Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Glave Wrote:Yea, judging by the lastest one to go 'missing' on me, there's a few tags that look like they weren't opened and closed properly.

http://pastebin.com/XjLqC45Y

What would cause it? Thetvdb have a small glitch possibly?

The other day thetvdb was offline, maybe was that.
Nah, if it was because it was offline, there's no way the nfo could've been populated by the amount that it has.
Hi

Does anyone have this installed on a Windows Home Server?

I had this on it for ages without any issues updated to 484 and now need to reboot the .exe file at least 3 times a week.

anyone know what is causing this? Is there a logfile somewhere in SB that may show the problem.

Thanks
Mrkennedy Wrote:Hi

Does anyone have this installed on a Windows Home Server?

I had this on it for ages without any issues updated to 484 and now need to reboot the .exe file at least 3 times a week.

anyone know what is causing this? Is there a logfile somewhere in SB that may show the problem.

Thanks

How do you mean? I'm using WHS 2008 and since some latest updates I have noticed it running extremely slow... not had to restart though...
Maybe it's just me but I actually don't use this to download shows... merely to keep track of shows coming up etc. A personal TV Guide

Problem is, I run this on my local computer and do not open it every single day - nor is my computer on 24/7. So I have to "force update" when I do use it, and that causes it to potentially skip things I've missed (or maybe it will even miss fetching information?)

Any way around this or way I can address this? Is there any online service that would simply let you keep track of this stuff?
Im confused. You set all this up just as a tv guide? Can't something like Clicker track your shows?
Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:Maybe it's just me but I actually don't use this to download shows... merely to keep track of shows coming up etc. A personal TV Guide

Problem is, I run this on my local computer and do not open it every single day - nor is my computer on 24/7. So I have to "force update" when I do use it, and that causes it to potentially skip things I've missed (or maybe it will even miss fetching information?)

Any way around this or way I can address this? Is there any online service that would simply let you keep track of this stuff?

That sounds like buying a car and using it as a clock. I'm sure there's many online services that could provide TV Guide info. The next aired add on will provide a TV Guide in many XBMC skins.
Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:Maybe it's just me but I actually don't use this to download shows... merely to keep track of shows coming up etc. A personal TV Guide

You can try

Trakt.tv
Fav.tv
Mytvshows.org
Followmy.tv

Come on man, you have a lot of them to do that xD I think the best one is Trakt.tv if you use xbmc.
clubwerks Wrote:Sometimes you need to set specials and unaired episodes to Ignored. Lost has a bunch of webisodes that are listed in the season listing that I remember having to set to ignore.
In fact, this wasn't the issue. I did start doing it for a while but the count didn't change at all. Then I noticed that one of the shows I was going through had an episode marked as "snatched" (superior quality to actual, but download failed perhaps?). It still linked to the "old" file, which in fact was the current one.

Used the Episode Status Management to correct all these oddities.. Maybe it should count episodes which are being upgraded rather than just "ignoring" them? Also, maybe it shouldn't just leave it as snatched forever. Perhaps retry the download at some point?
azgul Wrote:In fact, this wasn't the issue. I did start doing it for a while but the count didn't change at all. Then I noticed that one of the shows I was going through had an episode marked as "snatched" (superior quality to actual, but download failed perhaps?). It still linked to the "old" file, which in fact was the current one.

Used the Episode Status Management to correct all these oddities.. Maybe it should count episodes which are being upgraded rather than just "ignoring" them? Also, maybe it shouldn't just leave it as snatched forever. Perhaps retry the download at some point?

I run across that problem every now and then too. It will say snatched but there's no evidence it ever tried to DL or it will say snatched and the episode will have downloaded correctly but the status didn't change. I just chalk it up to a small quirk.
Hey, quick question. I want to use your great program to grab the dubbed version of X-Men Anime when it debuts on G4 in Oct. I tried adding it as a new show, but only the original, undubbed version shows up. I don't speak Japanese. Any help/suggestions would be greatly welcomed
KidVulcan Wrote:Hey, quick question. I want to use your great program to grab the dubbed version of X-Men Anime when it debuts on G4 in Oct. I tried adding it as a new show, but only the original, undubbed version shows up. I don't speak Japanese. Any help/suggestions would be greatly welcomed

You could learn Japanese by October. Rofl
KidVulcan Wrote:Hey, quick question. I want to use your great program to grab the dubbed version of X-Men Anime when it debuts on G4 in Oct. I tried adding it as a new show, but only the original, undubbed version shows up. I don't speak Japanese. Any help/suggestions would be greatly welcomed

Do your versions have subtitles?
Since the show hasn't been released in the USA, that's the best you'll do.
XBMC ver: Nightly 17th Sept
Skin: Transparency

Ok guys, just recetly discovered XBMC, been playing with it for a wwek now. All was running reasonably ok until today when I tried to get going with SABnzbd and SickBeard.

I followed a guide that I found here,

http://www.users.on.net/~dholmes66/sb_guide/

I am pretty certain I folowed the instructions properly, but I now have a few problems;
Something has renamed a load of my films and not to anything like what they should be. For example Paul got renamed as Basic Instict!!! Go figure
When I press enter on my remote (or keyboard) in XBMC on the Music item in the menu Nothing happens. This used to tak me to a list of my music
The movie Paul which had an .ISO extension and did play within XBMC now wont play at all, either in XBMC or out of it

Any ideas

Please help guys, I know noob questions can be a pain sometimes but I am really keen on XBMC and dont want to settle for a leeser piece of software just because I cant make this work. XBMC rocks. I just need some help getting mine sorted.

Waiting in anticipation

Thanks
Redstorm_UK Wrote:OS: Win 7 Ultimate - 64 bit
XBMC ver: Nightly 17th Sept
Skin: Transparency

Ok guys, just recetly discovered XBMC, been playing with it for a wwek now. All was running reasonably ok until today when I tried to get going with SABnzbd and SickBeard.

I followed a guide that I found here,

http://www.users.on.net/~dholmes66/sb_guide/

I am pretty certain I folowed the instructions properly, but I now have a few problems;
Something has renamed a load of my films and not to anything like what they should be. For example Paul got renamed as Basic Instict!!! Go figure
When I press enter on my remote (or keyboard) in XBMC on the Music item in the menu Nothing happens. This used to tak me to a list of my music
The movie Paul which had an .ISO extension and did play within XBMC now wont play at all, either in XBMC or out of it

Any ideas

Please help guys, I know noob questions can be a pain sometimes but I am really keen on XBMC and dont want to settle for a leeser piece of software just because I cant make this work. XBMC rocks. I just need some help getting mine sorted.

Waiting in anticipation

Thanks

you may want to post your problem in the correct thread. this is for sickbeard (tv). sounds like your problem is with couch potato (movies).