Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was trying to go through the movies I have that do not have fanart. I have tried everything to do this, and have not had much success. It insists on downloading posters, and every other type of image imaginable and saving it all to the cache folder.

I have Unchecked Allow Icon Selection at the top. Then in settings I have selected the following:

(Unchecked) Get IMPawards Posters
(Unchecked) Get TMDB Posters
(CHECKED) Get TMDB Fanart
(Unchecked) Get DVD Covers From Calagregory.net

When I click on a movie with no fanart, I still get the download window stating it is downloading 1 of 10 images from freecovers.net in the popup downloading status window:

1 of 10
1 of 9
1 of 8
1 of 10
1 of 10

As a test, I deleted the cache folder, and fired up MIP, clicked the movie "2 Fast 2 Furious". It downloaded 125 images, for a total of over 25 megs to the cache folder for just this ONE MOVIE. (I have just over 1,400 movies, and that would be a cache of around 36 Gigs!)

There are tons of duplicate full covers, back covers, front covers, scans of the physical DVD, spines, vertical rotated covers, horizontally rotated covers... and on and on.

How exactly are all of these images used in MIP? I only see the icons tab, tall(cover) and fanart. Only a few images of the 44 are actually shown to choose from in MIP.

I can see where different users will want different images, depending on the application /front end / skin they are using. I was just hoping there was a way to turn off all of the extra stuff that a user does not need. In my case I am looking for just the Front Cover and the Fanart.
JohnWPB Wrote:I was trying to go through the movies I have that do not have fanart. I have tried everything to do this, and have not had much success. It insists on downloading posters, and every other type of image imaginable and saving it all to the cache folder.

I have Unchecked Allow Icon Selection at the top. Then in settings I have selected the following:

(Unchecked) Get IMPawards Posters
(Unchecked) Get TMDB Posters
(CHECKED) Get TMDB Fanart
(Unchecked) Get DVD Covers From Calagregory.net

When I click on a movie with no fanart, I still get the download window stating it is downloading 1 of 10 images from freecovers.net in the popup downloading status window:

1 of 10
1 of 9
1 of 8
1 of 10
1 of 10

As a test, I deleted the cache folder, and fired up MIP, clicked the movie "2 Fast 2 Furious". It downloaded 125 images, for a total of over 25 megs to the cache folder for just this ONE MOVIE. (I have just over 1,400 movies, and that would be a cache of around 36 Gigs!)

There are tons of duplicate full covers, back covers, front covers, scans of the physical DVD, spines, vertical rotated covers, horizontally rotated covers... and on and on.

How exactly are all of these images used in MIP? I only see the icons tab, tall(cover) and fanart. Only a few images of the 44 are actually shown to choose from in MIP.

I can see where different users will want different images, depending on the application /front end / skin they are using. I was just hoping there was a way to turn off all of the extra stuff that a user does not need. In my case I am looking for just the Front Cover and the Fanart.

Yup, it's doing exactly what it should be doing if all options are enabled for the new media images. So what you 'll need to do is go into the options and setting and select what you want to download.. now here's the tricky part.. i'm still working on adding those options Big Grin

The good news is that those options will all be available when MIP gets rolled out. I'm working on that right now, and hope to have it finished tonight. There's still at least a few hours of coding left to get all the config changes in place.
Sounds fantastic! Now that I know you are setting options for that, I can rest a bit easier hahah! I thought that 25 megs of cached images was a bit much per movie Smile

Will you also be able to select how many of each type of image? I have see it run up to 25 covers for instance.

You have done some AMAZING work on this! If you need any help testing anything else out, please feel free to let me know. Beta testers can come in handy for sure! When I rolled out the latest version of my Road Runner skin, I THOUGHT I had covered everything! I released it to 10 beta testers, and the bug reports started piling in !!! Confused Far better than getting bug reports from 8,000 or so people using the skin!!! (I have some code in the installer "phones home" when it is installed :p )
Yep all the DVD media needs a setting. I don't mind looking at it, but downloading it all when I don't currently use it is well. Frustrating, I'm glad your putting a setting in for it. Wink
kizer Wrote:Yep all the DVD media needs a setting. I don't mind looking at it, but downloading it all when I don't currently use it is well. Frustrating, I'm glad your putting a setting in for it. Wink

The Media Images will have the following settings for each type (type being Movies, Music, Shows)
Front - Setting Enable/Disable
Back - Setting Enable/Disable
Cd1 - Setting Enable/Disable
Cd2 - Setting Enable/Disable
Cd3 - Setting Enable/Disable
Cd4 - Setting Enable/Disable
Inlay - Setting Enable/Disable
Insert - Setting Enable/Disable

The default (not editable) max per item number of downloads is as follows
Front - max of 10
Back - max of 9
Cd1 - max of 9
Cd2 - max of 9
Cd3 - max of 9
Cd4 - max of 9
Inlay - max of 9
Insert - max of 9

I've got a few main things that I want to get sorted before releasing the new version
- VIDEO_TS folders - need to recheck and fix as required
- TMDB Links - so the tmdb page can be opened directly from the current movie
- TVDB Links for shows (moving link to toolbar)
- Checked vs. Unchecked folder locations in the config
- spaces in filenames for file level movies (space at the end of the name)
- the entire menu options for media images (print, save as, scale, rotate, crop, etc) .. the basic ones are easy, the crop and scale i'll have to see what I can do.
- Donate button
- icon and splash screen finalization, i'm still not sure about those, the current icon is the one that is my avatar, the more i look at it, the less I like it.

The config and new settings are done, there's a few little tweaks here and there. There's also bug fixes for wine, general fixes, and items that have been reported and are in place. And then i'll move on to the items listed on sourceforge (bugs first, then feature requests)

I may revisit how I'm polling the music items for media images as there are some that I don't like the fallback method I created when it can't find an exact match. That part will prob be after launch and feedback comes in.

All in all, the core items are complete and it's really close.
fekker Wrote:The Media Images will have the following settings for each type (type being Movies, Music, Shows)

Front - max of 10
Back - max of 9
Cd1 - max of 9
Cd2 - max of 9
Cd3 - max of 9
Cd4 - max of 9
Inlay - max of 9
Insert - max of 9

I've got a few main things that I want to get sorted before releasing the new version
- VIDEO_TS folders - need to recheck and fix as required
- TMDB Links - so the tmdb page can be opened directly from the current movie
- TVDB Links for shows (moving link to toolbar)
- Checked vs. Unchecked folder locations in the config
- spaces in filenames for file level movies (space at the end of the name)
- the entire menu options for media images (print, save as, scale, rotate, crop, etc) .. the basic ones are easy, the crop and scale i'll have to see what I can do.
- Donate button
- icon and splash screen finalization, i'm still not sure about those

The config and new settings are done, there's a few little tweaks here and there. There's also bug fixes for wine, general fixes, and items that have been reported and are in place. And then i'll move on to the items listed on sourceforge (bugs first, then feature requests)

I may revisit how I'm polling the music items for media images as there are some that I don't like the fallback method I created when it can't find an exact match. That part will prob be after launch and feedback comes in.

All in all, the core items are complete and it's really close.

this is awesome Fekker...thank you so much for putting so much time into this. I do software development work as well, and I know how time consuming it is!
fekker Wrote:The Media Images will have the following settings for each type (type being Movies, Music, Shows)

Front - max of 10
Back - max of 9
Cd1 - max of 9
Cd2 - max of 9
Cd3 - max of 9
Cd4 - max of 9
Inlay - max of 9
Insert - max of 9

You're still going to support Fanart right?

As for the white space, depending on where or what you are replacing:

StrippedName = (Replace(FileNameVar," .avi",".avi"))
StrippedName = (Replace(FileNameVar,"- fanart","-fanart"))
StrippedName = (Replace(FileNameVar," - fanart","-fanart"))
StrippedName = (Replace(FileNameVar," -fanart","-fanart"))
JohnWPB Wrote:You're still going to support Fanart right?

As for the white space, depending on where or what you are replacing:

StrippedName = (Replace(FileNameVar," .avi",".avi"))
StrippedName = (Replace(FileNameVar,"- fanart","-fanart"))
StrippedName = (Replace(FileNameVar," - fanart","-fanart"))
StrippedName = (Replace(FileNameVar," -fanart","-fanart"))

Fanart, posters, all the mediaicons.org stuff, isn't changing.. these are just new settings for the media images.

and yup on the space issue, with some stacking level checks.
I vote for a new thread for MEDIA INFO PLUS to be started! Big Grin
This one is getting rather long and a lot of the earlier issues are sorted etc...
Yeah, I think a new thread is in order.. 87+ pages is a ton to sort through and most of the data has been changed so many times that it could be quite confusing.

I sorted out the last of the config issues and am working on the proxy support now. I think i've got all the bugs squashed that have been reported in the test version as well as those that I've run into using it the past few days.

It's getting really close, I need to revamp tvshows fanart, for some reason it's not always releasing the file so picking a new fanart fails, it also looks weird with the current centering of the image and not the rescale that is used by movies and music.

I'll have the final test build done tonight (well hopefully), if all goes well with it the release is almost here.
Ok, I need someone to test out proxy support. It turns out there's nothing that I need to do to support it in the app since the downloads are using wget.

Quote:To make wget use a proxy, you must set up an environment variable before using wget. Type this at the command prompt: (put in your own fqdn and port)

set http_proxy=http://proxy.myprovider.net:8080
and then try movieinfoplus

I use wget for the downloads, and proxy support is on by default, so all it should take is adding that env. variable to your system.

To see if it set correctly, from a command prompt, type "set" (without the quotes)
@fekker.....was just thinking about proxy support just now...

I will test it straight away....

Just to clarify...is all i have to do open a command prompt, type the code you wrote above and then run MIP?
or do i need to download and install this wget program, whatever it is?
ethan_9219 Wrote:or do i need to download and install this wget program, whatever it is?

good question.. wget is included in MIP's, it's placed in the 3rdparty folder, you don't have to download or install it.
Okay, and one other stupid question; how do i actually enable Wget and type that line of code....Do i do it from Windows' CMD or COMMAND....Or what is the method?

Sorry for the questions, as i know you are busy