Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 19.0 "Matrix" support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
@konetzed Thanks for taking this on and "formalizing" the ad-hoc tweaks/fixes and @Karellen 's big bundle of patches into something coherent. 

It all works fine here on Nexus 20 and (I'm sure you'll be glad to knowWink ) Omega 21-alpha.

Now to re-enter the myriad little personal sizing/positioning/timing tweaks I've accumulated over the years - most of which are my own highly subjective preferences for use with a Harmony remote and some adjustments for 4K - nothing worth offering up to the Git  Shy
There's no color choice for the subtitles in Nexus (20.1). It's in the default skin, so this is apparently a Transparency issue?
(2023-05-09, 04:51)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]There's no color choice for the subtitles in Nexus (20.1)
That was introduced for v20... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20169
Transparency was last updated for v18. It hasn't been updated for new features or any of the new skinning engine code since then.
You should still be able to set the colour in the default skin. It should carry into Transparency!
I've been using KODI since Eden, and Transparency almost as long. As far as I can remember, I've always been able to set subtitle color, including version 19 (Matrix). I'm using the patched version of Transparency which works with KODI version 19, and it seems to work fine with 20 except this selection is missing from the subtitle list of settings (Settings | Player | Subtitles). It seems to me it's the only thing missing from Version 19.
(2023-04-27, 06:01)konetzed Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I have imported what i think are all Karellens fixes from the forum.  I have it installed on my nexus box and things seem to be working w/o issue.  How about if there are issues bugs are filed in github for it now?  Make it easier to track fixes and issues?  Also I am totally open to pr's. 

https://github.com/konetzed/skin.transpa...tag/11.1.1

Big thanks to @Karellen for the keeping up a tarball with the fixes in it.
Downloaded from here. The skin failed to install due to a missing dependency. I downloaded it from here: https://github.com/scott967/service.skin...ee/python3 and it installed without further problems.

Are you still planning to work on this? I am no coder but I'm willing to test if there's a developer working on this. You state your aim is to get reinstated in the main repository and I would very much like that too.

One thing I have noticed is text overlapping, like this:

The media icons could use some updates, I suppose. Some skins are able to provide Atmos / DTS-X information (Aeon Nox Silvo, if you need to look at how they do it), for instance (don't know if that's exposed through MediaInfo or if they still look at file names).
(2023-05-17, 18:52)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I have noticed is text overlapping, like this:
Sorry, that is one of my personal edits.
I use only a single genre for my media, so it was no problem for me when I added the Last Played and PlayCount labels.
Is that fanart view? Should be around Line 366 in View-Fanart.xml, you can hide the two labels.
(2023-05-17, 21:40)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Is that fanart view? Should be around Line 366 in View-Fanart.xml, you can hide the two labels.
Yes, that was it. Fixed it. Thanks a lot!

I really hope @konetzed will manage to revive interest in this great skin. Its fanart view is still my preferred Kodi view from all skins I've tried. And I've tried many.
@ashlar I hope to keep up with bug fixes for now.  I would like to get all the updates in and get it back in the main repo.  I think one of the first things I would like to do if possible is remove the dependency on 
service.skin.widgets with whatever the rest of the skins are now using.   I never noticed the bug you saw as in fanart mode I had it displaying the summary, now that i figured out how to enable the correct view i can see how it would be annoying.  If you have time would you file a bug on the github repo and ill try to fix it as soon as i can and cut another release.
(2023-05-18, 03:45)konetzed Wrote: [ -> ]If you have time would you file a bug on the github repo and ill try to fix it as soon as i can and cut another release.
I did that.

Edit 3: the following had nothing to do with Transparency or any skin, really. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3153759

I have discovered something strange while playing music... the album with rotating CD never goes away, even with visualization active.

On Kodi 17.6 it disappeared after a few seconds, leaving the visualization fullscreen. I can't replicate that behavior.

Edit:

This "thing" used to disappear after a few seconds. Now it just stays there throughout the track's duration:

Edit 2:

Hmmmm... it happens with Estuary too. I will ask in a more general section of the forums.
@ashlar @Karellen How do you feel about this?  I shifted the last play stuff over and capped the size of the left column? 

I've been unable to search this forum, but I posted in the general KODI forum and it led me to this.

Windows 11 Pro
KODI 20.1

Transparency in its latest iteration has worked find for me on KODI 20.1 But I have a problem with a new USB flash drive I bought. It's a USB 3.1 256 GB, and I only use it for temporary viewing. That is, it's not part of my KODI library. I just plug it in, it's supposed appear in the list of video sources. That's the way all my other USB flash drives behave. I CAN add it as a new source, but since it's only a temporary thing that seems like overkill.

I've reformatted it several times, tried different file systems with no luck. It's no different from other USB flash drives I have except for capacity, but it's only 256 GB, not particularly large. The problem ONLY occurs with this flash drive. It's maddening.

Am I just brain dead and missing something simple, or what? Anyone with ideas?
(2023-05-23, 18:55)konetzed Wrote: [ -> ]@ashlar @Karellen How do you feel about this?  I shifted the last play stuff over and capped the size of the left column? 

Looks ok for me. Don't need to see nine different genres for a movie, after all :-)
New release up, fix for bug #1 Smile  I also removed the dependency on service.skin.widgets.  I finally made a test install on my desktop of kodi 20.1 and i could find anything that broke not including service.skin.widgets. I also noticed that it had commented out in @karellens zip.    Someone let me know if dependency change causes issues. 

https://github.com/konetzed/skin.transpa...tag/11.1.2
I've long since lost track of what it was that service.skin.widgets did that the Kodi version of the day didn't provide.

Whatever it might have been v11.1.2 seems to be fully functional without it.

Thanks  Smile
(2023-05-25, 01:30)konetzed Wrote: [ -> ]New release up, fix for bug #1 Smile  I also removed the dependency on service.skin.widgets.  I finally made a test install on my desktop of kodi 20.1 and i could find anything that broke not including service.skin.widgets. I also noticed that it had commented out in @karellens zip.    Someone let me know if dependency change causes issues. 

https://github.com/konetzed/skin.transpa...tag/11.1.2

Good! Do you have ideas for features to add?

I think the next, quite important, step would be to implement the new subtitles styling options. As things stand, one needs to go to Estuary to set those up and then go back to Transparency!

I suppose having that functionality built in the skin could go a long way toward seeing it reinstated as a supported skin in the official repository.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13