XBMC won't shutdown
A few nights ago I update xbmc to lucid. Ever since then everything works great (the interface navigates online MUCH faster by the way). But the system won't shutdown.

When I shutdown from xbmc, the screen goes black and it leaves me with a blinking prompt. Once that happens, I switch over to a console and in red text I see:
Code:
syslog killed by term signal
among a few other things, IIRC.

I can't even force a shutdown with
Code:
sudo shutdown now

I'm not at home right now and I didn't have time to dig into it very far. But I thought I'd toss that out there in case anyone might happen to have some tips.
jdog006 Wrote:A few nights ago I update xbmc to lucid. Ever since then everything works great (the interface navigates online MUCH faster by the way). But the system won't shutdown.

When I shutdown from xbmc, the screen goes black and it leaves me with a blinking prompt. Once that happens, I switch over to a console and in red text I see:
Code:
syslog killed by term signal
among a few other things, IIRC.

I can't even force a shutdown with
Code:
sudo shutdown now

I'm not at home right now and I didn't have time to dig into it very far. But I thought I'd toss that out there in case anyone might happen to have some tips.
If you have a USB drive in there somewhere, try removing it, and watch if it does not complete the shutdown once removed. I had an issue where my machine would not boot OR shutdown with a certain stick in place. It may or may not be related. Just thought I'd mention it for anyone else that might have had the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC won't shutdown0