Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC won't shutdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few nights ago I update xbmc to lucid. Ever since then everything works great (the interface navigates online MUCH faster by the way). But the system won't shutdown.

When I shutdown from xbmc, the screen goes black and it leaves me with a blinking prompt. Once that happens, I switch over to a console and in red text I see:
Code:
syslog killed by term signal
among a few other things, IIRC.

I can't even force a shutdown with
Code:
sudo shutdown now

I'm not at home right now and I didn't have time to dig into it very far. But I thought I'd toss that out there in case anyone might happen to have some tips.
jdog006 Wrote:A few nights ago I update xbmc to lucid. Ever since then everything works great (the interface navigates online MUCH faster by the way). But the system won't shutdown.

When I shutdown from xbmc, the screen goes black and it leaves me with a blinking prompt. Once that happens, I switch over to a console and in red text I see:
Code:
syslog killed by term signal
among a few other things, IIRC.

I can't even force a shutdown with
Code:
sudo shutdown now

I'm not at home right now and I didn't have time to dig into it very far. But I thought I'd toss that out there in case anyone might happen to have some tips.
If you have a USB drive in there somewhere, try removing it, and watch if it does not complete the shutdown once removed. I had an issue where my machine would not boot OR shutdown with a certain stick in place. It may or may not be related. Just thought I'd mention it for anyone else that might have had the issue.