Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] Aeon Hitched by EKIM232
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
ekim232 Wrote:I will have some screens up tomorrow. Homepage is almost done and I have a week off of work so I plan on having most of it done this week. I have never made a video, but I will give it a shot if I have time. I think Fraps is pretty easy to use.

Can't wait for your update.
pretty please?
mots Wrote:pretty please?

ditto Nod
Alright, here is a shot of the homepage I finally settled on. I am away from my HTPC at the moment, but I will try to get a video together this week when I get a chance. I am VERY close to a release here. I really am being picky about bugs so that is why it is taking longer and also I am cleaning up a lot of code that is unneeded. Yesterday I cleaned up the settings section, which was a pain.

ekim232 Wrote:Alright, here is a shot of the homepage I finally settled on. I am away from my HTPC at the moment, but I will try to get a video together this week when I get a chance. I am VERY close to a release here. I really am being picky about bugs so that is why it is taking longer and also I am cleaning up a lot of code that is unneeded. Yesterday I cleaned up the settings section, which was a pain.

OMG OMG
It's gonna be legendary!
Take your time
Wow, looks really good.

Can't wait for the video. Hopefully this runs as smooth as silk on my ion HTPC.
Well it's not my style.. but do like your idea.
I like the eon screen where you see a color on the background for each menu item. Very peaceful for the eyes.

Only have one comment on your homescreen, the text over the 'dvd' boxes aren't clear to read because of background image. But who cares since the text on the background is huge Smile
zilexa Wrote:Well it's not my style.. but do like your idea.
I like the eon screen where you see a color on the background for each menu item. Very peaceful for the eyes.

Only have one comment on your homescreen, the text over the 'dvd' boxes aren't clear to read because of background image. But who cares since the text on the background is huge Smile

The icons are changeable in settings. You can disable the large text or the frame text if needed. Trying to make simple things like that easy to change, but not hold the skin down the over doing the options.

By the way, this screen was taken on my laptop. on the htpc on a 1080p screen the text on the icons is more easy to read. I also have a more darkened version that will most likely make the final release. these icons were my first go around and are just there so I could do animation work.

The background is going to be switched as well....
Will it be possible to have an icon-less homescreen, with just the text? I love that aspect of the original Aeon. I can't wait to see the views you have in store; I hope multiplex makes the cut.
xecutionx Wrote:Will it be possible to have an icon-less homescreen, with just the text? I love that aspect of the original Aeon. I can't wait to see the views you have in store; I hope multiplex makes the cut.

I eventually want to have 3 variations of the homescreen. One with the panels, one with icons, and one with text. I will probably release it and then work on that stuff.

Multiplex is still there of course. I have different pop up panels and a few slight changes to it.
I just can't wait!
I'm liking it. hope to see it soon.
Will your new skin support the "cdArt" concept (spinning cd)?

Since I had to do a clean xbmc install, I am now installing your current published mod (first post in this topic). Not sure where to extract the media.rar file. Just program files\xbmc\media?
I've installed xbmc in portable mode.

edit: never mind, in the first post it says "Please do a fresh install since new textures have been added and deleted. Make sure you put the media folder inside the Aeon10.29 folder. Enjoy and please report any bugs."

so I've put the media folder in C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\Aeon1.13.

EDIT: is it possible for me to rename Games to Plugins or Tools?
Yes you could. Look in the langauge folder and then change the strings.xml. There will be a line for games and just change it to plugins or whatever.

There new skin will of course have cdart and option for turning it off.
Nevermind, I installed latest Dsplayer revision wich has the latest xbmc trunk. Plugins and scripts aren't supported (a bug or because they are working on Addons).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30