Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: advancedsettings.xml cleanonupdate issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
sorry about the multiple posts, I'm pretty sure I only posted twice about this but regardless I'll stop. Is there anyone who cares to look into it at all? It does appear that at least 1 other user is having the same issue.

Can a few people test this out and see if you get the same results?

tret
Get it reproducible. This means:

1. A dummy filesystem, ideally as simple as possible that is used as a base for the scanning.
2. Full details of how to set up the system to reproduce (eg advancedsettings.xml you have setup).
3. Full details of the steps to go through to reproduce it.

In short: Make it easy for developers to reproduce a problem and it'll be fixed much more quickly.

Cheers,
Jonathan
jmarshall Wrote:Get it reproducible. This means:

1. A dummy filesystem, ideally as simple as possible that is used as a base for the scanning.
2. Full details of how to set up the system to reproduce (eg advancedsettings.xml you have setup).

In short: Make it easy for developers to reproduce a problem and it'll be fixed much more quickly.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan, will work on this and get it posted. I appreciate your help

tret
jmarshall Wrote:Get it reproducible. This means:

Cheers,
Jonathan

I posted my debug log earlier in this thread. The steps to reproduce are also there.

My TV shows are in Show Name => Season Number folders. They are on a physical hard drive in the htpc. They aren't on an external or network drive. My advancedsettings file only has the cleanonupdate tag. I'm using the Mediastream skin. I am deleting the files through the OS, not XBMC.

Again, cleanonupdate is working for my movies, but not my TV shows.
Unless you posted an actual file set, then that's not what I asked for at all (I probably didn't ask you for it either - lots of thread merges here Wink

Pretend we're the laziest people on the planet. Make it easy for us and we'll look into it. The absolutely worse thing for a developer to be doing is playing around trying (usually unsuccessfully) to reproduce something.

Cheers,
Jonathan
jmarshall Wrote:Unless you posted an actual file set, then that's not what I asked for at all (I probably didn't ask you for it either - lots of thread merges here Wink

Pretend we're the laziest people on the planet. Make it easy for us and we'll look into it. The absolutely worse thing for a developer to be doing is playing around trying (usually unsuccessfully) to reproduce something.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I am totally willing to do what it takes to get you what you need to test this. Can you please let me know exactly what it is that you need. What do you mean by an actual file set? This issue is very easy to reproduce, I have been able to do it time and time again in all kinds of configurations. Let me know what you need and I'll get it done.

Thanks,
tret
I mean an exact replica of your filesystem, on which you can reproduce the same fault.

This is usually done by putting a bunch of 0 byte files, named identically to your movies and shows in a file structure identical to how you have things.

Simplify it down as much as possible (i.e. as few shows/movies as possible) so that it is still reproducible.

Then, zip it up, and post it on trac along with exactly how you scan (settings etc.), how you clean, and thus how you reproduce the problem.

Cheers,
Jonathan
I have <cleanonupdate> set to true in my advancedsettings.xml and movies no longer on my server are not removed from the video library. I have attached a debug log:

Apparently my log is too big for pastebin. Here's the first half:

http://pastebin.com/m44d9caaf

Here's the second half:

http://pastebin.com/ma3facda

Anyone experience seeing this too?
I updated to svn 17890, deleted my db and sources, created some dummy files, added their location as a source, and scanned them in to create a new db. I then deleted a one of the dummy movies and ran "update library" and the movie was not removed from the db. I have included a link which will download a .zip file I created that contains the folder with the dummy movies, the db that still contain the deleted movie (title is 'Unknown'), and a log taken right after I ran the "update library". Also, here's the contents of my advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>3</loglevel>
<videolibrary>
  <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Here's the .zip file:

http://www.box.net/shared/6kj6qd5cm2
I see the same thing and have for some time.
Any word on this?
Add a ticket on trac (if there isn't one already) and add your files to that.

Someone will get to it when they have time.
Grrr.. my system is not cleaning the library on update either...
My system is also not respecting the cleanonupdate setting.

edited to add it doesn't clean on update with TV shows...as others have reported it does work with movies
Did someone add a trac ticket? Any update?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5