overlay.
The overlay still seems a bit strong on the other backgrounds. @jurialmunkey would it be possible to adjust it a little less dark, or to leave the possibility of adjusting the strength of the overlay?
I really must be silly, I can't put a widget showcase hub in the home menu. Even when reading the wiki. As much as the submenu popup and submenu widget I understood, as much the submenu Hub and showcase hub, I don't understand.
How do you do ?

PS : What's its use "fullscreen widget path" in setting>home ?

Edit : I think I just understood: showcase hub is not a widget but an "action". However it can be added as a widget on all the items in the main menu with the option "setting> home> use showcase hub for fullscreen widget". Am i good?
(2020-04-26, 12:24)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-26, 02:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-25, 23:30)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ] 
Yep thanks, I can see what you were trying with it but as you say it just looked a bit odd with certain groups Smile

One other thing with regards the Channel Guide usability, if we scroll halfway down the channels we then have to scroll all the way back up to change the channel group. Currently pressing Back whilst scrolling through the guide exits back to the Home menu, could we modify this to firstly go back to the Group selection at the top, then a further Back press exits the guide?

So Back x1 goes to the Groups top menu, then a further Back press whilst in Groups exits the Guide. Of course if you're already in the Group top bar it would simply exit the guide on a single Back press. Is this something that could be done within the skin or is it more of a core Kodi feature? 
Something with fast access to groups would be great.
(2020-04-26, 08:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-26, 07:31)mik64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-26, 02:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]1. Works fine for me:

2. Do you have Movies scanned to your library? If you set a shortcut called Movies with an action that points to the movies library and you don't have movies in the library then skinshortcuts will hide the menu item.  
thanks for replying
1. I did a fresh installation, yesterday, starting from zero, because I thought I messed up something trying around all the settings...as I told you, no problem in other skins...let me know if there's somewhere to look for hints about it...oh, sometimes it shows up, but it's like freezed, no way to move to vote, just press "back" on remote to leave the window
2. it happens even I make just one link in a showcase hub pointing to "trending today" inside tvdbhelper...if i name it "Movie", no problem, at soon I rename it "Movies" no showcase hub in the home.
thanks again, anyway...great skin! 

1. What window does this happen in? Are you playing from the home screen or the library? If it is only happening on Home can you test v0.2.25 and see if the problem still happens?
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...ag/v0.2.25

2. I'm not quite following what you mean by making a link in a showcase hub... What are the exact steps to reproduce? 

Hi Jurialmunkey
tried v0.2.25 playing from home (link in the showcase hub): not working
playing from library widgets: not working
both played in TV Shows, not movies
sorry...
(2020-04-26, 09:18)mik64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-26, 08:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]1. What window does this happen in? Are you playing from the home screen or the library? If it is only happening on Home can you test v0.2.25 and see if the problem still happens?
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...ag/v0.2.25

2. I'm not quite following what you mean by making a link in a showcase hub... What are the exact steps to reproduce? 
1. thanks, I will try, playing from home screen, and I'll give you notice!
2. sure!     let's say we don't have any other shortcuts with "Movies" name (we erased the default one)
                now, skin settings -> Home -> Customise Home Screen -> New Shortcut -> Action -> Common -> Showcase Hub -> Label -> Movies -> Hub Widget -> pointing to video add-on tmdh and movies, trending today -> close and the back to home screen...now, for me, this shorcut doesn't show anything, on the home page...
If we go back to settings again, and change the name of the label from "Movies" to "Movie", just sayn'..., and then back to home, the showcase hub is perfect

Hope  you could replicate the bug, but it's not a big deal, really!
thanks!

Ah okay - I think I know what is happening with the showcase issue. When you set the name "Movies" then skinshortcuts builds the default widget setup for the Movies widget group. However, due to some skinshortcuts bug, the widgets don't actually show in the widget section.

To fix it, basically you need to add a standard widget, build the menu, and then delete the widget:
1. In Home Customisation, go into the "Widgets" section of the "Movies" shortcut.
2. Add any widget (in the main widget section, not the hub widgets).
3. Go to the home screen to allow menu to build.
4. Go back to the customisation dialog and delete all the widgets in the widgets section.
5. Go back to home and allow the menu to rebuild.
6. Showcase hub should now show.

Basically the above forces the default widget group to be cleared so that the showcase hub can show up.

Still haven't had much luck replicating the Trakt issue - seems to be working fine for me. I don't normally use that feature though -- so I might try leaving it on and see if I can recreate the issue you're experiencing.
(2020-04-26, 16:26)myghalloween Wrote: [ -> ]PS : What's its use "fullscreen widget path" in setting>home ?

Edit : I think I just understood: showcase hub is not a widget but an "action". However it can be added as a widget on all the items in the main menu with the option "setting> home> use showcase hub for fullscreen widget". Am i good?

Yes, that is correct.

If you set NO widgets for a main menu item, then the skin will display the fullscreen widget.
The fullscreen widget uses the "fullscreen widget path".

If you enable "use showcase hub for fullscreen widget", the showcase hub is displayed where the fullscreen widget normally would be.
(2020-04-26, 13:46)jimkaf Wrote: [ -> ]v0.2.25 and latest GitHub tmdb helper, blur backgrounds in settings, it seems like the fallback image is not used for blurring.

When there's a widget selected, colors from fanart are used for the blur, when not it's black.

I know you're working on the blur with tmbdbhelper now, thought I'd report.

Edit: rolling back to v0.2.22 things return to normal.

Try latest versions of both tmdbhelper and the skin. Fallback blur should now be working correctly.
(2020-04-26, 12:42)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-26, 10:23)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
Wow tx , I honestly would never have thought of that, been messing around ages trying to sort submenu.

You can also set the popup menu as an onclick action.
Customise Home > Action > Common > Submenu popup