Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Restarting XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have xbmc 9.11 alpha 2 installed and currently in the process of fixing my remote control mapping,

its a big pain in the ass to have to restart the system to test the changes I have made since it takes over 4 minutes for my system to boot up. I have tried exiting xbmc and then starting it up by typing 'xbmc' but that gives me this error:
"Could not connect to x server"

is there a proper way to restart xbmc? or force it to reload the key mapping without a restart?
it takes you 4 whole minutes to restart? what kinda hardware are you running on, a 300Mhz Cpu with 64MB ram? my zotac 330 restarts in about 30 seconds. something must be wrong with your setup...
I believe there's a keymapping to reload the keymap. It's reloadkeymaps.
kay.one Wrote:I have xbmc 9.11 alpha 2 installed and currently in the process of fixing my remote control mapping,

its a big pain in the ass to have to restart the system to test the changes I have made since it takes over 4 minutes for my system to boot up. I have tried exiting xbmc and then starting it up by typing 'xbmc' but that gives me this error:
"Could not connect to x server"

is there a proper way to restart xbmc? or force it to reload the key mapping without a restart?

depends on how you configured your system. but try startx.
Alternatively, restart xbmc from the shutdown menu. Will only restart xbmc and not restart the pc.