Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(2021-02-23, 00:25)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-22, 23:36)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-20, 18:16)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]I figured it out. I had to change the Content line to settings for it to work. Maybe you can add a feature to create a custom/manual entry?  Like this:

"label": "Kodi Trakt Login",
            "content": "settings",
            "file": {
                "file": "addon.opensettings(script.trakt)",
                "filetype": "file",
                "art": {
                    "fanart": "special://home/addons\\script.trakt\\fanart.jpg",
                    "icon": "special://home/addons\\script.trakt\\icon.png",
                    "thumb": "special://home/addons\\script.trakt\\icon.png"
                },
                "votes": "0",
                "size": "0 B"
            },
            "color": "white",
            "window": "programs",
            "target": "shortcut",
            "id": "test1-1613530826.9959788",
            "version": "3.1.2"

So I take it you didn't try the way I've actually implemented?

Edit, That is not working for me on Matrix. Going to program addons and tried to add Trakt to AW settings shortcut and fails to open. Tried it again and only get the option to add as a shortcut.
The option to add as a settings shortcut showed up once, and has not shown up at all after that.

Actually, I think I have fixed it for good in 3.1.4! You should now be able to add a "Settings Shortcut" to (I think) any add-on, and then activating that shortcut will open the settings menu for the add-on 👍
(2021-02-27, 00:21)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-23, 00:25)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-22, 23:36)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]So I take it you didn't try the way I've actually implemented?

Edit, That is not working for me on Matrix. Going to program addons and tried to add Trakt to AW settings shortcut and fails to open. Tried it again and only get the option to add as a shortcut.
The option to add as a settings shortcut showed up once, and has not shown up at all after that.

Actually, I think I have fixed it for good in 3.1.4! You should now be able to add a "Settings Shortcut" to (I think) any add-on, and then activating that shortcut will open the settings menu for the add-on 👍
Sweet, ill check it out. Thanks!
I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out what.

I have set up a widget called 'Spotlight - Movies'. Inside that there are various genre widgets, which the main widget scrolls through every 2 hours, as expected.

I have tried to do the same for TV shows, without success. I set it up in exactly the same way, but when I try to add the widget to the skin, I go through the exact same steps, choose cycling path, then random, but instead of the next window just saying use as widget, the next screen has a list of TV shows from one of the widgets inside that main 'Spotlight - TV shows' widget, and the widget doesn't cycle.

Any ideas?
I may be being a little slow (and not for the first time!):

I want to create as a widget an AW group which would function as a replacement for a sub menu and in some cases the relevant item which needs to be a shortcut within an AW Group is a simple Kodi Command - for example ActivateWindow(FileManager).  I have no problem with manually editing the xml file containing the group just not sure what the edited version would then look like
(2021-03-04, 20:49)justin150 Wrote: [ -> ]I may be being a little slow (and not for the first time!):

I want to create as a widget an AW group which would function as a replacement for a sub menu and in some cases the relevant item which needs to be a shortcut within an AW Group is a simple Kodi Command - for example ActivateWindow(FileManager).  I have no problem with manually editing the xml file containing the group just not sure what the edited version would then look like

Those types of shortcuts aren't currently supported 😔 One day I'd like to support them, but at this point I don't think there's a way to make them work.
(2021-03-02, 18:07)LostBrit76 Wrote: [ -> ]I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out what.

I have set up a widget called 'Spotlight - Movies'. Inside that there are various genre widgets, which the main widget scrolls through every 2 hours, as expected.

I have tried to do the same for TV shows, without success. I set it up in exactly the same way, but when I try to add the widget to the skin, I go through the exact same steps, choose cycling path, then random, but instead of the next window just saying use as widget, the next screen has a list of TV shows from one of the widgets inside that main 'Spotlight - TV shows' widget, and the widget doesn't cycle.

Any ideas?

What skin are you using?
(2021-03-04, 23:16)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-04, 20:49)justin150 Wrote: [ -> ]I may be being a little slow (and not for the first time!):

Those types of shortcuts aren't currently supported 😔 One day I'd like to support them, but at this point I don't think there's a way to make them work.

Fair enough and thank you for responding so quickly.
Please shoot me down if this is too difficult to implement.

I really like the cycling widgets, they have massive potential to unlock the best in so many skins.  In addition to the next and random cycling would it be possible to have a "scrolling" widget - a bit like the next widget which simply goes down a list of widgets when it refreshes, this would allow you to go up OR down the same list with the right command.  That could significantly upgrade the features available in many skins
hey drinfernoo, thanks for the awesome addon!

In the 2.0 video you demod the "next page" functionality. Is that feature still available in the latest auto widget? For the Seren lists I have I can only get a "See more" poster at the end, instead of a "Next Page"
I am using the AURA skin.
(2021-03-21, 11:05)svvparakala Wrote: [ -> ]For the Seren lists I have I can only get a "See more" poster at the end, instead of a "Next Page"

Kindly actually read the forum rules (wiki) whenever you drop by a new forum. Here we have no interest at all in add-ons that facilitate video piracy in any way.
So do not use them in Kodi setups when you're visiting, and in fact, simply don't mention them.
(2021-03-21, 11:05)svvparakala Wrote: [ -> ]hey drinfernoo, thanks for the awesome addon!

In the 2.0 video you demod the "next page" functionality. Is that feature still available in the latest auto widget? For the Seren lists I have I can only get a "See more" poster at the end, instead of a "Next Page"
I am using the AURA skin.

In a skin that adds its own "See More" item, you'll need to disable that item. You also need to raise the widget limit high enough to show the "Next Page" item that is added by the add-on, which in most cases means the widget needs to show at least 25 items.
@drinfernoo Just a heads up... That "giving no support" part of our forum rules (wiki) also applies to forum users.
(2021-03-21, 11:09)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Kindly actually read the forum rules (wiki) whenever you drop by a new forum. Here we have no interest at all in add-ons that facilitate video piracy in any way.
So do not use them in Kodi setups when you're visiting, and in fact, simply don't mention them.

My apologies, i saw many different kodi applications mentioned freely on reddit, and I was unaware of their eligibility and I won't mention any going forward.
(2021-03-21, 14:41)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]In asking that adds its own "See More" item, you'll need to disable that item. You also need to raise the widget limit high enough to show the "Next Page" item that is added by the add-on, which in most cases means the widget needs to show at least 25 items.

I have added TMDB helper most popular list as a widget under its own group and put it on the home page, where can i disable it's "See more" function? Is it done the same way as editing the label of said widget. Or is this in the settings of TMDB?
(2021-03-22, 09:17)svvparakala Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-21, 14:41)drinfernoo Wrote: [ -> ]In asking that adds its own "See More" item, you'll need to disable that item. You also need to raise the widget limit high enough to show the "Next Page" item that is added by the add-on, which in most cases means the widget needs to show at least 25 items.

I have added TMDB helper most popular list as a widget under its own group and put it on the home page, where can i disable it's "See more" function? Is it done the same way as editing the label of said widget. Or is this in the settings of TMDB?

"See More" is something you need to disable in the skin, or by raising the widget item limit past the number of items in the list, as I already explained.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38