Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ashlar Wrote:Any reason why fanart download is skipping most all files, for movies? If I select manually each one, it gets the files. If I go with Autopilot, it skips everything.

What do you have checked in settings? I'm pretty sure you knew this already, but you need to have either Create fanart.jpg or create <moviename>-fanart.jpg checked. If it's still not working, it might just be broken ATM. I know he was retooling the autopilot right around the last release...that might be the problem.
AaronG85 Wrote:besides apple trailers is there another website?

Movie-list.com has several
Definitely too buggy for me. I appreciate the enormous amount of work but... too many problems. Thanks anyway! Big Grin
program is NOT buggy at all, just need some time to spend with the settings. After this it s PERFECT!

After you tinker with things it does exactly what its supposed to do.
I'd create a small sample of your library and then let it go. Do some testing. You might find in the end its your folder names and or your file names that are giving it issues.
Well, both scraping applications could use some (a.k.a. a lot) of UI design....
True, one more than the other, but all in all MIP works pretty well.
My only complaint would be that pop up box that shows the downloads. Personally I think it should popup in the background not the foreground. It literally makes you look at it. Most of the time I don't even care to see it, but wouldn't have a problem clicking on the task bar if I did.
SebaSOFT Wrote:Well, both scraping applications could use some (a.k.a. a lot) of UI design....

You know, I'm not usually one to take this attitude with people, but I can honestly say this.

If you think you can do better, please, go ahead. Put your money where your mouth is. I would love to see what you come up with.

Otherwise, just be grateful that there are people out there who spend their time doing this stuff for people like us for nothing. The guy's working every second he's got free to make this program do what we ask for...
digitalhigh Wrote:You know, I'm not usually one to take this attitude with people, but I can honestly say this.

If you think you can do better, please, go ahead. Put your money where your mouth is. I would love to see what you come up with.

Otherwise, just be grateful that there are people out there who spend their time doing this stuff for people like us for nothing.

I second this...
kizer Wrote:You might find in the end its your folder names and or your file names that are giving it issues.

And if that's the case, it might even be just "another way of using your media" and fekker has been more than willing to make adjustments. Smile

edit: + what digital high said. Plus more: the source is available from SVN, so how about grabbing it, make changes to that UI and send patches to fekker if they're useful?
I couldn't resist this... this was a very very early version of what is now MIP, i had to dig in my archives to find one that still runs. This is a direct result of feedback and requests.

and here's a glimpse into the future

On a side note, please do report bugs and feature requests to sourceforge so that next week when I get to the next patch I can get things sorted out.
fekker,

Thank god you listened to people. That thing looks horrid. hahahaha
Ok, now I'm really on the edge of my seat. Being able to manage my music in the same program will truly make this the perfect companion to XBMC.

Quick question though...

Will this be reading info from ID3 tags including cover art or is it just reading file names and folder.jpgs?

Thanks again for a FANTASTIC app. I can't wait until my movies are all converted to mkv and reorganized so I can really take advantage of it.

David
Yeah good question. All my files are tagged properly however I might have some folders that are not exactly to standards. Mispellings and who knows what. Wink

Do I sense a app name change coming? Movie Info Plus > Media Info Plus. Wink
Glad you piped up. I was just biting my tongue, especially after the comments about it being buggy or this not working or that not being done.