Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Filter in library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, is there any solution to get string from inputed filter text? I know that input text has id=310 in dialogkeybord.xml but after it is close, the control is no longer available. Next I suppose I could get it by Control.GetLabel from filter radiobutton id=19 but I only get () and (*). Any ideas?
() and (*) are it's On and Off states.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?
Hitcher Wrote:() and (*) are it's On and Off states.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Yes I know that. As I wrote I want to get string from filter so I can put it in my movie layout and says: Movies Library, Sort by Tite, Filter: "X-m"

So I want this string. As I also wrote radiobutton with id 19 (builtin control) after type some filter text in dialogkeyboard has this label under self, but I don't know how to get it. I could for example make this radiobutton without any texture and use it as a label and put it in some grouplist but it always align to right! I can't change it.

I also find that skins I checked as Confluence and Transparency has overlaping text with radiobutton filter gfx so I suppose some change has been done in last releases. See yourself.
Yes I see the same thing with Revisited.
The filter is available from a window property (Window.Property("filter") I think?)
Window.Property(filter)

Thank you! Smile

P.S. I found a lot of parameters in skins not included into manual. When it will be updated?
mstef Wrote:P.S. I found a lot of parameters in skins not included into manual. When it will be updated?

when you or anyone one else ads them ? the wiki is open to editing
Thanks, another minor addition that makes a lot of difference.

Jezz_X Wrote:when you or anyone one else ads them ? the wiki is open to editing

I thought that api manual is updated by developers. I could do it by myself but I'm not feel strong in this yet as I'm rookie in skinning (less than a month).
mstef Wrote:I thought that api manual is updated by developers. I could do it by myself but I'm not feel strong in this yet as I'm rookie in skinning (less than a month).
Just go for it and we'll all benefit. Wink
mstef Wrote:I thought that api manual is updated by developers. I could do it by myself but I'm not feel strong in this yet as I'm rookie in skinning (less than a month).

mstef Wrote:I also find that skins I checked as Confluence and Transparency has overlaping text with radiobutton filter gfx so I suppose some change has been done in last releases. See yourself.

also, if you come across a bug like that,
feel free to open a trac ticket, otherwise chances are it'll never be fixed. ;-)
ronie, if you use textoffsetx you move the text away from radio indicator. As I can't remember that there was filter text display in this control before, I suppose this is new feature. So it make sense that this is not bug but result of adding new feature.
mstef Wrote:ronie, if you use textoffsetx you move the text away from radio indicator.

hmm...yeah, but it also affects the button label on the left, so not really an option.