Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Mupen64Plus problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
has anyone managed to get Mupen64plus working under Dharma Beta 2 ? I've tried all sorts so far but not having much luck.

Initially tried installing from Apt using
Code:
sudo apt-get install mupen64plus

This seemed to install fine, but it is version 1.5 of Mupen (not the latest 1.99.3)

I was able to get this working using Launcher by pointing it at the binary in /usr/games/mupen64plus

However there are a number of bugs within v1.5, mainly with the sound being extremely juddery/stopping and starting all the time. I tried playing around with the jttl_audio.conf file buffers, but nothing seemed to make a difference.

I have now tried uninstalling v1.5 and have downloaded the latest 1.99.3 build from the google code page, in the hope that most/some of the bugs evident in 1.5 will have been ironed out.

This is where I am coming across problems.

At the moment, Mupen64 now fails to load at all. When you install it from the tar.gz file (google code page), it dumps all necessary files into a mupen64...etc folder wherever you extracted the tar.gz (in my case my home folder). The binary is also located in this folder.
I edited my launcher to point at this binary, however each time I now try to load the app, it crashes and dumps straight back to xbmc. It leaves the following code in my /var/log/messages file

Code:
Sep 27 12:03:18 XBMCLive kernel: [ 2095.480751] mupen64plus[2855]: segfault at 7c ip 00416c88 sp bfcb5070 error 4 in libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.3[3e9000+64000]

I assume this is some kind of fault with my SDL configuration, however I've no idea where to start diagnosing this!

Here is a full paste of my mupen64plus.conf file in case this sheds some light on the subject ... http://pastebin.com/y4v60Ei4
http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/wik...lingFromHg

I haven't tried it yet. will probably soon.
smithr99 Wrote:has anyone managed to get Mupen64plus working under Dharma Beta 2 ? I've tried all sorts so far but not having much luck.

Initially tried installing from Apt using
Code:
sudo apt-get install mupen64plus

This seemed to install fine, but it is version 1.5 of Mupen (not the latest 1.99.3)

I was able to get this working using Launcher by pointing it at the binary in /usr/games/mupen64plus

However there are a number of bugs within v1.5, mainly with the sound being extremely juddery/stopping and starting all the time. I tried playing around with the jttl_audio.conf file buffers, but nothing seemed to make a difference.

I went the same way as you and installed from sudo apt-get install and found the sound jittery so after trying all sorts to correct, de-installed. Nice that this might be fixed in the latest versions so will certainly look into installing that.
I haven't tried this yet but one tip is to make sure the old v1.5 config files are deleted before trying to run. These, as i recall, where under home directory under a usr/local/mupen64plus folder i think. Worth a try perhaps ?
I have this working using RCB... as RCB is the only way to navigate your ROMS IMHO..

here is my args in RCB config. I do have sound btw

its the --audio that made it working, but using that in my arg made it run in window mode and I had to edit my Mupen64plus config file. changed the resolution on window mode to 1900x1080.
Code:
<RomCollection>
    <name>N64</name>
    <consoleName>Nintendo64</consoleName>
    <romPath>/mnt/1tb/Games/Consoles/N64/Roms/*.zip</romPath>
    <romPath>/mnt/1tb/Games/Consoles/N64/Roms/*.z64</romPath>
    <romPath>/mnt/1tb/Games/Consoles/N64/Roms/*.v64</romPath>
    <romPath>/mnt/1tb/Games/Consoles/N64/Roms/*.V64</romPath>
    <romPath>/mnt/1tb/Games/Consoles/N64/Roms/*.rom</romPath>
    <escapeCommand>True</escapeCommand>
    <useEmuSolo>False</useEmuSolo>
    [b][color=Red]<emulatorCmd>/usr/games/mupen64plus --audio --fullscreen --nogui --noask "%ROM%"</emulatorCmd>[/color][/b]
    <mediaPath type="cover">/mnt/1tb/Games/Consoles/N64/Artwork/Cover/%GAME%.png</mediaPath>
    <mediaPath type="action">/mnt/1tb/Games/Consoles/N64/Artwork/Action/%GAME%.png</mediaPath>
    <mediaPath type="title">/mnt/1tb/Games/Consoles/N64/Artwork/Title/%GAME%.png</mediaPath>
    <mediaPath type="cartridge">/mnt/1tb/Games/Consoles/N64/Artwork/Cart/%GAME%.png</mediaPath>
    <mediaPath type="console">/mnt/1tb/Games/Consoles/N64/N64.png</mediaPath>
    <mediaPath type="background">/mnt/1tb/Games/Consoles/N64/Artwork/Background/%GAME%.png</mediaPath>
    <fileTypeForGameList>cover</fileTypeForGameList>
    <fileTypeForGameListSelected>cover</fileTypeForGameListSelected>
    <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoBig>action</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoBig>
    <fileTypeForGameInfoViewBackground>background</fileTypeForGameInfoViewBackground>
    <fileTypeForGameInfoViewGamelist>cover</fileTypeForGameInfoViewGamelist>
    <fileTypeForGameInfoView2>action</fileTypeForGameInfoView2>
    <fileTypeForGameInfoView3>cover</fileTypeForGameInfoView3>
</RomCollection>

my problem is I can't get my keyboard to control anything, the m mutes, the [] change the volume, ad esp key escapes the emulator.

but none of the controlling buttons work, enter key doesn't act as "select" to start the game im stumped i can't wait to get my controllers on thurs.

-=jason=-
Jason on 1.5 i used the basic controller plugin for input on my keyboard. That worked ok. I also successfully managed to map keys on the default plugin through the emulators GUI but it was hard going getting that right.

Did you install the 1.99.3 then and if so how ? I was using 1.5 and found sound was choppy on most games and eventually de-installed.

I tried, as the OP did, to run the compiled binaries but they don't seem to want to know.

Oh and what joypads did you order ?
danz0l Wrote:Jason on 1.5 i used the basic controller plugin for input on my keyboard. That worked ok. I also successfully managed to map keys on the default plugin through the emulators GUI but it was hard going getting that right.

Did you install the 1.99.3 then and if so how ? I was using 1.5 and found sound was choppy on most games and eventually de-installed.

I tried, as the OP did, to run the compiled binaries but they don't seem to want to know.

Oh and what joypads did you order ?
I have 2 xbox 360 wireless PC controllers just waiting to be used.

I installed via sudo apt-get install mupenplus64
Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ mupen64plus
__  __                         __   _  _   ____  _
|  \/  |_   _ _ __   ___ _ __  / /_ | || | |  _ \| |_   _ ___
| |\/| | | | | '_ \ / _ \ '_ \| '_ \| || |_| |_) | | | | / __|
| |  | | |_| | |_) |  __/ | | | (_) |__   _|  __/| | |_| \__ \
|_|  |_|\__,_| .__/ \___|_| |_|\___/   |_| |_|   |_|\__,_|___/
             |_|         http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/
Version 1.5

(mupen64plus:29858): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
I notice no choppy sound on the intro music to the games I have tested, mind you I have not successfully played a game yet, but it loads fine and sound working so far.

-=Jason=-
Ah you may encounter probs then. a lot of the intro's worked fine for me and the games generallyran fine but the sound did break up when playing on some.
danz0l Wrote:Ah you may encounter probs then. a lot of the intro's worked fine for me and the games generallyran fine but the sound did break up when playing on some.

im compiling 1.99x now using this guide
http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/wik...lingFromHg

-=Jason=-
OK let us know how you get on
Edit: so I can't get this thing to run i keep getting an error when trying to launch it.
Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:~/mupen64plus/test$ ./mupen64plus --nogui --fullscreen /mnt/1tb/Games/Consoles/N64/Roms/AeroGauge.v64
Mupen64Plus Console User-Interface Version 1.99.3

UI-console: attached to core library 'Mupen64Plus Core' version 1.99.3
            Includes support for Dynamic Recompiler.
Warning: unrecognized command-line parameter '--nogui'
Core: Goodname: AeroGauge (U) [!]
Core: Name: AEROGAUGE
Core: MD5: 72C7FFCEA6C1430616867616F5E9D51A
Core: CRC: aebe463e cc71464b
Core: Imagetype: .v64 (byteswapped)
Core: Rom size: 8388608 bytes (or 8 Mb or 64 Megabits)
Core: Version: 1449
Core: Manufacturer: Nintendo
Core: Country: USA
UI-Console: Cheat codes disabled.
UI-console: using Video plugin: 'Mupen64Plus OpenGL Video Plugin by Rice' v1.99.3
UI-console: using Audio plugin: 'Mupen64Plus SDL Audio Plugin' v1.99.3
UI-console: using Input plugin: 'Mupen64Plus SDL Input Plugin' v1.99.3
UI-console: using RSP plugin: 'Hacktarux/Azimer High-Level Emulation RSP Plugin' v1.99.3
init kbd.
Core Error: SDL video subsystem init failed: Unable to open a console terminal
Input Warning: No joysticks/controllers found
Input: Forcing keyboard input for N64 controller #1
Input: Using auto-configuration for device 'Keyboard'
Input: Mupen64Plus SDL Input Plugin version 1.99.3 initialized.
Video: SSE processing enabled.
Video: Found ROM 'AEROGAUGE', CRC 3e46beae4b4671cc-45
Video: Initializing OpenGL Device Context.
init kbd.
Core Status: Rom closed.

Sweet 8lb 6oz baby Jesus.

I have 1.99.3 installed it was like pulling teeth...
make sure you have the package libgl1-mesa-dev installed or it fails on the build script.

-=Jason=-

now to get home and see if it works when launching from RCB

Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:~/mupen64plus/test$ ./mupen64plus /mnt/1tb/Games/Consoles/N64/Roms/MarioKart\ 64.z64
Mupen64Plus Console User-Interface Version 1.99.3

UI-console: attached to core library 'Mupen64Plus Core' version 1.99.3
            Includes support for Dynamic Recompiler.
Core: Goodname: Mario Kart 64 (U) [h1C]
Core: Name: Mario Kart 64
Core: MD5: 7D54D888964A3B0D058EB80886C44C88
Core: CRC: 3e5055b6 2e92da52
Core: Imagetype: .v64 (byteswapped)
Core: Rom size: 12582912 bytes (or 12 Mb or 96 Megabits)
Core: Version: 1446
Core: Manufacturer: Nintendo
Core: Country: USA
UI-Console: Cheat codes disabled.
UI-console: using Video plugin: 'Mupen64Plus OpenGL Video Plugin by Rice' v1.99.3
UI-console: using Audio plugin: 'Mupen64Plus SDL Audio Plugin' v1.99.3
UI-console: using Input plugin: 'Mupen64Plus SDL Input Plugin' v1.99.3
UI-console: using RSP plugin: 'Hacktarux/Azimer High-Level Emulation RSP Plugin' v1.99.3
init kbd.
Input Warning: No joysticks/controllers found
Input: Forcing keyboard input for N64 controller #1
Input: Using auto-configuration for device 'Keyboard'
Input: Mupen64Plus SDL Input Plugin version 1.99.3 initialized.
Video: SSE processing enabled.
Video: Found ROM 'Mario Kart 64', CRC b655503e52da922e-45
Video: Initializing OpenGL Device Context.
init kbd.
xbmc@XBMCLive:~/mupen64plus/test$
Does that version not have the GUI then jason ? How was the compiling, was the key just having libgl1-mesa-dev for live or did you need to add other packages ?
i spent 6 hours yesterday trying to get the fu*ker to work but still to no avail !! I get the same errors as Flomaster

Quote:Core Error: SDL video subsystem init failed: Unable to open a console terminal

Flomaster - what I did do was to use the auto config file for controllers. My Xbox360 controller seemed to function ok in 1.5 without it. I just rename the "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver" controller to whatever xboxdrv was calling is (something with userspace in the name i think). This seemed to then recognise it, but obviously it still fell over at the point where it was supposed to load the rom!!

man alive, why cant they make these things easy to figure out!
danz0l Wrote:Does that version not have the GUI then jason ? How was the compiling, was the key just having libgl1-mesa-dev for live or did you need to add other packages ?

there is a pre-compiled version of 1.99.3 to download on the mupen64plus website. I think the source is there only if you want to grab the bleeding-edge edition

http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/downloads/list
Hi smithr99 i tried the precompiled and it refuses to launch. Did you get it working ?
Pages: 1 2 3